Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha PaiYour feedback matters!
Before 1 week of menstruation period. She is having pain in lower abdomen and also in the butter. What is the problem. What is the solution.
Hi Dr. I am 22 year and I am getting severe stomach pain during my periods from few years. From past 6 months along with stomach pain am getting back pain also. I took treatment from English medicine and Ayurveda but no use. Please suggest something home remedy or exercise or.
What medicine or tablet is good in mensuration period? And how much time to take? in mensuration pain.
We have married one year ago After continue sex We could not conceive a child My semen analysis and my wife's examination are okay What we do?
Stress, overexertion and going too long without eating can all bring on the symptoms of gilbert’s syndrome. This condition is a common inherited illness that affects how the liver processes bilirubin -- a yellowish pigment made in the liver and a component of bile -- and causes yellowing of the skin and eyes. Other than the resulting change in skin color, gilbert's syndrome is relatively benign. While there is no special diet needed for the treatment of gilbert's syndrome, it's important that you eat regularly and include a healthy mix of nutrient-rich foods from all the food groups to keep your liver well.
Importance of regular meals
Fasting, which is when you go without food for a long period of time, may trigger the symptoms associated with gilbert's syndrome. A healthy meal plan that includes regularly scheduled meals and snacks may help prevent the jaundice. A regular eating plan usually includes three meals plus two to three snacks daily. Eating regularly not only helps control the symptoms associated with gilbert's syndrome but also helps keep energy levels up and aids in hunger control.
Foods from all the food group
One of the largest organs in your body, the liver is responsible for converting the nutrients from the food you eat into substances it can use, cleaning the blood of toxic waste and storing energy. It's important that you keep your liver in top working order for your health. Gilbert's syndrome does not lead to liver disease, but eating a healthy and balanced diet can help keep your liver healthy and prevent ill effects. A good diet for a healthy liver includes a variety of nutrient-rich foods from all the food groups, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean sources of protein such as poultry, seafood and tofu, low-fat dairy and healthy fats such as olive oil and avocados.
Get your fiber
Include plenty of fiber-rich foods in your diet to keep your liver healthy. Good food sources of fiber include fruits, vegetables, whole grains and beans. Getting more fiber in your diet is not only good for your liver but for your heart and digestive system as well. Men need 30 to 38 grams of fiber a day and women 21 to 25 grams a day. When increasing the fiber in your diet, do so slowly to prevent gas.
Dehydration, which is when your body does not have enough water to carry on its normal functions, may also trigger gilbert's syndrome. How much you need to drink to stay hydrated varies and depends on climate, exercise and diet. Clemson university cooperative extension says, in general, you need 1 quart of water per day for every 50 pounds of body weight. In addition to water, you can meet your fluid needs by drinking 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice, unsweetened decaf tea, fat-free milk or fortified soy milk. Making sure you get enough to drink is also important.
Hlo doctor. My period are not come regularly. Meaning my periods is come in year 3-4 times only what should I do.
Morning walks don't let you easily fall into the hands of diabetes. It reduces the risk of increasing your body's sugar level to a great extent. A diabetic patient is advised to go for brisk morning walks as this control the blood sugar in their body. It is also said that if the patient keeps up the habit of going for a morning walk regularly from the initial stages, the blood sugar of the individual may come down to normal.
Your blood circulation becomes absolutely perfect if you prefer going for a brisk morning walk. This, in turn, reduces the risk of many diseases which may be the cause of the lack of physical activities.
The loss in one's weight is what every individual urge and desire for. It becomes much more applicative in case of food lovers, also termed as 'Foodies.' It becomes a heavy task for them as it is heartbreaking for them to leave the delicious food in front of them and most of them do not really bother about walks. But, this seems to be a bad idea. It is advisable to take the pain of a morning walk and redeem the gain of healthy life. Morning walks are proved to be great accelerators in reducing your weight.
Reduces risk of heart diseases:
Morning walks are like heart cures. when you make it a habit to move out in the morning for the sake of your health you reduce the risk of heart diseases manifold. It is also because of a larger amount of intake of oxygen which resultantly purifies the blood, decreasing the risk of diseases. Morning walks have also be proven healthy for the heart as it burns down extra and undesirable fats of the body which in turns maintains the cholesterol level in the body. This process reduces the risk of heart diseases to a great extent.
I am 32 years old. My baby 7 years old. Before 2 month I decided abortion. After abortion my period continue but don't stop. Suddenly I am change the doctor and start the new medicine. Now I am very depressed. Kindly send your suggestion.
I use meprate 10 mg medicine thrice a day for 5 day I didn't get my periods. My periods always irregular. Please help me!
• Allium sulphur compounds: Leeks, onions, garlic
• Anthocyanins: Eggplant, grapes, berries
• Beta carotene: Pumpkin, mangoes, apricots, carrots, spinach, parsley
• Catechins: Red wine, tea
• Copper: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts, legumes
• Cryptoxanthins: Red peppers, pumpkin, mangoes
• Flavonoids: Tea, green tea, red wine, citrus fruits, onion, apples
• Indoles: Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower
• Lignans: Sesame seeds, bran, whole grains, vegetables
• Lutein: Corn, leafy greens (such as spinach)
• Lycopene: Tomatoes, pink grapefruit, watermelon
• Manganese: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
• Polyphenols: Thyme, oregano
• Selenium: Seafood, offal, lean meat, whole grains
• Vitamin C: Oranges, berries, kiwi fruit, mangoes, broccoli, spinach, peppers
• Vitamin E: Vegetable oils, nuts, avocados, seeds, whole grains
• Zinc: Seafood, lean meat, milk, nuts
I am married from past 11 years taking infertility treatment my wife 9 years back due to tubinal pregnancy left side tube removed after that still not conceived three times Iui and one time laparoscopy did my semen analyzes. its okay as told by doctor my wife diagnosed pcod taking Cystop and overflow for past 10 months still not conceived my age 39 wife's age 32 may we go for IVF how cost it is we both are in close relation if it affects anything. please advise?
Hi, I am 22 Weeks pregnant and I came to know my TSH recently as: TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3) C.L.I.A ng/dl 60-200 125 TOTAL THYROXINE (T4) C.L.I.A µg/dl 4.5-12 9.3 THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE (TSH) C.L.I.A µIU/ml 0.3-5.5 Have not taken any medications yet and wanted to know if this would have had any affect on baby.
I am 21 years old unmarried girl I have problem with my periods, irregular sometimes n absent sometime I have this problem from january and only wen I take tabs I get periods that too bleeding is quite different from normal times and I have little pain in my stomach and back sometimes and I have a blotted stomach from april are these signs of colon or any other type of cancer? am really worried please repl asap. Thank you in advance.
I am looking for less side effect tablets for unwanted pregnancies as we are boring using condoms. Or any other best way to avoid using condoms Pls advice me. I am 40 years and my wife is 35 yrs. We have 2 kids already.
I am 24 I had last period on dated 18.2. 16 and on dated 04.03. 16 had sex use protection but still I had not get period pls advice.
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.