Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Vasant AjgaokarYour feedback matters!
My leg has a problem that rheumatism over 2 years. I did not consult a doctor. What medicine I have to apply.
Having joint pain in hips shoulder hands finger and toes. Esr is normal. Blood test seems fine except monocyte count. Monocyte count shows 00. Facing more pain while sitting after doing something or else after waking up from bed in morning. May I know what might be reason of this.
I am 25 year old and I have a problem is that whenever I walk then my bones make noise of just like cracking. Please let me know is it good or bad signal for health?
I want to know for my mother, age 55 and having the osteoarthritis. Many docctors suggest for the operation to overcome this problem but she is not prepared for that. Is physiotherapy can help for the osteoarthritis patient?
Dear doctor. I don't know whether I am having the diabetic or not. But I am feeling foot burns on both foots. Kindly let me know what have to do? My habits less rest. And no proper digestion happening.
I am gng to gym frm 2 months BT I am suffering from shoulder pain so can you SAE me. Wt shld I do I even get rarely chest pain. Too smtymes. So please recommend me wt shld I do.
I have pain in my upper neck since last 4 months, It make me unconscious when I move my neck left and right. Please help me. Age 21.
Hello What is treatment of gluten imbalance. Is there any treatment of gluten imbalance. I am 16 year old. My left hip is bigger than right.
I have spondylitis on my lower back for 10 years, I do exercise, now suddenly I have developed heel pain on left leg, I apply ice pack, I have started wearing flat heel shoes. How to get rid of this problem?
Are you aware of a disease called osteoarthritis that is more likely to develop in case you are aging? Osteoarthritis is a disease, which affects the joints of your body. It occurs when the cartilages that protect and cushion your bones break down, causing swelling and pain, and may make you immobile. The chances of developing osteoarthritis increase with age as your cartilages start breaking down. Women who are beyond menopause are at a higher risk of getting this disease as they do not produce estrogen, which is essential for bone growth. There are several precautions you should follow for the prevention of osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. They are as follows:
- Manage your occupational risks
- Certain jobs involve repetitive motions, which cause stress on your joints.
- If your job or occupation involves a lot of lifting, twisting, kneeling, and walking, you should consult a doctor.
- It is important for you to undertake exercises of low impact, which is very crucial for improving joint health, even if you are aging.
- You should choose activities that involve strength training along with stretching and aerobic exercise.
- Regular exercise helps in the slowing down or prevention of osteoarthritis. It helps you in maintaining healthy joints, reducing fatigue and pain, increasing your bone and muscle strength, and relieves stiffness.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight
- Excess weight is a primary risk factor for osteoarthritis, especially if you are aged. It cxauses extra stress on your joints that boosts the deterioration of your joint cartilage.
- If you are obese and overweight, your chances of developing osteoarthritis are more. Hence, you should lose extra weight for improving the symptoms.
- Although exercise is important for keeping your joints and muscles healthy, you should avoid overdoing them.
- Have a balanced lifestyle, and when your joints become achy or swollen, give them a break.
- Abstain from using your swollen joint for at least 12 to 24 hours after experiencing them. Letting your injured joint rest helps in reducing your risk of osteoarthritis.
- Fatigue increases pain in osteoarthritis patients, and hence you must sleep properly.
- Control your blood sugar
- Diabetes is considered to be an important risk factor for osteoarthritis in aged individuals.
- High glucose levels may boost the formation of molecules that make your cartilage stiff.
- Diabetes also triggers inflammation, and promotes cartilage loss.
- It is important for you to keep your diabetes and blood sugar levels under control for preventing osteoarthritis.
In spite of no specific cure for osteoarthritis, there are several ways of preventing and managing its symptoms. It is very important for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, and also to try and keep away from becoming obese.