Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vasant ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Sir, little pain in left side of chest. What is reason. I am 24 male. Pain occur any time but when I am running or do push ups I felt better.
Is it true that hot / short tempered people are at high risk of getting and having high blood pressure? Or is it just temporary (at the moment that you are angry)? Can you explain the basis of this? What's the best advice to someone who has short temper. How to curb it?
Im 26ear old and having chest pain after doing workouts should I leave doing workouts or is it due to any other reason? I do mainly push ups sit ups crunches and other weight lifting exercises.
I am 23 year old. I am having a problem of headache. I can not able to sleep at night. Sir I am also suffering from hypertension and stressed too much while thinking of my future. I used to take disprin too much from two month. Kindly advice me what should I do.
Having blood pressure 144/94 pulse 94 Age 63, feeling numbness and sudden cold and hot feeling having acute gastric problem. Kindly advise.
Main reasons to get BP. What are the precautions to be taken. Please explain with clarity answer plz.
I always have a burning sensation in the chest. So I do not feel like eating. I just eat little but still my stomach comes out. Please help regarding this.
I am 31 years male. I have sugar: 199/297, haemoglobin- 8.1, cholesterol- 224, bilirubin total - 1.79, bun/creatinine ratio - 10, 25- hydroxy vitamin d -8.4 please suggest me medicine, diet, food, precautions, etc.
Just as a part of good habit to monitor health, I used this mobile app called cardiac diagnosis to regularly monitor heart rate. Most of the times I get a danger sign in this app for arrythemia. Are these apps real & useful? Shall I consider these serious & do any specific medical tests to see any problem? I had recently faced anaemia & extreme fatigue conditions which are now seems recovering after treatment. I also have a family history of varicose veins.
My pulse rate is 76 and my cholesterol LDL is 180 do I need to take medication or regular exercise will help me get LDL down? I do walk for 45 minutes everyday and have started with yoga too. Kindly advise.
My husband have saviour gas problem from which he has chest pain or knee pain or heal pain what should I do? He is also taking regularly homeopath medicine chelidonium.
My mother's angioplasty has been done a month back, she had enlarged heart, can she eat ghee? We don't give her oil.
Loving relationships are known to improve more than just your mood, it improve your looks and your health. Researchers believe that it might just be the best medicine for most people, as it helps keep your heart healthy, beat cancer and recover faster, boosts athletic performance and leads to spiritual and emotional growth.
Mentioned below are a few of the ways, in which love may lead to a healthy heart and life:
- Better Heart Health: Research has shown that women in healthy and loving marriages are less prone to contracting cardiovascular diseases, in contrary to those in stressful marriages. It has also been discovered that love reduces the likelihood of chest pains and suffering from angina despite having high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes in men.
- Lengthens Your Life: The National Longitudinal Mortality Study studied a million subjects and concluded that couples in a loving marriage tend to live longer and have lowered risk of getting heart attacks, pneumonia, cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Their chances of committing suicide are also reduced by almost half.
- Faster Cancer Recovery: After extensive research, University of Iowa proved that patients of ovarian cancer, who were in loving relationships, had stronger WBCs i.e. White Blood Cells that kill cancerous cells, as compared to those in unhealthy relationships. They also concluded that patients in love recover quickly or completely eliminate cancer.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Studies show that when couples are together, their blood pressure is significantly lowered. This research even proved that spending time with loving and supportive friends results in lower systolic numbers.
- Keeps You Slim: Being in love is a much healthier and better option than juice cleanse, when it comes to losing that extra weight. People in loving relationships produce more adrenaline i.e. an appetite suppressant and are more likely to hit the gym and make healthier lifestyle choices to look their best. Apart from that, sex is one of the best ways to lose calories and reduce your weight.
I am 34 year old and my Triglycerides count is 200 and VLDL count is 40. Is there any risk and how I lower this.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I couch hard. Can you suggest what I should be done?
6 Things that make you prone to heart diseases the most
Every year almost 2 lakh people opt for heart surgeries in India; and as of 2015 there were about 30 million people in the country suffered from heart diseases. There are several factors that increase the threat of heart diseases, among which some can be controlled and some can't. On one hand, where factors like being a man, old age, being a woman in the post-menopausal phase of life, and a family history of heart diseases are beyond your control; other risks can be minimized by making some lifestyle changes.
Although natural processes like ageing, which narrow down your arteries and weaken the heart muscles increase the risk of heart diseases here are 7 factors, which dramatically increase your chances of getting heart diseases, while you are still young.
1. Genetic Factors:
If someone in your family is already suffering or has suffered from a heart disease, especially at a young age, it increases your probability of getting a cardiovascular disease.
2. High Levels of Cholesterol in the Blood:
Chances of formation of plaque on the inner walls of the arteries increase with increasing levels of bad (LDL) cholesterol in the blood. This may be a major cause of the heart disease, atherosclerosis, which happens due to accumulation of fatty substances inside the arteries.
Smoking causes constriction of your blood vessels and may damage their inner lining due to the effect of nicotine on them. This can put you at high risk of developing atherosclerosis. Moreover, studies suggest that people who smoke are twice as prone to heart attacks in comparison to non-smokers.
If your blood pressure level is usually above normal, it can give rise to thickened arteries, which, in turn, can reduce the passage for the flow of blood through the vessels. This damages your heart health to a large extent and makes you prone to heart diseases.
Uncontrolled diabetes increases your chances of getting a heart attack, especially because diabetes almost goes hand in hand with diabetes and obesity, which are risk factors of heart diseases.
If you fail to keep your levels of stress and anger in check, they may have a damaging effect on your arteries. This can make way for strokes and heart attacks in the future.