Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varshini VaryaniYour feedback matters!
I have burning sensation after urination or whenever I take less water. What is the reason behind it ?
Hi I am 23 years female with poly ovarian cyst n irregular periods. Trying for pregnancy past 2 years but no result. Its very stressful. N my husband is healthy. Can anyone suggest me any Home remedy or any Ayurveda medicine. Pls suggested thank you in advance.
25 yr old lady p1 l1developed DVT while on low dose OCpills to regularise cycles&for contraception.She is a case of PCOD , conceived first child with CC.She is on ecospirin150mg od now.She has continuous bleeding now since one month after 3 month amenorreoa.Her cyccles before 1st childbirth were also like this.She also 1 iud with severe PIH in 1st pregnancy.She could be acase of APLAB syn.Suggest investigation& drugs/methods to control bleed&also for contraception
I have multiple fibroids having regular periods4 to5 days ldont want to remove my uterus now please name sime home pathy treatment.
According to many fitness experts, swimming can be an effective and rigorous fitness workout for people of all age, and everyone should try to hit the pool every day. While this is a regular regime for some, many are into a misconception that swimming is like child’s play. There are also those who think that swimming is not an effective form of weight loss. But the reality is that swimming is one of the best cardio exercises, and you must include it in your regular fitness regime.
And, in case you are running out of reasons to indulge in swimming, here are a few important points to convince you.
- Swimming is good for heart health: Swimming is known to provide an unparalleled conditioning of cardiovascular health if you can practice it with an untainted consistency. Even though other kinds of exercise such as running or cycling can be more effective to boost the levels of metabolism, you should include swimming in cross-training routine. Pushing yourself to swim regularly will improve the overall fitness.
- Helps in balancing the structure of muscles: Swimming aids in building longer and leaner muscles which complement the denser muscles produced from weight training. These newly formed muscles also aid in speeding up the metabolism process for keeping the calorie for burning longer.
- Swimming is an excellent form of cross-training: Swimming helps in improving the cardiovascular capacity and increase muscle strength. But the reason why swimming is famous among fitness enthusiasts is that swimming offers the much-needed break from the high impact workouts such as weight-lifting, running and basketball. It allows athletes a respite from the regular intensive routine and helps the body to heal properly without compromising the daily fitness sessions.
- Swimming helps in improving the overall flexibility of the muscles: Hitting the pool gradually relaxes the major muscle groups in the body and increase flexibility along with stretching it. If you indulge in lactic acid building workouts such as weight-lifting, cycling and running, swimming for half an hour assists in flushing out the toxins and spare the muscles from becoming tight and sore the following day.
- Assists in strengthening the core: One of the most prominent reasons why you should hit the pool regularly is that it helps in improving the core body strength. This is due to utilisation of the major muscle groups at the same time. Even though about 70 percent of the body’s effort rises from the upper portion, moves such as fin and kickboard can offer an excellent lower body workout.
To sum up, these benefits are definite to compel anyone to consider swimming on a regular basis and improve the quality of life without hurting the muscles. And in no time, you would start enjoying it too!" If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.
I had a sex a month ago and after there days of sex I had my periods bt now a month hone I periods have not come so is tere a chance of pregnancy?
Hi, I just recently got married. Me and my wife were trying to make love, however I was not able to penetrate my wife because of the pain she is facing. At one time the neighbors of my hotel room came to check out if everything was okay. She does not have any lubrication and the pain seems to be unbearable. Due to this our sexual life is taking a hit. Is this normal and can you suggest something?
Hi sir my wife is taking krimson 35 tablet to prevent pregnancy since from two years is there any side effects of medicine taking regularly is there any natural way to prevent pregnancy.
My wife is 30 years old & I am 32 years married form last 5 years but we don't have a baby. She had a regular periods,& well maintain then why we have a problem to get baby.
I am 26 years old but i am having heavy back pain and over bleeding problem because of fibroid problem.
Many women worry a lot about breast cancer, when, in fact, heart disease is the number-one killer of women. Find out if you're at risk.
