Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I'm . 17 years old. I have 4 to 5 bumps on my penis head. Sometimes burning started in Tennis. I didn't sex in my life. I did only masturbation 5 to 6 times. I have this problems since September 2015. My skin look like damaging. Please help me. What's the problem. Is this std? Or any other infection.
In the olden days, we had food scarcity and too much physical work. So obesity and lifestyle diseases were less among people. In those times people used to eat heavily when more food was available and eat less when no food was available.
Then came the agricultural revolution era and a smart public distribution system. Food become abundant. It became impossible to change our centuries' old habit and we started eating more.
Then came industrial, it developments and opening up of markets. It created the following things:
Less physical work. Too much mental strain. Odd working hours. Availability of cheap tasty junk foods.
All these started leading to lifestyle diseases like obesity, hypertension and diabetes.
Then came the medical era (the current period), when the incidences of the above said diseases started growing out of proportions. Nowadays we have started realizing that
We are over eating. We are eating junk calories, food with high fat and salt content. We are leading a sedentary lifestyle.
We have started seeing our parents, relatives, friends getting these diseases, and we have come to know that there is no escape, since they too lead a similar lifestyle. This is the awareness era. Now availability of resources like internet and health magazines are changing people's mind to lead a healthy and fit life.
How to lead a healthy lifestyle and avoid lifestyle diseases?
Stop smoking, reduce alcohol consumption to once a week (two drinks only, it is better if avoid alcohol. Control your existing illnesses like diabetes and hypertension by dedicated dieting and regular consultation with your physician.
Physical activity: 40 minutes a day, minimum 5 days a week. Stop junk foods completely, reduce sugar, salt and oil consumption.
Sleep well (5-8 hours). Everybody has a different biological clock. A refreshing night's sleep varies from person to person. For some 5 hours is enough, for some they need 8 hours. Find out which person you are and start sleeping for the correct time.
Hello I want to ask one question my bhabhi is pregnant from 4 months and vomiting is not stop yet so please tell me what we do and also tell me diet for her.
When will my baby born? My 9th month is running Last conception date is 6 dec 2015. In ultrasound report my baby's gestational age is 32 weeks 6 days. My last ultrasound clear on 18 july 2016. Can you tell me whats the position?
Thalassemia is a genetic (which is passed from parents to children through genes) blood disorder. People with Thalassemia disease are not able to make enough hemoglobin, which causes severe anemia. Hemoglobin is found in red blood cells and carries oxygen to all parts of the body. When there is not enough hemoglobin in the red blood cells, oxygen cannot get to all parts of the body. Organs then become starved for oxygen and are unable to function properly.
There are two types of Thalassemia disease
- Alpha Thalassemia disease: There are two main types of Alpha Thalassemia disease. Alpha Thalassemia Major is a very serious disease in which severe anemia begins even before birth. Pregnant women carrying affected fetuses are themselves at risk for serious pregnancy and delivery complications. Another type of Alpha Thalassemia is Hemoglobin H disease. There are varying degrees of Hemoglobin H disease.
- Beta Thalassemia disease: Beta Thalassemia Major (also called Cooley's Anemia) is a serious illness. Symptoms appear in the first two years of life and include paleness of the skin, poor appetite, irritability, and failure to grow. Proper treatment includes routine blood transfusions and other therapies.
Causes of Thalassemia
Thalassemia occurs when there’s an abnormality or mutation in one of the genes involved in hemoglobin production. You inherit this genetic defect from your parents.
If only one of the parents is a carrier for thalassemia, the child may develop a form of the disease known as thalassemia minor. If this occurs, the born child probably won’t have symptoms, but he/she will be a carrier of the disease. Some people with thalassemia minor do develop minor symptoms.
If both of your parents are carriers of thalassemia, you have a greater chance of inheriting a more serious form of the disease.
The symptoms depend on the type of thalassemia:
- Thalassemia Minor: Thalassemia minor usually doesn’t cause any symptoms. If it does, it causes minor anemia.
- Beta-thalassemia: Beta-thalassemia comes in two serious types, which are thalassemia major, or Cooley’s anemia, and thalassemia intermedia. The symptoms of thalassemia major generally appear before a child’s second birthday. The severe anemia related to this condition can be life-threatening. Other signs and symptoms include:
- frequent infections
- a poor appetite
- failure to thrive
- jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- enlarged organs
This form of thalassemia is usually so severe that it requires regular blood transfusions.
