Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha N Pai DhungatYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, I have two children. Recently for my wife family planning operation also completed (3 months). Now can I participate with my wife in sex or not.
Actually I didn't had sex and I took unwanted72 and my period didn't occur after 3_5 days and my regular periods are also not happening and my dates are around 21 _22 feb. I am worried please help me.
I'm 25 years old woman I'm suffering from pcos but tsh, lh, prolactin levels r normal we r planning for 2nd child pls give suggestion.
My periods are irregular and after consult with Dr. I am taking krimpson 35. please suggest what to do to get regular periods?
Period ke baad kya karu ki pregnancy jaldi ho jae. Kya iski koi medicin ati h jisse ovulation time pe ho.
How many months can we give breastfeeding to babies. My baby is 9 months old and I am planning to stop breastfeeding to her because people say longer you give breastfeeding you get back pain because I have gone through cesarean delivery. Is it true.?
Dark Chocolate: Stress Buster and other Health benefits
Who doesn't love chocolate? It is one of the most popular guilty pleasures that people like to indulge in. But science has proven that you need not feel guilty while snacking on chocolates because it is actually quite healthy. Not just any kind of chocolate, dark chocolate has plenty of health benefits according to studies. Read on to find out how dark chocolate can improve your life.
- Acts as a stress reliever - In today's busy lifestyle, stress is your constant companion. It is important to keep your stress level under control, as it can lead to anxiety and other damaging conditions. Eating dark chocolate every day has proven to relieve stress to a great extent by lowering your stress hormone cortisol. So, look no further for your stress remedy, than your refrigerator.
- Loaded with antioxidants - There are free radicals everywhere that can cause diseases; antioxidants are such compounds that disarm these free radicals, so it is recommended to eat an antioxidant-rich diet. It has been found that dark chocolate and unprocessed cocoa are replete with antioxidants like flavanols, polyphenols, catechins and others.
- Reduces blood pressure - It has been proven that dark chocolate can reduce blood pressure. The flavanols present in dark chocolate lead to the production of nitric oxide which in turn signals the arteries to calm down and decrease the resistance to the blood flow which leads to a reduction in the blood pressure.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases - Dark chocolates can reduce the risk of many cardiovascular diseases. Consuming dark chocolate lowers the possibility of cholesterol accumulation in the arteries over time. Experiments have been conducted to show that chocolate lovers have a lower risk of cardiac diseases.
- Enhances cognitive function - Cocoa can boost brain function in the elderly. It increases the flow of blood to the brain which enhances cognitive functions especially in people with mental deterioration.
To enjoy the health benefits of dark chocolate, be sure to invest in organic chocolate which has 70% or more cocoa content.
Related Tip: Stress and Hair loss. Are they related??
Foods that elevate your metabolism is a good method of losing fat from the body. Include these foods in your breakfast, lunch and dinner to harness their fat burning power. Try these foods to kick start your metabolism:
- Eggs: Eggs are considered to be super foods as they are packed with nutrients. Rich in protein and vitamin D, eggs also help boost your metabolism.
- Lean meat: Include lean meats, such as chicken and turkey to your diet as they are rich sources of protein. They are also good sources of iron, the deficiency of which may lead to sluggish metabolism.
- Chili peppers: Chili peppers are good sources of 'capsaicin', a component that is known to kick start your metabolism into high gear. You may add chili peppers to your dishes to add some pungent flavor as well.
- Water: Dehydration may lead to you to feel sluggish the entire day; thus it is necessary to drink cold water as the body burns calories while warming the water.
- Coffee: The caffeine content in coffee is known to stimulate your metabolism.
- Beans: Beans are known to contain good amounts of protein and fiber. The fiber in the beans help in promoting satiety and restricts your food cravings. They are also rich in iron, a macronutrient that helps in improving metabolism.
- Berries: Berries are rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C that help combat free radical damage in the body. They also contain fiber that promotes healthy digestion.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is a good source of magnesium that helps to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It is also known to stimulate various hormones in the body that burn fat.
- Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is known to regulate blood sugar levels in the body. It also boosts acid production in the stomach, thus promoting healthy digestion and contributing to an increased metabolism.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a herb that has certain properties which help in metabolizing carbohydrates in the body, thus increasing your overall calorie burn and kick starting your metabolism.
My period was started on 3rd Feb and it was stopped on 6 th Feb night. I had sex 6-7 times without any protection on 7 th Feb. Is there any possibility of pregnancy due to unprotected sex? If there is any possibility of pregnancy please suggest me what should I do now? As I don't want pregnancy now.
