Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Veena M KayarkarYour feedback matters!
Infertility has significant social impact on india. Evaluation of male should occur simultaneously with female partner when there is no pregnancy after one year of regular unprotected intercourse. Semen ananysis is not a test of fertility. Fertility is couple related phenonmenon. The patient can not considered fertile only on the basis of normal semen analysis. It was shown that 30% of patients with normal semen analysis have abnormal sperm function. Semen anaysis should be performed according to 2010 who guidelines.
Male fertility problems ranges from decreased production of sperm (oligospemia) motility defect (asthaenospermia) morphology defect (teratospermia) or non-measurable level of sperm (azoospermia) which is diagnosed in 2% of general population. Azoospermia is one of the major reproductive disorders which causes male infertility in humans. Genetic factors are responsible for 1/3 rd case of azoospermia. There are two types of azoospermia obstructive and non-obstructive.
Obstructive azoospermia is defined as absence of spermatozoa in the ejaculate despite normal spermatogenesis and affects 6%-13.6% of infertile male while non-obstructive azoospermia is most severe form of azoospermia which affects 10% of infertile male.
Sperm retrived can be achieved in case of azoospermia through pesa (percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration) mesa (microscopic epididymal sperm aspiration) tesa (testicular sperm aspiration or micro tese (microscopic testicular sperm extraction).
The appearance of 5 th edition of who manual (2010) is radical shift in understanding fertility in men. The 5 th edition of the who manual for semen analysis includes for first time reference values for human semen characteristics. Sperm counts >15 m are considered normal which means fertility is possible although it is imp to remember that higher values up to >140 m are known to increase fertility probability, values between 15-140 m represents a category of male subfertility.
Introduction of icsi (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) or testtube baby has brought hope for men when severe male factor infertility and provide them chance to become biological fathers.
I am feeling some hardness in my breasts Upon consultation with doctor she said after marriage it vanishes Is it ok.
I am 26 years old female. Got married in last year's 2015 in the month of Sept. I got operated gall bladder stone in the month of may 2016. Since that I am facing abdominal pain and also came to know about that I pcod. I have help to Conceive and want a child. And also want my sex life should be healthy. Pls help.
Hi. Every month 14 days before period I get breast tenderness a lot. It's really very uncomfortable for me. And also I get depression and angry as well. Breast tenderness more than worse for me. We are trying to get pregnant since three months. But I did not get pregnancy. Is this hormonal imbalance or not? I have regular periods.
It's quite a personal I am 20 years old guy and I am going to get physical to my fiance She's Virgin and so do I It's our first time and really special for both of us But We don't want to use condoms for our first time as it would still create a difference for us What other precautions should I take so that we should have safe sex and also my love should not get pregnant Please advise.
I am 31 years old and had a miscarriage on 9th of april. I want to know how long it will take for my body to recover?
I am 32 years old. Recently I hv a c section delivered a baby. After that I used some ayurvedic mefic to keep body heat. So now am getting excess dehydration. My total body is burning. Unable to feed baby also am getting fatigue, tired really feeling discomfort. What should I do.
Can pregnant women eat sesame seeds? What foods should I eat during pregnancy, please send me the list of foods to avoid during pregnancy.
I am 27 years, I am PCOD, I had my dates 2 months back, during dates I had safe sex. I took 5 days regestrone 5 mg 2 tablets in 1 day. Today is 2nd day after I stopped my tablet. Still I am not getting dates. I took home pregnancy test 2 times. It says negative.
My penis is too big and hard about 8 inch my wife vagina is small he can not put it in it Suggest how to increase or dilate the vagina.
Hello sir are there any side effects to use unwanted 72 pill. And do we need to use it daily. How often we can use that tablets. Please suggest.
If your menstruation cycle is 28 days and if this day falls between 14th to 18th day there is good chance of you becoming pregnant. The above line THIS DAY FALLS BETWEEN 14 TO 18TH DAY THERE IS GOOD CHANCE OF YOU BECOMING PREGNANT. Is it mean telling about period day or the day I had sex.
I have a fibroid in uterus. It is a hypoechoic mass of 38x40 mm in size. Any treatment of it except surgery.