- Alpha-thalassemia: Alpha-thalassemia also has two serious types, which are hemoglobin H disease and hydrops fetalis. Hemoglobin H disease can cause bone issues. The cheeks, forehead, and jaw may all overgrow. Hemoglobin H disease can cause:
- jaundice, which is a yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
- an extremely enlarged spleen
Hydrops fetalis is an extremely severe form of thalassemia. It occurs before birth. Most individuals with this condition are either stillborn or die shortly after being born.
How is thalassemia diagnosed?
Thalassaemia is often detected during pregnancy or soon after birth.
- Screening during pregnancy: Screening to check if a baby is at risk of being born with thalassemia is offered to all pregnant women.
- Testing after birth or later in life: Newborn babies aren't routinely tested for thalassemia because the test used isn't always reliable soon after birth and the condition isn't immediately dangerous. However, the main form of the condition – beta thalassemia major – is often picked up as part of the newborn blood spot test (heel prick). A blood test can be carried out at any point to diagnose the condition if a child or adult has symptoms of thalassemia and the condition wasn't picked up earlier on.
- Testing for the Thalassemia Trait- A blood test can be done at any time to find out if you have the thalassemia trait and are at risk of having a child with the condition. This can be particularly useful if you have a family history of the condition or your partner is known to carry thalassemia.
If your child has thalassemia, blood tests may reveal:
- A low level of red blood cells
- Smaller than expected red blood cells
- Pale red blood cells
- Red blood cells that are varied in size and shape
- Red blood cells with uneven hemoglobin distribution, which gives the cells a bull's-eye appearance under the microscope
Blood tests may also be used to:
- Measure the amount of iron in your child's blood
- Evaluate his or her hemoglobin
- Perform DNA analysis to diagnose thalassemia or to determine if a person is carrying mutated hemoglobin genes
Treatment for Thalassemia-
The treatment for thalassemia depends on the type and severity of disease involved. Your doctor will give you a course of treatment that will work best for your particular case.
Some of the utilized treatments include:
- blood transfusions
- a bone marrow transplant (BMT)
- medications and supplements
- possible surgery to remove the spleen or gallbladder
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello. I need answer. I am very scared about that. When me and my wife do sex and I discharged semen in her vagina but when I out my penis from her vagina semen comes automatically outside. Please tell me why its happen everytime even though I discharged after fully insertion.
If vaginal lips gets black is any prblm or its norml? If there any prblm or infection then what to do? I also get itching.
I am female of 20 years. Before coming into periods, I suffer with lots of sleep. This happens during periods too. But due to this, my all work gets stopped for few days. And I don't be able to do anything. I specifically get irritated during my exam. I don't get enough time for study, project, or any other work I need to finish. Then it remains pending as it is. It makes me then lazy that time. How should I get relief from it so that I can again boost my immune system and become active and get less sleep. I'm terribly tired of this problem. As I keep sleeping all the time. Moreover, I get a pimple warning me that I'll be in periods now. How to get rid of pimples even period time?
I had an intercourse with my partner in last Oct without protection but after that I had my periods on time and next month also it was on time. But after that I had no periods since 3 months. I'm very much worried. And my belly is also bulging. Can this be happen that I'm pregnant? But after last sex I had 2 periods regular and it was thick not spotting. Any medicine so to make my periods?
Can we expect the pregnancy even after two periods. And four negative home pregnancy tests. I took ipill a month ago and tge periods in previous month was delayed for 2 weeks and this month my cycle is regular as usual. I did took 4 urine home pregnancy tests each with a weeks gap. Please advice can there be still any chances of pregnancy?
Im having periods problem. Actually it stooped before for almost 6months den I cnsltd a doctor he wrote sevrl tests and der was nothing in reports. He gav me medicines den it got cleared and der was no problem for 3months now again im suffering with the same problem sinc 2 r 3months. And also der is over hair growth lik men. Im able able share my problem with anyone hope this will help me. Click the button below and send your query. It'll just take a minute!
My breast size is too big and i am really disturbed and worried about it ,how can i reduce it? and i am getting fatter day by day but my food intake is normal, am actually reducing it day by day, how can i reduce that too
I am 38 year old. I have been suffering from to heavy and very painful mestrual problem from the beginning. Want to get rid of this problem. Please suggest a solution.
