Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena M KayarkarYour feedback matters!
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus, it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hello sir, My menstruation 4 days late .can I do the pregnancy test after period My last period is 2 feb.
I used meprate10 mg. After 1 week I got periods ,but very less bleeding. Is there any reason for this? Every time will it be like this only?
My wife has no interest in sex since last 2 years. Her age is 23. Is there any tablet or medicine to increase her sex mood.
Last 10 days back me & my girl have a sex without protection & after few days. Periods suppose to come. But I think more then 4 to 5 days. The period is not coming. As per his last month.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
Hi, I got married 7 months ago. My age is 30 and my wife running in 23. Normally we meet two or three times in a month for 2-3 days every time. But still she is not conceived. Both we are physically fit. Every month she get periods. Please suggest is there any need for visiting a doctor.
I had protected sex with my bf. Rather always had unprotected sex. But since one month I haven't received my periods. I have lots n lots of stress. Job stress home stress. I have menstrual flow plus stomach n lower back aching. Can you let me know what could b the reason of not getting periods. M tensed n afraid of pregnancy please help me. If at all there are chances of pregnancy I'm taking vitamin c tablets daily n alternate 2 aspirin in half glass of water. please suggest me something to avoid pregnancy if there are chances.
Hi I am a female aged 37 yrs, with 2 children I got my regular periods on the 27.02.2017. I had taken unwanted 72 after intercourse on 13.02.2017. The period ended for 3 days. Now on 04.3.2017 I started getting little bleeding, spotting kind again on 5th and 6th as well. Really worried whats wrong. Had a pap smear test done in may last year which came out to be normal. Please tell what to do shall I go visit a gain or wait.
Hello I am 26 years old lady. I am married since 2 years. I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle problem. I have taken many medicines but no positive results. The gap between two cycles is almost 2 and half to 3 months. No abdomen pain as such but no monthly periods as well. This problem is disturbing my day to day activities. And not able to concentrate on anything. Can you help me to come out from this?
I am 22 years old. I had unprotected sex and my menses are lare by 1 and half month. I feel unconscious sometimes. Please suggest.
What is the safest period for unprotected sex, not using a condom with my gf. Is it fine to get involved in intercourse during periods?
Notice the strange smell wafting in your kitchen? It's not your food... it is your refrigerator! Fridge is often one of the last places on our home cleaning list. We like to keep things in our kitchen shining and spotless but the inside of the fridge is a different story all together. The entire contents have to be emptied and at least half a day has to be dedicated to scrubbing and cleaning all the hidden corners, needless to say putting everything back and planning your day around the activity. As boring as it may seem, it is an important chore that you need to undertake at least once a month. Why? Because other than food, your fridge may be hosting some unwanted guests that may cause a lot of health problems for your family. Have a look:
1. Find out who hitched a ride into your fridge: Certain foods, like vegetables, chicken and meat which are not kept in a healthy environment when being sold can harbour some harmful bacteria. These will travel with your food into your fridge and even sometimes cause cross contamination. So give a good thought to what you are putting into your fridge to take your first step towards a healthy life.
2. Find the long lost items: We often put canned foods in the fridge to use for a later day. A lot of these items come with months of shelf life before the expiry date. But sometimes they get pushed back a little too much and we fail to notice that they may have passed their expiry date before use. We often tend to take a 'sniff' and 'taste' test for such items and if they seem fine, we use them anyway. When an item crosses its expiry date, be sure to throw it out. If it doesn't then use your best judgment. When in doubt, throw it out. It may be an on-off case to cause a harmful reaction.
3. Different foods different shelves: Your fridge is designed to hold different foods on different shelves. Raw meat and leftovers go on the bottom shelf, fruits and vegetables on top and cheese and canned items in the center. This allows them to stay closest to the temperature optimum for them.
4. Covert your fridge into your diet ally: Mid night cravings for ice cream, cakes, and other comfort foods can wreck havoc on your diet and health. Start by cleaning out your fridge and let go of the things that can get you into health trouble. Re-stock your fridge with healthy items stored in an attractive manner. Cut carrot sticks, bright fruits, and healthy green salads all stored in snack-able portions will eventually make you reach out for them over other foods.
5. Get your basics right: Your fridge should be under 40 F or 4 degrees. Give it a thorough cleaning every month with baking soda.
Want to know what you can put in your fridge to help you lose weight and gain health? Get a consultation today.