Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkatramanYour feedback matters!
Hi Me and my hubby was planning for a baby for past 2 months. I keep track of my cycle and ovulation day. I had my last period on 28.08.17. And my ovulation on 09.09.17. We had IC on my last ovulation (also before and after ovulation day) till now. Im about to have my periods in 4 days as per the cycle. Is there any chance to get pregnant ?pls answer my query.
My wife of 42, What is the best contraceptive pills. Daily or weekly or monthly or six monthly. We use saheli, it fails, we use ayurvedic b gap, it fails, we use copper T, it fails, nonstop bleeding. Just abortion last month. I do not like to use condoms. We do not want vascatomy or tubectomy. She used MALA Dfor a long time, with this lactation starts. But now she starts MALA D again from her mensuration cycle. Is it safe. What should we do to avoid pregnancy. We want to do direct sex, without using any condom. Pl guide.
I Veena ,want again pregnant after stopping pills but, 2 years completed .but I can get pregnant. I have have 1 child .pls. Suggest.
Hi. I had unprotected sex on 19 Oct. I took unwanted 72. I got my periods after that on23rd october. But my this month period is late by 4 days. Can I be pregnant.
Hello Dr. mere breast se milk drop a rhe h mere 14jun ko last time sex keya tha now I'm worry about that give me suggestion please and solution.
In the process of Fingering she bleed and pain started. She thought she might loose Virginity. And vagina pain continue for 2 days and 2nd day again she bleed. Whats the reason? Is it normal or she has to consult doctor?
I had sex with my wife on 4th june and on 5th june we took the unwanted 72. Firstly she did get any withdrawal bleeding and her due date was around 20 june Its 8th july she still haven't got her periods started. 1) is there any chances of her being pregnant? 2) when should we expect cycle to start? 3) what should be our next step? 4) is it normal to see this much delay in the cycle to start which is around 18 days from the normal cycle date?
Had my last monthly period beginning on 5 may and had unprotected sex 18 may but he did not ejaculate in me and took emergency pill 3 hours after the incidence. Now I've not had my period till now and am overdue. Took home pregnancy test on 8 June but came back negative then again on today 17 June and still came out negative. Could I still be pregnant or is it the pill that has caused change in my cycle. Please what should I do.
Hello, doctor I am 23 yrs old with 157cm height and 60 kgs weight, since my menarchy my menstrual cycle is not regular and I get only twice in a year I regularly do abdominal exercises and work up like walking but I am gaining weight and my abdomen is growing day by day. Please do help me.
I want to do sex with my girlfriend and she also want to do it with me but we r afraid from pregnancy so. Please help me to know what we have to do from that she will not pregnant n we can easily enjoy our first sex?
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.