If you are having problems conceiving, you are not alone; around one in seven couples has difficulty.
Infertility is often thought of as a female concern, but in fact in a third of the cases, it is because of male problems, such as a low sperm count.
Male infertility is a condition wherein a man is unable to cause a successful pregnancy in a perfectly fertile woman. Male infertility usually stems from deficiencies in the semen (relating to poor sperm count or low sperm motility).
On the other hand, female infertility is as a condition wherein a woman is unable to carry a pregnancy to full term or conceive after an entire year of having unprotected sexual intercourse.
What causes infertility?
Causes of Male Infertility:
Blockage or obstruction either in the production of sperm or its motility leads to infertility. This problem is caused by various factors such as prostate infections or vasectomy (a surgical procedure used for birth control in men).
Difficulty in the production of sperm, either due to genetic or chromosomal causes, can lead to this condition. Damage to the testes or the condition of undescended testes can also result in this disorder.
Hormonal problems caused due to anabolic steroid (a synthetic steroidal hormone with effects similar to those of testosterone) abuse or pituitary tumors (tumors of the endocrine gland) are other factors responsible for male infertility.
Other factors that may play a part in infertility include:
having had inflamed testes (orchitis)
a past bacterial infection that caused scarring and blocked tubes within the epididymis as it joins the vas
having received medical treatment such as drug treatment, radiotherapy or surgery – for example to correct a hernia, undescended testes or twisted testicles
lifestyle factors such as being overweight or having a job that involves contact with chemicals or radiation.
Male fertility is also thought to decline with age, although to what extent is unclear.
Causes of Female Infertility:
Ovulation disorders: Ovulation disorders account for about 25% cases of female infertility. This happens either because of under-secretion or other problems in the secretion of the reproductive hormone by the pituitary gland.
Tubal infertility: The fallopian tubes allow the eggs to travel from ovaries to the uterus. Any blockage or obstruction of these tubes results in infertility, owing do the fact that the eggs or the ova do not reach the uterus. Certain factors such as pelvic inflammation (infections of the uterus) can result in the blockage of the fallopian tubes.
Other factors that may play a part include:
age – female fertility declines sharply after the age of 35
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
gynaecological problems such as previous ectopic pregnancy or having had more than one miscarriage
medical conditions such as diabetes, epilepsy, and thyroid and bowel diseases
lifestyle factors such as stress, being overweight or underweight, and smoking.
Treatment Methods for Males:
Surgery can correct blockage or obstruction in the testes.
Gonadotropin treatment is a treatment method to develop sperm production. This includes injectable medicines which comprise of both the hormones, Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH). This mode of treatment has been found to improve sperm motility, morphology and count.
Varicocele treatment method is the enlargement of a varicose vein (swollen or twisted vein) in the scrotum (testicles). The objective of this treatment is to correct abnormal sperm shape.
Treatment Methods for Females:
Fertility stimulating drugs: Fertility restoring drugs are known to induce ovulation in women who have ovulation disorders. They tend to work like hormone stimulators such as the luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) which trigger ovulation.
Surgical process: There are surgical treatment methods available to boost female fertility. Laparoscopic surgery is a minimally invasive surgery that reduces or corrects abnormalities related to pregnancy
I am 23 old age. I eat a periods control tablet and after 10 days I am having sex with my boyfriend. And after sex I eat unwanted72 but nothing is happen when I eat unwanted72. Now I eat pregnant control pill. After 22 days my periods is not happen but my stomach is paining rapidly. So please help what to do.
I got 5 days early period. I have regular period every month. I want to know is this early pregnancy symptoms doctor? The period is not crazy heavy and its colour light brown. Few quantity blood is come then its stop. M very confused.
Do not take medicines for heart disease or high blood pressure without talking to a doctor. This could be dangerous.
Pregnancy is a welcome change in a woman's life. She is full of hope and happiness while awaiting the birth of her bundle of joy. However, it is almost inevitable to bring up the topic of conception and leave out a host of bodily alterations or disadvantages it entails. You might eagerly wait for months in a row to conceive and once you do the signs of health issues show. Most noticeable of all other problems are the ones affecting your skin. Skin problems can be immensely predominant and widespread in a pregnant mother; so much so that her psychological disposition might vary considerably.
Commonly observed symptoms of the skin that may affect you during pregnancy:
- Your eyes may look puffy and withdrawn: While the news of a baby lighting up your life in a few months' time makes you very happy, it also subjects your body to exhaustion. It is natural for expecting mothers to feel tired and wasted. Acute iron deficiency and poor blood circulation could result in fatigue that further surfaces as dark circles and puffy bags under your eyes.
