Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I am a 43 yr old lady and want an advise whether I can have baby or not as am getting married. I have fibroids in my uterus and have heavy bleeding during my periods.
The condition of uterine prolapse takes place when the floor muscles (and sometimes, ligaments) of the pelvis region gets stretched overly and then gradually weakens, thus becoming unable to provide adequate support to the uterus. This often leads to the protrusion or the slipping down of the uterus out of the vaginal opening. Though it can affect women of any age, it usually happens to women after menopause, especially those who have already had deliveries out of the vagina.
The weakening of the muscles in the pelvic region is the chief cause that leads to uterine prolapse. Other causes include:
- Natural estrogen loss, especially after menopause
- Gravity effects
- Supportive tissues of pregnancy and childbirth being damaged
- Constant straining over time
- Excessive smoking
- Improper weight - obesity or being overweight
There are a number of varieties of uterine prolapse, of varying severity. In case of moderate to severe uterine prolapse, the symptoms tend to be more pronounced and include a number of prominent symptoms.
- Protruding tissue from the vagina
- Problems in bowel regulation
- Increased lower back pains
- Increased urinary problems, such as leakage or increased retention
- Looseness in the vagina, which may affect your sex life
Usually, these are symptoms which become pronounced in the morning and eventually worsens through the course of the day.
The major risk factors that may increase the risk of being afflicted by uterine prolapse are:
- Multiple pregnancies
- Increasing age
- Past problems relating to the pelvis - including surgeries or accidents
- General weakness in tissues
- Frequently lifting heavy weights
Additionally, there are a number of conditions, such as chronic constipation, obesity or other pulmonary diseases, that may apply excess strain on tissues and muscles of the pelvic region, that accentuates your chances of being afflicted by uterine prolapse.
I tested my pregnancy with prega news 2 times. One after 4 days of intercourse and another after 10 days of my period date in the very morning. Both were negative. But it passed a month now I did not get my period. Can the result be false?
When I test my pregnancy it's positive but after some days monthly period starts coming. So I am confuse and it's happening since 2014. I don't know what might be wrong in my wombs. So can you please help me out with best suggestions.
I have gone through laparoscopic surgery right fallopian tube has been removed. 2 years back now m trying to get pregnant and my period cycle is quite regular so just want to know how much it will take to get pregnant.
I am 25 years old female and I have skin tags in anus also I am 9 month of pregnancy .this skin tag is increasing during my pregnancy. Is that affect to giving virginal birth or not.
I have pain in my right breast after period it's little nd 10/12 days before of period feeling pain little much. Whats the reason behind this pain is it normal?
Hello My Wife is pregnant his periods falls on 20 August but she missed and when yesterday we check it shows that she is pregnant but she has pain like (ainthan or akdan) in his stomach and also backpain is it normal during pregnancy or doctor prescribed aciloc 150, Basiton forte with biotin, Staltase, emi doxyn, to her is it safe medicine kindly advise please.
I and my girlfriend found of anal sex. But we are afraid to do. We are afraid from pain What we do to enjoy anal sex?
PCOD is a very common condition seen in women these days. Women with PCOD are more prone to developing serious health conditions. There are several causes that lead to this condition, one of the primes of them being the diet we choose and our lifestyle. Given below are some important Do’s and Don’ts to follow, for women with PCOD and for all those who would like to prevent this condition. A little extra care if taken in effectively managing our diet and lifestyle could go a long way in preventing PCOD.
- Wheat products (wheat bread, wheat pasta)
- Natural diuretic fruits
- Raw fruits (especially apple, pear etc.) and vegetables
- Oats, Corn, Butter, eggs, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin, beans, cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, eggplant, lettuce, mushroom, onions, peppers, spinach, vegetable oil, soya beans, apricots, blueberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, honeydew, lemon, tomato juice, kiwi fruit, pineapple, plum, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon, mango, cheese, radishes, olive oil, nuts, salmon fish, flaxseeds
- Protein rich foods
- High fiber rich food and Vit B rich food
- Opt for lean meat. Avoid chicken though, as they may be injected with male hormone to increase the muscle bulk, which would trigger PCOD
- Move to Soy products instead of milk, as milk has the tendency to increase the testosterone levels
- Include 1-2 litres of water in your diet, which avoids water retention
- Divide meals into small healthy 5-6 meals per day, instead of 3 heavy meals and never miss breakfast
- Sit –ups, push –ups
- Skipping helps you to lessen binge eating, the release of serotonin and dopamine will keep your stress levels low.
- Stress free methods such as Yoga, meditation, listening to music etc.
- All whites (Maida, white bread, pasta, etc.)
- Junk or fast foods, cakes, cookies, sweets, chocolates, soft drinks and soda, desserts etc.
- Avoid red meat, whole milk dairy, fried food, margarines
- Reduce Sodium intake, by avoiding sauces, chips, salted nuts, canned soups
- Quit smoking –as it stimulates Androgen
- Avoid alcohol
Scope of Homoeopathy in PCOD:
Homeopathic approach towards management of PCOD is constitutional, taking into account the presenting complaints along with physical, mental and genetic make-up that individualizes a person. It involves prescribing “Constitutional Medicine”, which is also capable for working on the Ovaries and the entire Endocrine system. The treatment logic varies depending on the presence of any genetic predisposition, physical makeup (obesity), peculiarities of your menstrual, etc. In Homoeopathy, medicines are given to induce ovulation in a natural way, which would improve and regularize your menstrual cycle and also helps in the prevention or minimization of cyst formation.
I am 5months pregnant. L am always scared while doing sex. Can sex be done during pregnancy or. Is it safe or not. Does it cause any harm to the baby. Is there any precaution in the posture while doing sex. Please suggest. No.
Sir my grlfrnd is 21 years old and continue getting weight, and she have also a problem that she never get timely period and also have little bit pimple always occured in her face. Plz help
I am 20 years female I have sex problem of one years. At sex time I can't more enjoy please resole l.
The first thought that comes to your mind when you see a chocolate pastry or a strawberry cheesecake is an immediate urge to eat it. However, these foods are filled with excessive calories and unhealthy fats that do not contribute positively to your health in any manner whatsoever. Basically, you need to control those taste buds in order to remain healthy.
Here are 5 common foods that may be enjoyable but are surprisingly bad for you:
- Chocolate cookie: A chocolate cookie is something that you would love to eat anytime. These cookies are delicious to eat and thus, very difficult to stay away from. They contain calories in large amounts which are mainly from simple carbohydrates. They tend to raise your blood sugar immediately, thus leading to fat accumulation.
- Ice cream: Ice cream is a type of food that is high in calorie content and fat. Most of the calories are from simple sugar and saturated fat that raise your risk of heart disease. Ice cream is also known to add to your kilos in no time at all.
- Biryani: Biryani is a commonly consumed dish because of its flavor and taste. It is made up of rice, spices and hydrogenated vegetable fats, thus making it very high in terms of calories. It also contains unhealthy fats that raise your bad cholesterol levels and up your risk of heart diseases due to plaque buildup in your arteries. You should not consume it if you have a stomach ulcer as it may aggravate the condition.
- Coffee: Coffee contains caffeine which, if consumed in large amounts, can be toxic for your body. Too much coffee might also mess up your sleep cycle and may result in insomnia. Too much of coffee is also proven to raise your bad cholesterol levels.
- Tea: Consumption of tea increases your chances of stomach ulcers and liver complications. One of the constituents of tea, tannic acid, ups the risk of anemia. It is recommended not to drink tea immediately after a meal.