Me and my husband are trying for a baby since 6 months now but till date no success. What can be possible problems? Please advice.
The Chennai floods this season have broken all records. The city has not been hit with a rainstorm of this degree in about 100 years. The entire city is reeling under the effects of this flood, with many becoming victims of diseases and injuries as a result.
Floods in your city can increase the spread of waterborne diseases such as cholera, typhoid, Hepatitis A etc. Not only that, the transmission of vector borne diseases such as dengue, malaria and chikungunya increases as well. Severe flooding can even lead to accidents such as electric shocks. However, there are certain precautions you can take to avoid these potential health hazards.
1. Avoid flood waters as these may have been contaminated with sewage and remains of animals
2. Boil water before consuming it or using it to cook food
3. Make sure you wash your hands thoroughly before eating, and drinking and always use a disinfecting soap
4. Avoid water coming from wells until it has been treated
5. Throw away food that has come in contact with flood water, whether it was refrigerated or not
6. Throw away food that has been standing at room temperature for more than two hours or smells foul or has changed colour and texture
7. Make sure you cover and treat any open cuts or wounds
8. Bathe regularly
9. Make sure you use mosquito repellents at home and on your clothing and skin
10. Don’t touch open wire or sockets or let them come in contact with water as it can cause shocks
11. Don’t allow your pets to go outside as they can become hosts of vector borne diseases
12. Throw away accumulated garbage and debris as they can turn into a breeding ground for rats and mosquitoes
13. Make full use of vaccination facilities
By adopting these simple measures, you can safely avoid the most common types of health hazards prevalent during floods.
Painful menstruation or menstrual cramp is termed as Dysmenorrhoea and refers to the discomfort or pain associated with menstruation. In 80% cases, cramps are an integral part of the preliminary dysmenorrhoea syndrome. Though this symptom is not deemed as a very serious clinical problem, the pain and its associated symptoms are acute enough to keep an affected woman from normal functioning for the first one or two days. These symptoms may take over one or two days prior to menses, reach their pinnacle on the first day and subside slowly with the passage of time. The pain can be typically depicted as being ached, cramping of the stomach and often reaching to the lower back portion.
There is probably no woman across the world, who has not undergone the painful menstrual cramps. But don't fret! Homeopathy treatment has a range of remedies to relieve you off this unease.
- Cimicifuga: Normally menstruation cramps indicate a pain that flows across the pelvic region from one side to the other. This remedy will particularly be helpful in neuralgic and rheumatic cases as well as congestive cases where it works effectively with Veratrum Viride and Belladonna. It is also very efficient in combating headaches preceding menses, acute pains across abdomen, labor like pains and scanty flow.
- Caulophyllum: This remedy is great for treating spasms and pain that flow downwards. The spasmodic periodic pains that need to be treated with Caulophyllum are mostly concentrated around the groin and radiate to other surrounding parts. Gelsemium can also be taken for treating neuralgic as well as congestive dysmenorrhoea when the pain bears down. The pains are often labor-like and spasmodic with flow of pale urine. In order to get faster relief, it can be taken along with hot bag press.
- Belladonna: If you are afflicted with the congestive forms of menstrual cramps, then you may take Belladonna. In most cases, a pain and discomfort is felt prior to the flow and a feeling of something heavy around the vulva can be relieved if you sit up straight. This pain occurs and subsides all of a sudden making the flow clotted and restricted. This kind of dysmenorrhoea is extremely painful and makes the genital dry. In case the pain gets severe and cuts through the pelvis, then Veratrum viride can also be administered.
- Zanthoxylum: This remedy is very effective in fighting dysmenorrhoea and uterine spasms. It is very effective when the pain is burning, agonising and extending down through the thighs making the limbs paralysed and numb. You can take this measure when the pain is affecting your ovaries as this medicine works closely for neuralgic form of menstrual cramps. Women with delicate nervous temperament can also take this remedy as it relieves from headache and eye pain caused from Menstruation.
Homeopathy has a huge range of medicines and it becomes difficult for a commoner to select an ideal one. Therefore, when you are deeply affected with menstrual cramps, you can always consult an expert before administering any medicine.