Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varsha Pai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha PaiYour feedback matters!
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
If intercourse is done during unsafe days but protected intercourse are there chances of preg nd wat are the ways to avoid it cn pill be taken in case if sex is done during unsafe days but it is protected.
During period tym my wife has very sincere pain in leg, stomach and waist. please tell me that what I can do for my wife?
Celebrated on the first Sunday after the full moon, post the spring equinox, Easter is a great time to catch up with friends and family over a delightful meal which is incomplete without culinary delights and desserts. From sweet breads, pastries, cookies, and cakes, to meat and eggs, these are some of the food items that grace the Easter tables. This is often a problem for people trying to watch their weight as it is practically impossible to control your appetite.
So, if you are confused about whether or not you should relish this amazing food, here is a tip - stick to healthy recipes and practice a little bit of self-control and you have it all covered.
Here are some simple and healthy recipe ideas for your Easter meal:
#Recipe1: Chocolate mousse eggs
- Dark chocolate - 50 g dark chocolate (melted)
- Chocolate mousse (diet) – 165 grams
- Honeycomb chocolate bar - ½ bar (chopped)
- To make the shells, take Easter egg mould and place a spoonful of melted dark chocolate into each side, spread the chocolate with the help of a brush to make a thin coating inside the mould. Refrigerate until set hard.
- Whip the mousse until smooth. Carefully transfer the chocolate shells onto a tray. Pour one spoon of mousse in every shell. Sprinkle the chopped honeycomb bar.
This is a nice way to incorporate sweets into the Easter meal as it is not packed with a lot of calories and can be munched on without any guilt.
#Recipe2: Hot Cross Buns
- Instant dry yeast – 2tsp
- Caster sugar – 2 ¼ cup
- Skim milk – ½ cup (warm)
- Egg (whisked) - 1
- Plain flour- 3cups
- Mixed spice – 1tsp
- Oil spread (reduced fat) - 50 gms
- Sultanas – ½ cup
- Currants – ¼ cup
- Reduced-sugar jam – 2tsp
- Plain flour – ¼ cup
- Oil spray
- Add the yeast, sugar, milk and ⅓ cup warm water in a bowl. Mix well. Keep in a warm place for 5 minutes.
- Add the whisked egg and mix well.
- In a bowl, add mixed spice and flour. Using your hand, mix well until it begins to look like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sultanas and currants. Now make a well in the centre, pour in the yeast mixture in the well. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Knead the flour mixture for at least 5-7 minutes or until it becomes elastic. Place it in a bowl and set aside until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Lightly coat the cake tin with oil spray. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll these portions into balls. Arrange them in the oil-sprayed cake tin. Set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- To make the flour paste, add flour and sugar in a small bowl, mix well. Add 2 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste. Place in a snap-lock bag.
- Pipe crosses onto the dough balls. Place them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 180°C and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Transfer the buns to a tray and let them cool for a bit. Lightly brush the buns with the reduced jam and serve.
The buns are enough to serve 12 people and contain less amount of calories. It is the best bread option for weight watchers.
#Recipe3: Weight watchers Deviled Eggs
- Hard-boiled eggs – 6
- Non-fat Greek yoghurt – 1/3 cup
- Sriracha Sauce - 1/4 tsp
- Scallions – 2 (chopped)
- Fat-free Cheddar Cheese – 2tbsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Pepper – As per taste
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into halves. Transfer the yolks with the help of a spoon into a bowl. Add in the Greek yoghurt, sriracha sauce and scallions. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a piping bag.
- With the piping bag, fill the empty eggs with the yolk and yoghurt mixture. Garnish with grated cheddar cheese and scallions.
Easter Sunday is knocking the door, have you prepared already? To celebrate this important feast at the lively new spring means a lot for people. It's time forget those annoying troubles and open a new chapter of life to see the energetic world. Paint eggs to enjoy the happiness. Just lay down the burden to have a rest and enjoy these fresh, spring tastes on the Easter dinner table!