- Your face could develop acne suddenly: Acne is caused mainly because of excess sebum secretions from the oil glands present in your body. Excess oil tends to choke the open pores of your skin preventing it from breathing. Increased levels of progesterone are maintained by the human body for a strong uterine lining that is again required for the healthy development of a child; progesterone kicks off oil secretions.
- Spider like marks could spot your skin: Hormonal imbalances, sudden increase in weight, and heightened pressure in the veins may cause the blood vessels in your face to redden and grow big; the veins then look like the web of a spider. This condition is often referred to as Spider Angiomas.
- Big dark patches can also be seen: During pregnancy, your body has an excess of both oestrogen and progesterone. These hormones incite the impact of melanocytes, thus resulting in big dark patches on your skin. The condition is more prevalently known as Melasma.
My friend is experiencing bad stomach cramps during her periods. Can you suggest ways how to minimize this? I also wanna know why she feels sex appeal more during this period!
While some people see tears as a sign of weakness, for others crying is a crucial way of dealing with grief. Though as children we’re told not to cry and to ‘keep a hold’ of our emotions, letting go of a few tears can help alleviate grief and emotional distress.
Here are a few reasons crying could be a good idea when dealing with loss.
- Crying can stimulate the release of endorphins: Crying cleanses the mind of negative emotions and allows you to express your emotions. Crying can be described as a reaction to pain and in order to control pain, the body releases endorphins. Endorphins are also known as happy hormones as they block the transmission of pain signals and create a sense of contentment. These chemicals can take a little time to have an effect and hence in most cases, you will notice an improvement in your mood after a good cry.
- Crying elevates the mood: Crying can help reduce your body’s manganese levels. A higher than normal manganese level can heighten anxiety, irritability, tiredness and emotional disturbances. By lowering manganese levels, the brain is left with enough space for happier emotions and hence crying can help elevate a person’s mood.
- Crying stimulates the body’s parasympathetic nervous system: The parasympathetic nervous system controls a number of functions including heart rate. Crying can stimulate this system and trigger a state of relaxation. For this reason, you may feel sleepy after crying. This gives your body time to relax and deal with the problem at hand with a calmer mind.
- Crying helps deal with stress: A stressful experience or emotional situation can cause a build-up of stress hormones known as cortisol. As the levels of cortisol increase in the body, it goes into flight or fight mode as an automatic response to stress. Crying reduces the cortisol levels and helps relieve tension and stress almost immediately.
- Crying is cathartic: Every day we are exposed to conflicts and stressful situations that can build up into resentments and leave a person feeling anxious and depressed. Sometimes, giving vent to emotions and crying can help release these pent-up feeling and heap cleanse the mind of these negative emotions. Crying also allows us to open ourselves up to the people around and can improve the levels of intimacy between them. In this way, it can help a person become part of a community. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Packing a healthy lunch, whether for work or for school, is always a good option if you want to stay fit and healthy. Working for long hours can take a toll on your health. You should eat foods which are low in calories and fats; try and eat more veggies and fruits. Eating your lunch outside everyday can result in an upset stomach whereas home-made foods are both tasty and healthier. Here are some foods, which you should definitely consider for a healthy you.
- Sandwiches: Cheese and tomato sandwiches are a great source of protein; especially cottage cheese, as it is an awesome low fat source of protein. Tomato is good for your skin and also prevents cancer. You can also consider a healthier version by swapping mayonnaise with avocado as it is full of healthy mono saturated fats.
- Salads: Salad, especially green salad, is one of the healthiest foods you can pack for lunch. It is simple to make and is a great appetizer as well. You can also add flavour to your salads by adding lots of fruits and vegetables that you like to eat.
- Eggplant Pizza: Instead of having the greasy one, you can make your own vegetarian pizza including your favourite vegetables. You can also opt for whole wheat pita pocket rather than the heavy pizza dough. And diced eggplant acts as a rich source of fibre and potassium.
- Chicken Wraps: These are one of the best, if you are in a rush and want to eat something spicy and healthy. Chicken is also a rich source of protein; you can add some ketchup to lend some extra flavour to your wraps. You can also include frozen corns, lettuce leaves and peas if you want.
- Fruits: If you want to maintain a healthy diet, you should surely include fruits in your lunch. It decreases the appetite for the actual meal. The fructose present in the fruits gives an energy boost and the fibre creates a feeling of fullness. Since most fruits are high on dietary fibres and low on calories, they help to keep your weight in control.