Taking into account the hectic lifestyle we lead, most of us end up suffering from aches and pains. But that does not mean we have to continue to suffer from them. There are plenty of easy exercises that one can follow in order to keep themselves healthy and problem free!
In order to avoid aches and pains, the first thing that a person needs to do is
- Practise hamstring stretches regularly: What this entails is that he or she needs to lie on the back, raise a leg and hold the back of it with both hands. While it may be called the hamstring stretch and one would probably normally think that the beneficial impact of doing it would be limited to the hamstring, it works quite a bit of special magic which has an ability to ease the pain in the lower back. Now, for an exercise which is so simple, is it not worth it?
- Side Stretch: Talking about stretches, another form of a stretch happens to be the side stretch. Even this is rather simple and all that needs to be done is to lie on one’s side and pull the ankle of the leg which is not in contact with the ground towards the back. While this is being done, the ankle of the lower leg should apply pressure on the thigh.
- Straight leg raise: It may seem that most of the exercises which reduce pain are stretches! However, this is not really the case as there is a place for exercises such as the straight leg raise and the like. What exactly is the straight leg raise? Well, it can be done when a person is either in a sitting position or is lying on his or her back. The toes are to be kept pointed upwards and the leg is to be raised. It is to be kept in mind that the challenge of the straight leg raise is that the knee should not be bent, at all.
- The cat and camel exercise: The terms cat and camel generally refer to members of the animal kingdom. However, jointly, in terms of exercises, the cat and camel is an exercise well worth remembering as it can save the individual quite a lot of pain. All that needs to be done is to alternatively arch one’s back towards the floor and the ceiling while resting on one’s hands and knees.
While our way of living may come with certain side-effects, but it would not be right to say that we are helpless. We need to take charge and make little changes to enjoy a healthy and happy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am here to address to the first doctor of the family that is mothers. Dear mothers you are the first person whom everyone in the family be it your child, husband, parents or in laws want to see first when in trouble or illness.
As it is said that men's work is from son to son but a lady's work ia never done, means men do work for a limited time period say from 9 to 5 for eg, but a women's work is never ending.
Doing all work and taking care of your family you keep your health at the bottom of your priority list dear mothers you need to understand that your health is the key to family health. You cannot avoid yourself.
If you want to keep your family happy and health then first you need to stay happy and healthy.
I am Dr. Komal puri giving some reminder to be followed by moms to keep themselves healthy.
1. Take a glass of water in the morning as soon as you wake up, it will help to flush toxins from your body that is generated overnight.
2. Don't skip breakfast-breakfast is the first meal of the day that keep you energise the whole day. I know an energetic women performs household as well as physical activities much better. Just because your routine is not regular or normal doesn't mean that you should skip your breakfast. Make sure you take healthy well balanced meal in the morning including proteins, fruits, veggies, milk etc.
3. Stay hydrated-water intake makes your skin glowing. Dear mothers, we know you are the most beautiful lady for your child on this earth but you will love to hear from your child when he or she will say oh mom you are so pretty, your skin is glowing. Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water daily. This point is especially recommended for mothers who choose to breastfeed their babies because the quantity as well as quality of your milk supply totally depends on your hydration.
4. 3 nutrients that is iron, calcium and protein-giving birth to a child changes you body drastically. If you want to get recover from it, make sure that you will take enough amount of proteins, iron and calcium in your diet. Deficiency of this will make you feel tired very easily, you will irritated. You are the person in the family who will not depend on anybody even in your old age. So for proteins focus on beans, lentils, nuts, soya, these are the good source of iron as well. Dark green vegetables, cheese, yoghurt, curd,
Milk are good source of calcium.
5. Take time for yourself-being working mother is a tedious job, preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner and then taking care of kids and weekends planned for pending jobs make you stressed ultimately. So take time for yourself, do yoga, meditation or power walk in the morning.
On the other hand, homemakers are under eaten, their job is thankless, no pay, no weekend off, 24 by 7 continuous job and house is there working place. It is very imperative to take time for yourself.
You can join hobby classes like dancing, singing etc, hangout with your friends when your kids are at school or so shopping to make you feel fresh.
On this mothers day I wish you dream, enjoy, relax and lead a happy and healthy life.