In one study, participants who had heightened activity in a region of the brain associated with a positive attitude produced greater amounts of flu antibodies. Another study showed that people with sunny dispositions churned out more antibodies in response to vaccinations. Researchers aren't clear on the connection, but they do know "the brain communicates with the immune system, and vice versa," says Anna L. Marsland, PhD, the director of the Behavioral Immunology Laboratory at the University of Pittsburgh.
Up your calcium:
Many people don't get enough calcium—which helps prevent osteoporosis—through diet alone. Women ages 19 to 50 should get 1,000 milligrams or eat three to four servings of foods high in the mineral (taken with vitamin D for absorption) daily.
Boost your mood with exercise:
Exercise has a host of health benefits and can lower your risk of heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and other conditions. But the best news is that it can improve your mood. One study found that for depressed people, exercise was as effective as antidepressant medication.
Having a good network of friends and family is associated with greater longevity, and loneliness is associated with a greater risk of heart disease. Do Facebook friends count? We like to think so.
Reality-check your sex life:
Could you be a sex addict? If your sexual habits are out of control—wrecking relationships and disrupting your life in general—you could have a problem.
Get a massage:
For the past three years, Mindy Hardwick, 38, of Lake Stevens, Wash., has dodged all the major bugs while volunteering at schools and a juvenile-detention center. Her secret weapon: a monthly massage.
Have some fun in the sun:
Just 15 to 20 minutes of sunlight exposure each day (sans sunscreen) can supply your daily need for vitamin D. Getting a sufficient amount of vitamin D may ward off diabetes, heart attacks, heart failure, high blood pressure, heart disease, and maybe even the common cold. But don't overdo it—too much sun exposure can increase your risk of skin cancer.
See your dentist
Dental health is about more than just pretty teeth. In particular, gum disease is linked to a greater risk of heart disease and diabetes. So make that appointment!
I am 24 years old and I will be taking the misoprostol pills for abortion tomorrow. My doctor did not prescribe any pain killers for the pain and I was completely unaware that the pain can be similar to labour pain. Request to suggest the suitable painkillers that can be taken without hampering the process of abortion. Also, kindly let me know if I can smoke after taking the pills. I know its bad for health and avoiding is best but does smoking hamper the process of successful abortion ?
Remedies or medicines to overcome irregular periods? Any medicines or remedies that would periods for 16 years old girl to get periods regularly every month?
My friend had protected sex with her bf but unfortunately his condom got tore, now she is worried. This is her first time it ever happened, what is the the best time for her to take an i-pill, and how many tables does she need to consume to stop unwanted pregnancy? Is taking 1 single I-pill enough? P.S. This is her first time of taking such pill. Please advice.
A surgical procedure, in which a woman's uterus is removed is referred to as a hysterectomy. The need for this operation can arise due to various reasons, which include:
- Development of uterine fibroids that are painful and accompanied by bleeding and other associated symptoms
- Uterine prolapse, which is characterised by a shifting of the position of the uterus, wherein it enters the vaginal canal
- Ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or endometrial cancer
- Vaginal bleeding that cannot be characterised as normal
- Development of a condition, in which the uterus thickens and is known as adenomyosis
- Chronic pain in the pelvic region
In Ayurveda, the uterus is associated with the Pitta dosha (fire element), and is considered to be a storehouse of metabolic fire. In fact, this is the reason why after a hysterectomy is performed, a woman generally loses the zest for life along with her creativity and feels demotivated, depressed, sentimental or lethargic. But Ayurveda can help in regaining your vitality post hysterectomy. Here's how:
The role of Ayurveda in hysterectomy:
In Ayurveda, the greatest healer of hysterectomy is the herb Shatavari (asparagus racemosus). This herb is known to balance out the Pitta Dosha, which is associated with the uterus. Not only that, this herb, whose name roughly means "a woman who has a 100 husbands," is extremely vital in reducing stress and in increasing Ojas (or vitality). It also helps in building stamina and increasing strength post surgery, while helping in maintaining a normal hormonal balance. A woman will also experience an increase in her Sattva (or positivity) with the help of this herb.
However, just after surgery, a woman is advised to have arjuna and turmeric as they are enriched with healing properties. A combination of other herbs along with Shatavari can help in calming the mind and keep fluctuating emotions in check. These other herbs include saffron, aloe vera, calamus, gotu kola, bhringraj, and brahmi rasayana or jatamansi. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.