Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Veena B MulgaonkarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I am 26 and trying to conceive. In follicular study doctor came to know my eggs are not growing to enough size. So prescribed me siphene for 5 days from 2nd day of cycle. Then HCG 10000 mg shot on 14 th day, continued by duphaston for 10 days. After trying the above for 2 cycles I still didn't get pregnant. Please advise me.
Sir meri wife ka fetus 1 or 2 din se movment nahi kar raha aur agar movment kar bhi raha hai to bahut kam jabki pahle uska movment bahut jayada hota tha sir immdiately advice de ki fetus kyo movment nahi kar raha hai aur kya mujhe doctor ke pass jana chahia jabki mene apni wife ka ultrasound 2/05/2016 ko kara liya tha aur doctor ne report dekhkar normal bataya tha aur report me fetus position cephalik presentation me aayi hai aur vo 7 month ki pregnant hai.
I am 25 years old. I got married before 8 months. I have taken the primolut-N tablet for 7 days in april. After stopping the period came. But I want to know when I can be pregnant? How long it will take?
I am 28 years old female. I am suffering from cold. I have this 365 days of the year and this irritates a lot. Nearly 20-30 times I sneeze a day. I have consulted the specialist too but no positive outcome has arrived. I am willing to plan a baby so is that ok to plan so with this all time cold. Will my baby get contracted to it. If not then when should I plan a baby and want to know if I am perfectly fit to conceive.
My menstruation happened on 1-Feb-17, on 20-feb I had sex, I took I pill with in 12 hours. Next day morning again I have sex. During 25-28 Feb again menstruation started. In march on 28 menstruation started. Not sure whether these are normal menstruation or bleeding. But from last two day my body is aching. My stomach seems like growing and feeling sleepy getting tired. We have done pregnancy test with preganews on april 2 It has shown negative. But feeling scary, I don't want to be pregnant. Please advice .guide me.
My girlfriend has missed her time period and 12 days has been passed and she says it happened for the first time. And she didn't had sex so she is so worried about it.
I had unprotected sex with my Gf last night . Before this I did with 1 other girl also. Does it lead to HIV ?
Doctor jab m sex krti hu to mujhe condom pasand nhi h aur jiske sath me sex krti hu vo apna saara sperm mere ander daal deta h aur mujhe unwanted 72 bhi deta h khane k liye, ap kuch mujhe thik suggestions digiye jise mujhe prblm na ho aur mujhe time pr periods bhi nhi ho rhe h kabhi 1 ya 2 months m ho jate h kabhi nhi bhi hote h ap kuch esa bataeye jise m theak se sex kr pau aour mujhe koi problm bhi na ho aour mere periods time pr ho kya periods hone ki koi teblet bhi aati h kya mujhe pta h jiske sat m sex krti hu vo to hamesha mere ander hi apna sperm dalega pr ap kuch mujhe btao please saari baato ko jo m medical store se le aau ya ghr pr hi kr saku please help me.
I am 23 years old. I am having periods irregularities from the past two months and this time my periods have been missed from 15 days. I need help to cure my problem kindly suggest me something for this.
I suffered from missed abortion. I had a d&c one week back, and 10 days before the d&c I had tried for medicinal abortion by taking misoprostol tablet as I was 10 weeks pregnant. But in ultrasound it was found that some tissues were still left and therefore d&c had to be done. Also I suffered from chickenpox during all this. Therefore I was out of my work and daily routine for about 15 days. I enjoy doing morning walks therefore I resumed my daily walks two days after the d & c procedure. And then I started walking at a fast pace as I used to do daily for 30 mins. So is it safe to go for walks?
General Precautions in Swine Flu during Pregnancy
Frequent handwashing is the single most important safety precaution that is suggested.
Flu spreads when virus from an infected person's secretions like sneezing etc spreads in the environment.Occassionaly touching an infected area and then touching your nose/ eyes or mouth may allow the live virus to enter your system. Most of the time this virus gets killed by our body's defences but at times it may survive and cause flu.
Catch it, Bin it and kill it is the magic mantra:
Catch your infected secretions in a tissue/ handkerchief and promptly kill it by putting it in the dustbin and washing your hands with soap.
Hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content are supposed to kill the virus in 60 seconds.
Keep the hard surfaces/infants toys; clean. Household cleansers should be used liberally as they can reduce the transmission rate.
Finally it is advised that in pregnancy one should avoid contact with sick people.
Use of vaccines
Till date two types of vaccines against swine flu are available.
1) Nasal spray vaccine: This cannot be taken in pregnancy.
2) Injectable vaccine: This is safe in pregnancy and it is strongly recommended that if seasonal swine flu is present then all pregnant women should take the vaccine. Please ask your doctor for more details.
WHO recommends that all pregnant women should be offered the vaccine. This will decrease their chances of contracting the disease and also protect their newborn from swine flu in the neonatal period
This vaccine does not have any serious side effects but may cause mild flu like symptoms upto 48hrs in some people but this is not flu as the vaccine does not have live virus. There may be some redness, soreness,or swelling at the injection site which disappears on its own.
Use of Drugs:
These are used only for close contacts of confirmed positive cases, like people living in the same house as the patient.
The drug (Tamiflu) is safe in pregnancy. Ask your doctor whether you should be taking it in case you are pregnant and any of your family members have been diagnosed with swine flu.
What should I do if I think I have swine flu and I'm pregnant?
You must go to your doctor immediately ;who would check you up and may want to take throat/ nose swabs for confirmation of swine flu. If she thinks you indeed have swine flu, she may start the medicines without waiting for the lab confirmation.
