Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Veena Zaveri

Gynaecologist, Mumbai

600 at clinic
Dr. Veena Zaveri Gynaecologist, Mumbai
600 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; a......more
Hello and thank you for visiting my Lybrate profile! I want to let you know that here at my office my staff and I will do our best to make you comfortable. I strongly believe in ethics; as a health provider being ethical is not just a remembered value, but a strongly observed one.
More about Dr. Veena Zaveri
Dr. Veena Zaveri is a trusted Gynaecologist in Kurla West, Mumbai. You can consult Dr. Veena Zaveri at Kohinoor Hospital in Kurla West, Mumbai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Veena Zaveri on

Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Kohinoor Hospital

Ali Yavar Jung, Kirol Road, Premier Colony, Kohinoor City, Kurla West. Landmark: Opp LBS Marg, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
600 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Veena Zaveri

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am going through monthly periods and it is giving alot pain. How can the pain be decreased.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, You need to rule out endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts with an ultrasound pelvis and the pain can be controlled with antispasmodics or NSAIDS.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, I am 24 years female unmarried I am suffering from irregular periods ,my period never come on time at age 11 my first period started and from that time only my periods was for one month after consulting doctor and taking medicine my periods started coming on time and for 6 to 7 days but that was very much pain full and for that doctor use to give me "position" medicine and I was taking that only then from 2011 my periods problem again started now the problem was that my period was not coming on time I miss my period for every 2 to 3 month gap for that I again consulted to doctor she told me to go for ultrasound and the report as usual always comes normal, many time doctor prescribed me for ultrasound and in that the reports are normal after that she used to give me" regestrone "medicine after taking that my period come on time but again this missing period problem started for that many times I have been taking that regestrone medicine in result I put on lots of weight and then I stopped all that medicine now I am taking ayurveda medicine from 1 year till now I am taking ayurveda medicine but my period problem is not been solved I am still taking ayurvedic medicine and period is not coming for 2to 3 month, I am very much tensed ,doctors are telling that I will might get problem in conceiving. What to do so that my period come on time without taking any medicine.

Diploma in Advanced Gynaec Laparoscopic Surgery, Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, MNAMS, DNB
Hormone tests need to be done to rule out PCOD which is a common problem. Do weight reduction, exercise,diet control.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello doctor. Just have a doubt whether it's a serious thing to handle. We have a baby boy aged 6 month old. My husband always tells me that he doesn't get satisfaction in sex. He counts and says, only on these particular days he had a satisfied sex. Got married 2.5 years ago. Always I make moves to make him happy. But hope I'm lagging in something. He wants me to go wild but im not able to do so. I am getting my peak by stimulation of vagina. Me and my husband both make a good looking pair. Need suggestions please.

MD-Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Sexologist, Haldwani
Hello- If you were having a mutually enjoyable sex previously but something is lacking now, thn it might be a decrease in your libido as a result of progressive age and other factors including stress, lack of internal secretion, pain during sex or a weak health status, which can be recovered and cured with the help of ayurvedic medications. However if this is the scenario from the start thn it might be possible that your husband's expectations are due to watching porn films in which female actors provoke false feelings (heightened expression during sex and orgasm) in order to make the film more pleasurable to the viewers.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, i'm married man we are planning to have a kid but my wife unable to conceive. What shud I do?

General Physician, Faridabad
get your semen tested as well as get your wife checked by gynaecologist, back with report so that i can help. welcome.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

M 21 years old. and i am missing my periods. Today is 36th day bt. and sometimes feeling pain in lower abdomen. and I already have an irregular history of menses. What to do? suggest me some medicine ?

Alternative Medicine Specialist, Vadodara
Hello for this month solution you can take pulsatilla 200 bad. & if you have to solve this irregular menses problem permanently you should go with homeopathy constitution treatment. You can consult privately for better management. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful

I have Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1 genitally, and I want to know how it can be transmitted. Some people say that it can't be transferred unless I'm having an outbreak, others say it can be transmitted through vaginal and oral sex, and some say it's in the saliva. If anyone knows for sure answers I.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Mumbai
Herpes can spread by having vaginal, anal, or oral sex with someone who has the disease. Fluids found in a herpes sore carry the virus, and contact with those fluids can cause infection. You can also get herpes from an infected sex partner who does not have a visible sore or who may not know he or she is infected because the virus can be released through your skin and spread the infection to your sex partner. Using condoms may help lower this risk but it will not get rid of the risk completely. Having sores or other symptoms of herpes can increase your risk of spreading the disease. Even if you do not have any symptoms, you can still infect your sex partners.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My age is 30 years have 2 kids. 1 is 3 years 3 months and another is 1 years 2 months. He is breast feeding. My last periods in on 26 august. I have 40 days cycle. But on 11 september. I notice some bleeding spot after that day I am suffer from menstrual pain, white discharge and loose motion. Yesterday night I did pregnancy test. Its showing 1 line. Now what I have to do. Should I do pregnancy test again or visit a gynecologist. please help.

MBBS (Gold Medalist, Hons), MS (Obst and Gynae- Gold Medalist), DNB (Obst and Gynae), Fellow- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (ACOG, USA), FIAOG
Gynaecologist, Kolkata
Pregnancy is negative. But you need to know the cause of not having periods. So, please consult gynecologist.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a PCOD problem and I am on birth control pills. It's been 3 days now since I finished the pills but no sign of my period. I am feeling bloated and have sugar cravings. Please advise.

Homeopath, Sindhudurg
Homoeopathic treatment- arg nit 30-4 pills 3 times femarex syrup 2 spoonful 3 time. For 8 days and revert back.
12 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Is it safe to have sex during the 5th day of periods or is there any chances of pregnancy? And my next question is sir can presemen can lead to pregnancy?

