Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Knee injury can occur from the direct blow as well as through stretching and twisting injuries. At times the ligament that holds the knee in place gets stressed and results in sprains. Depending on the extent of the ligament and fibre damage, the sprains are graded. Then there are knee injuries that are caused by overuse of it. These injuries cause harm to the tendons and the muscles. Since the knee is interconnected to a lot of other structures, any damage to the knee can have serious repercussion to other connected bones and ligaments.
What are the Risk Factors?
1. Muscle imbalance leading to hamstring spasm.
2. Imbalance of the thigh muscle leading to injury of the knee.
3. Pregnant women and people who are overweight are at increased risk of knee injury
Signs and Symptoms of a Knee Injury:
Knee injuries that are serious in nature can result in instant swelling along with difficulty in bending it. People may find it difficult to bear any sort of weight whatsoever. Joint pain, swelling, inflammation of the muscles are some of the other symptoms of injury to the knee. Pain, instability, locking of the knee can be felt while walking fast or climbing stairs.
When to Contact a Doctor?
Any knee injury should be instantly reported to a doctor. Signs such as deformity, loss of sensation, cold ankle, swelling of knee etc. are signs of a knee injury. A doctor should be consulted, if home remedies such as rest, elevation, compression and ice treatment fail to fetch any fruitful results. If the swollen area has become warm and red and accompanies fever, it is a sign to visit the doctor.
How is a Knee Injury Diagnosed by a Doctor?
A doctor starts the diagnosis with medical history along with physical exam of the patient. Doctor first does a thorough inspection of the nerve and blood supply of the area.The next step of the diagnosis includes palpation. This is a step where the doctor tries to find out the exact location of the pain and tries to correlate the same with the injury location. The doctor might also stress the ligament in order to find out if they are fine. Other imagery tests such as X-ray and MRI are performed to find out the exact location of the injury.
The nature of the injury decides the treatment plan. In many cases, the injured area is suggested to be kept at rest or moved in the specific direction as per the direction of a physiotherapist. For serious injuries with a tendon or ligament injury, a reconstructive surgery is necessary to get the knee to the original condition. The type of surgical procedure depends on the kind of Injury one have faced.
Hi, I am 30 years woman with 3 children. I have suffering backpain many times. Kindly advise me tips for better living. M.Rawat.
Hi i am having Buttock pain through thigh upto foot on the right side, worse after sitting for long time, x ray did not reveal anything significant.
I am having a serious pain in my right shoulder and tricep, not while pressing it but when I lift my arm it pains a lot, I did my gyming and right after that badminton, so when I play badminton and get in position of smash shot, it pains like hell, and its been there for 2 weeks as of now, I have taken painkillers and all sorts of medicines, it wont help, please advice.
Hello Doctor I am filling allows bore. And I am not consented in a particular thing. I love Computer and Smart phone and like to experiment with software. But now I can't spend for a second without Phone Or Computer. So how can I Gate back from this addiction. please tell me sa soon as possible.
I am 19 years old. I can't remember few things I mean I instantly forget something and try to memorize it. And I instantly have hand and legs pains, what could be the cause. And sometimes I get headache too. Answer my question plzzz.
My father was suffering with backpain, the pain was while in the morning when wake up and he can't walk steadily due too the pain soo please explain a how too recover from pain without medicine I mean which food too bee taken more. He was 45 years old.
I am 88. 4 kg vegetarian, unmarried have pcod ,much pains in legs knees toes foot ankle. Unable to walk .please help no sleep, in ,depression, tiresome,
My grand mother eating to sleeping tablet 5mg. One by one day or two days latter take. Some any effect shout be any come. Reason take to tablet knee pain.
I am suffering from ankylosing spondylitis since last 3years, I feel stiffness in back and neck. Presently I am taking alopathy treatment but their side effects are more(presently I am taking saaz ds 2mg/day. Can any one suggest is their any good treatment in ayurveda and homeopathy or better treatment in allopathy.
Staying healthy involves a wholesome state of being where the mind and body are in perfect sync. A less than properly functioning body can leave you in a state of potential depression after a certain point of time, while a depressive mind can leave you feeling less than stellar where you end up imagining and experiencing pain. The health of your bones and joints is one such area that requires even more care as you start growing older. Wear and tear is just one of the reasons for degeneration while fractures and injuries can lead to a sudden halt of normal functioning of the bones and joints too.
So how can you ensure bone and joint health in the long run? Follow our tips!
- Eating Right: Pick calcium rich food like dairy products that have a low fat content, including milk and yogurt. Also, have a daily dose of green, leafy vegetables and plenty of citrus fruit and juices for your fill of calcium. Further, food like eggs and soybeans which have lots of vitamin D can also help in retaining good bone and joint health. Vitamin C rich fruit like watermelon, oranges, squash and tomatoes also help in natural tissue and cartilage repair. And finally, get plenty of vitamin K to retain good bone density for a prolonged period with ingredients like leafy green vegetables, eggs and cheese.
- Exercise: This is the key to good bone and joint health. Much like machinery and tools, the bones and joints of your body can also wither with disuse and prolonged inactivity. Make sure that you indulge in exercises like long walks and muscle strengthening exercises which will give your joints and bones good amount of strength as well. Remember to speak with your doctor before you start a new exercise regime so that you avoid anything that may be harmful in case you have any other ailment. Low impact exercises will strengthen the spine, while fat burning and weight loss exercises will ensure that there is less pressure on the knees and lumbar area. Swimming and resistance building exercises can also be practised for these purposes.
- Abstinence: A major factor in promoting better bone and joint health is abstinence from all those things that can create problems in the long run, like smoking, drinking excessively and even too much consumption of caffeine and fatty food. All these things can create depletion of the natural bone mass. Also, switching to a lower heel for everyday wear footwear and changing your position during your time at your workstation are a few things that will go a long way.
Take care of your bones and joints the right way today, for a healthier tomorrow.