If swine flu is confirmed then you have to take further treatement from dedicated swine flu centers in your area.
In the mean time, stop going to your workplace and avoid unneccesary exposure to people to contain the spread of flu.
If you have a mild disease then you need to take treatment from home. You must avoid exertion and take plenty of fluids by mouth during this time.
If your symptoms are severe then you may require hospital admission to monitor you and your baby.
Can I breastfeed my baby if I have swine flu?
Yes. In fact it has been found that breastfed babies have a stronger immunity against swine flu.
If you have an active flu or you are very sick, you may express breast milk in a bottle and a healthy person can feed the baby.
You need not stop breastfeeding your baby even if you are on treatment for swine flu.
I am female 23 year old, I had sex without precautions after 2 days of my periods, I took I pill after 4 hours and one after 24 hours and yesterday again my periods came. So please tell me is any chance of pregnancy.
Suffering from PCOS. Would like to know . Allopathy, gyne treatment done, homeopathy done, no change, what else i can do to cure myself.Can marriage is very imp. For this ?
Interstitial Cystitis is also known as painful bladder syndrome. It is characterized by the inflammation of the bladder wall. It is the chronic inflammation of the bladder. The exact cause has not been identified yet, though some believe that it might be due to the defect in the bladder lining or an autoimmune disorder. Interstitial cystitis is believed to resemble a bacterial infection, but the short term antibiotics have been found to be of no or less use.
The symptoms of interstitial cystitis are:
- Frequency of urination during the day and night
- Urgency of urinating
- Pain associated with urinating or pain in the abdomen, vaginal and urethral area
Ayurvedic Treatment for Interstitial Cystitis
- Chanderprabha Vati: This is a blend of 23 natural ingredients. This herbal remedy is useful in patients who are suffering from excess urination problem. This formulation has properties, which are helpful in the urine retention and reduce the inflammation in the pelvic areas. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Chandanadhi Vati: This consist natual ingredients like Shweta chandana (Santalum album), Maricha (Piper cubeba), Gandha biroja satva (Pinus longifolia sap), Kattha (Acacia catechu), Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Rala (Vateria indica extract), Karpura (Cinnamomum camphora), Chandana taila (Sandal wood oil) and Daruharidra (Berberis aristata). The product helps to resolve interstitial cystitis by controlling urination, reduces inflammation and burning sensation. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water are taken.
- Punarnava Mandur: This is a pack of the herbal remedies and has quite satisfactory results in the patients. This balances the vata and pitta, the major dosha and causes of interstitial cystitis. Two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water is the ideal dosage.
- Varunadi Vati: This is a blend of natural products like Varun (Crataeva nurvala), Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa), Gokshur (Tribulus terrestris) and Shuddha guggulu (Comniphera mukul). The ingredients have the property to treat the symptoms of interstitial cystitis. This is helpful in urine retention and reducing inflammation. Dosage of this is two tablets twice a day with lukewarm water.
- Boswellia Curcumin: This is prepared by the extracts of Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Curcumin (Curcuma longa). This herbal product has anti-inflammatory properties and provides relief from inflammation in the pelvic area and other symptoms associated of interstitial cystitis. The dosage of this herbal product is one capsule twice a day with plain water. Also, if had after meals then it is very effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
No matter how much precaution or care you take, diseases are inevitable. With different diseases, a number of different mode of treatments are also available. Allopathy and homeopathy are the two most important and critical modes of treatment. Allopathic treatment administers the use of medicines (Antibiotics) and surgeries to treat a disease. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has a more natural and holistic approach. Be it serious or minor, homeopathic treatment is effective against all kinds of diseases. Homeopathy cannot cure a disease overnight. It tries to get to the root cause and the various factors (physical, mental and social) that influence a particular disease.
In case of allopathy or antibiotics, many diseases are dealt with at a very superficial level. The side effects of antibiotics are known to all. In some cases, the side effects can do your body more harm than the disease itself. Antibiotics often provide instant, but temporary relief.
The goodness of homeopathic treatment lies in the fact that it comes with zero or negligible side effects. Most of the homeopathic medicines are prepared from herbs. Homeopathic treatment, however, can be time consuming. A little wait for a sound health is not a bad deal at all. Almost all the homeopathic medicines are FDA approved and recognised. Thus the medicines can be taken without any doubt and hesitation. Of late, more and more people are choosing homeopathy over antibiotics. Some of the common diseases which are best treated with homeopathy are -
- Pulsatilla: Some people suffer from mood swings. They experience strong emotions and at times feel neglected and unwanted. Pulsatilla, commonly known as Windflower, helps to soothe a person immensely. The medicine is particularly helpful for women and children suffering from infections. Cough and cold can be frustrating and annoying. In some cases, the situation aggravates at night. The mucous appears to be thick, with a yellowish or greenish yellow colour. With Pulsatilla, cough and cold will be a thing of the past.
- Aconitum: Respiratory infections, ear infections, influenza, or sore throat can be quite unnerving. The associated symptoms include fever, difficulty in swallowing, a feeling of restlessness and extreme thirst. If not treated, the diseases can bring your life to a standstill. Under such circumstances, Aconitum comes as a blessing. Also known as Homeopathic Vitamin C, Aconitum is a very effective medicine against these infections.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic medicine to deal with throbbing and excruciating ear pain. Also known as the Deadly nightshade, Belladonna is highly recommended for the other common infections as well. Some females experience cramps, nausea and motion sickness during menstruation. Belladonna provides great relief.
The benefits of homeopathy are accepted worldwide. If you want a permanent relief from diseases, homeopathy is all that you need.