MSc-Psychology, MHSc-Reproductive and Sexual Medicine, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, MBBS
Sexologist, Hyderabad
The first day of bleeding if you take as day one--then having sex onthe 5 th day -no chance of pregnancy. Small amount of sticky fluid that comes at excitement, before entering the vagina--usually called pre cum-- can not produce pregnancy. But very very rarely it can have spermatozoa and can lead to pregnancy. It is so rare, that you can ignore.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had sex on 18th n 19 Dec, not used any condoms nor ipill. From last 3 4 days, my back is paining a lot n feeling cramps in my lower abdomen and also in vagina sometimes. Always feels sleepy n tired. Some times I eat a lot n sometimes not. Moods swings a lot. What it is exactly. Please help.

Certificate Course in Fitness Management
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Faridabad
These signs does not necessarily indicate that you are pregnant. However, if you took any birth control pill, it is natural to experience such side effects.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Tips for getting the most out of physiotherapy

To ensure that you get the greatest benefits from your physiotherapy visit, we recommend that you:

1)See your Physiotherapist early
2)Set a goal of what you hope to achieve
3)Ask questions
4)Follow your physiotherapist?s advice
5)Carry out the exercises as instructed
Take an active role in your recovery, so you learn to self-manage your injury
Please contact us with any questions about getting the most out of your physiotherapy visit.

I am 25 years old girl. I am suffering from irregular periods. Can you suggest what to do.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Sometimes, the periods may be disturbed due to physical exertion, stress, sickness and hormonal disturbance. Homoeopathy has effective treatment for your problem without adverse effects. Take cimicifuga 200 ---once daily in the morning for 5 days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Ever since I had a baby in January (4 months ago) when I move sometimes it starts to feel like I sprained my vagina, is that suppose to happen? And it hurts.

MBBS, MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology, FMAS, DMAS
Gynaecologist, Noida
Hello, it should not feel as sprained but often there are vaginal lacerations which heal with granulation tissue and can cause some uncomfortable feeling for long but spraining a vagina is not seen.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is 5 month pregnant. Can we have sex? Also do we need to take any precautions?

General Physician, Chennai
You can definitely have sex no need of any precaution do it in comfortable position for her mostly sideways.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

24 year old female. Pregnancy ended using unwanted kit about a year back. Period normal for some few cycles. Presently have been having period for four days with heavy bleeding with large blood clot. Please help.

Homeopath, Hyderabad
Then first you need to undergo Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis, thyroid profile and hormonal profile to rule out the exact cause for irregular periods, please undergo and then can identify what the actual problem is and can be treated accordingly.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Medicines Lead to Dry Mouth

BDS, Certificate course in Oral Implantology
Dentist, Aligarh
Medicines Lead to Dry Mouth
Taking a large no. Of medications often leads to a dry mouth. Increase your fluid intake or ask your dentist about an artifical saliva product or chew sugarless gum after a meal to keep your mouth moist.

Can my girlfriend get pregnant with unprotected sex while taking Norethisterone tablets.

MD - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology
Gynaecologist, Yamunanagar
Dear lybrate-user, norethisterone is not a contraceptive pill. She can get pregnant on those medications. She should be taking oral contraceptive pills ie. Pregnancy avoiding pills.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Allergic Issues of the Nose

ENT Specialist, Gurgaon
Allergic Issues of the Nose

Nasal allergies are very common and as a result, not taken seriously by most people. In most cases you patiently withstand the coughing and sneezing, which might last for an entire day and in the process might inadvertently damage your health by choosing to ignore it for the time being.

Here are some of the commonly experienced nasal allergies and what you should do to get relief from them:

  1. Runny or stuffy nose: The best option is to just avoid allergy triggers. For example, if pollen is your allergen, then avoid going out during the times pollen count when it is reported to be high. Or, if animals make you sneeze, then make sure to have your hands washed and clothes changed after playing with them. Do not over use decongestant sprays at all. If these symptoms persist for more than half a week, then it's time to seek your doctor's advice.
  2. Uncontrollable Sneezing: Again, the best option is to avoid; but in many cases, it becomes difficult for you to avoid the allergen. In those cases, try antihistamine. If that doesn't work, then you can also go for a nasal steroid spray, but again, make sure to not overuse it.
  3. Post Nasal Drip: Usually, you unconsciously swallow your mucus. But, if the mucus quantity increases, it becomes thicker and results in post-nasal drip. It isn't much common, but you can practically feel the mucus dripping into your throat from the back of the nose. It can result in a lumpy feeling in the throat and can cause irritation. You can try drinking more fluids and using a nasal spray to reduce the mucus quantity. If that doesn't work, then it's time to seek advice from your doctor.
  4. Eyes that itch: Watery eyes that itch are annoying companions of nose allergy and though they might not be a serious hazard for the eyes, you cannot ignore them. Try wearing sunglasses when you go out into a reportedly high-pollen-count weather. It might be a better option to forego contact lenses; they can escalate the entire eye-itching problem. If it becomes too itchy, you can place a cold washcloth over your eyes.

Testing an Allergy: Allergy testing is commonly done by by skin prick test, in order to diagnose the allergens. Once, the allergens are diagnosed, immunotherapy can be started, which will help in improving the symptoms of and in many cases, it provides complete cure.

4854 people found this helpful

I had taken I pill ,since me and my boyfriend is fooling around .he accidentally dropped his pre cum on my vagina ,and now am being afraid and taken the pill. Now am having stomach pain body pain and pain in my area .wht to do?

Gynaecologist, Dehradun
Hello I pill is a strong medicine and may cause slight pain abdomen, nausea and abdominal discomfort. Don't worry it will settle in a day it so. If pain exists then visit a gynaecologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed