Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vernon SequeiraYour feedback matters!
Im becoming dark these days. My frnd suggested me to take glutanova injections for fairness. Is it good for health or does it have any side effects.?
My lower lip looks very big. Suddenly I do not feel there is any swelling and my face also.what to do
Respected sir/madam I started chewing tobacco in my school days and now I am 24 years old recently I quit this bad habit but I noticed that my skin become like a old guys it contains wrinkles so when I study about it I found that tobacco contains nicotine and due to this our body losses vitamins so I would like to know that should I take a multivitamin capsules or take only natural product like juice etc.
How to glow skin in home. And how to wait loss in home. In which type of element use in those precision.
My brother is 18years old. His complexion is not very fair. Now he has a little marks on his face. Uske face pr small small black and white marks ho gya h. He has tried many types of cream on his face. But all goes in vain. Please tell me what to do to get a clear and fair skin?
Can you suggest a skin lightening cream to restore the colour of your skin? I've tanned my face over the years and want to restore my original skin colour back.
Summer often brings in a host of problems the scorching heat can sometimes burn and tan your skin. The humidity can cause you to sweat, making your skin accumulate grime, dirt and increase your chances of getting skin infections. Avoiding the sun by staying indoors or using an umbrella is a good option, but not always a practical possibility. According to Ayurveda, summer is the season when the sun is strong and increases heat in the body, which is one of the main causative factors of skin problems. So you not only need to beat the outside heat, but find a way to keep your body cool from the inside heat too. Some of the common problems in summer include sunburn, redness, irritation, rashes and acne outbreaks. Here are some ways Ayurveda can help:
Start by knowing your skin type in ayurveda:
- Vata skin: This is characterized by dry, thin, delicate skin that is cool to touch and easily gets dehydrated. It can be flaky and has a tendency to age faster.
- Pita skin: This is characterized by skin that is fair, sensitive, soft and warm. It is prone to freckles and moles and can break into rashes, acne or sunspots when out of balance.
- Kapha skin: It tends to have all the qualities of water and earth, it can be oily, thick, pale, soft, cool and more tolerant of the sun. On the flip side, people with kapha skin may have dull complexion, excessive oil, pimples and suffer from water retention.
- Combination types: Can include Vata-Pitta (both dry and sensitive) Kapha-Pitta (oily and sensitive) and Vata-Kapha (dry with some oily zones).
Threapies like abhyangham, sheeta kashaya dhara, udwarthanam are very beneficial for vata-pitha & kapha predominant skin type. Abhyangham is medicated oil massage which helps to detoxify, nourish and revitalize the body tissues. Udwarthanam is special therapeutic deep tissue massage using herbal powders. This massage involves upward stroking, where the powder is rubbed forcibly on the body. The massage is done in the opposite direction to hair follicles. This pacifies the aggravated Kapha dosha, reduces the excess fat softens and exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby giving a lustrous glow to skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am 24 years old I have a scar on the chin for about 4 months what can I do I am using candiderma now.
Hello. I am a 24 year old girl. I got some infection on back side of my thighs. I don' t know the exact name what we call that. But when that bursted I got blood with some dirt liquid from that, and I get blood mark now also from that. I don' t have much pain now. But its not getting dry. Can you suggest me some antiseptic cream or medicine from which it will get dry without any mark left out.
I have painless lump on left hand side shoulder for the past 20 days. There is no other effects in my body. Whom am I suppose to consult?
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from fungal skin infection. Please advice me the medicine as well as precautions.
Hi I'm mukund patel I have 1 question my face eyes under dark circles to how to remove. Please solution given me. Thanks.
I have been under eye darkness since 5 years please suggest me which under eye cream what in diet and any medicine plz.
I am 21 year old, my face is looking dark, I am using ELOVERA night cream for 1 month but I did not see any changes in my face. So please suggest any night creams nd face soaps sir. Thank you.
The enlarged oil gland openings on your skin are called open pores. They are concentrated primarily on the T-zone (the forehead, nose and chin) and cheeks. Open Pores is a common problem for people who have oily skin. There is no instant fix for open pores. Luckily, you can control them with enough patience and the right remedies.
Here are some remedies you can use to treat open pores:
- Ice: Ice shrinks enlarged pores by tightening the skin. You can also use it to minimize large pores before you apply makeup. Ice also boosts the skin’s heath and stimulates circulation. You can use it on its own (by wrapping a clean washcloth around it) or use an infusion of rose water, green tea, apple juice or cucumber juice.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a skin toner and natural astringent. It tightens skin, reduces enlarged pores and restores the skin’s natural chemical balance. It is also anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial in nature, which prevent acne breakouts. Dilute apple cider vinegar in water before applying it to your face with a cotton ball.
- Egg whites: Egg whites shrink large pores by toning and tightening the skin. Make a mask with egg whites and lemon juice to reduce pores and oil on your face.
- Sugar scrub: Sugar scrub is a great exfoliator that not only reduces large pores, but also removes extra impurities and oil. Simply mix lemon juice, sugar and olive oil together and gently massage it on your skin.
- Baking soda: Baking soda has exfoliating properties, and it effectively removes dirt, debris and oil from the skin. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, it can also be used to reduce pimples and acne. Apply a mixture of lukewarm water and baking soda to your face, gently massage it and then rinse with cold water.
- Fuller’s earth/Multani Mitti: Multani mitti is a miraculous natural remedy that has many useful properties. It reduces open pores, absorbs extra oil and exfoliates the skin. Additionally, it also reduces blemishes and scars and benefits skin that is damaged by sun. You can make a paste of multani mitti with water or rose water and apply it to your face. Keep it on your face for 15-20 minutes and then remove it with cold water.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.