Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vasant AjgaokarYour feedback matters!
I am 31 years old male and witnessing mild pain whenever I seat and stand for long. Often feel pain in neck and head also. Another problem is whenever I woke up and stand for long feel pain in right foot but after walking for 5 mins it got normal.
Symptoms of my giddiness are like whenever I turn or move my head right left front or backward immediately I feel like everything is moving particularly while lying on the bed or moving either side. At first time headache was there but now neck pain will be there sometimes. After a gap of 10 or 15 days it affects me like that. It started from past two months.
From last week I am facing back pain specifically near shoulder and during day time. What could be the reason?
I have lot of back pain when I ride bike. I am software engineer so my job is only sitting ahead laptop. Can someone help please?
I have been suffering from lower back pain since 6 months and with the lower back pain I even feel pain in my legs. And with this sometimes when I urge for the sexual feelings with the erection in my pennies I feel pain in my legs Suggest me what should I do.
I am 42 years old I'm suffering from severe back ache since from 3 months, pl. Tell me what can I do for that.
I am suffering from headache and left neck pain when I was little tired from last 7 years And increase when flashes of light.
Hey doctor in my case I can not stretch my leg whenever I stretch its pain very bad, so what do I do? Should I go for rehabilitation to recover OR should I go for surgery? What do I do?
I am 18 years old playing cricket from 5 year and now I am having back pain problem. What should I do please give some suggestion.
Pain at the back of the neck, difficulty in turning the neck. Also pain in right collar. Which disease it could be and what should I do to relieve the pain?
I am 19 yrs old I have backache problem what should I do I have taken the xray in that the result shows that I have a gape in the back bone.
How long does it take for the condition of frozen shoulder to subside? Is surgery advisable in case of delayed recovery? Physiotherapy has been of no use till now!
Lower back pain can be one of the most physically debilitating things that can affect you and limit your mobility. Even if the pain isn’t that acute, it could still signal something deteriorating in your lower back. While oral medications, topical creams or sprays can help in reducing pain, there are other effective remedies you can try on your own. These will be handy when you have no medications at hand. One of these is the hot and cold therapy.
Heat therapy for lower back pain
Heat works well with lower back pain as it can dilate blood vessels and improve circulation within the tissue. This will help in circulation and also result in lowering the pain. Heat therapy will also loosen up other muscles in the area and help soothe sore areas which have been taking the burden along with the lower back muscles. Some of the techniques that can be applied are:
1. All day heat wraps: These are specially manufactured belts or wraps which wrap around your abdomen and keep tightness and pressure on your lower back as well as supplying heat.
2. Electric heating pads: These are mechanized heating pads which generate heat with electricity. You can place them under you back and then either sit or sleep with it positioned behind you. However, ensure that you don’t keep these for too long as they could burn your skin.
3. Hot Compress with towels or hot water bags: Use a clean towel and heat it over a conductive surface and apply it on your lower back. You can also use hot water bags for the same purpose.
Cold therapy for lower back pain
Cold therapy uses the principle of constriction of blood vessels as well as slowing circulation. This will help numb the area and thus help relieve the pain. Some of the ways these can be administered are mentioned below.
1. Ice towel: In this method, soak a towel in ice cold water, wring it to dry it and then apply on your lower back. This will numb the pain without transferring the sting of the cold or damaging your skin.
2. Ice packs: Put about half a kg of ice in a plastic Ziploc bag and pour water over the ice to just about cover it. Push out the air out of the bag and then lock it. Use this ice pack with a towel to ensure that you back doesn't get wet.
3. Ice gel packs: These are ready made packs, which can be bought from medical stores and kept frozen to be used whenever you need it in order to relieve lower back pain.