Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Varsha N. Pai DhungatYour feedback matters!
Sir I dint get periods since 3 months so shall I use ashwagandha for this irregularity and delays. Give the best advice and diet and exercise. Thank you sir I hope I will get answer.
Hi We had a sex on 11th of november and had unwanted 72 on 12th. Her period date is on 28th of november. But this time she had before on 22nd. And its irregular flow and the blood color is blackish.
is there female condom ? If there, then how it insert (use), and where it is available, please inform . Thanks.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Previous month my period was not clear means less bleeding and this time period is late and there is also blood clots . Is there any problem.
I see many time of my girlfriends vaginas photo but I can't decide she is virgin or not answer please suggest me what is the difference between virgin vaginas or non-virgin vaginas.
I had done sex on 12 April n last period date is 30 March so just worried dat I shld nt get pregnant bcoz I am nt yet ready for it n already hv one child before I do not knw bt I am going to washroom many tyms n frm stomach some kind of noise. Past 3 weeks I am having heated thinks like papaya n coffee alot bt I de ipill also within 72 hours ha bt nly it was I had in evening.
I am a 32 year female from 3 months I have started eating a lot. I eat 6chapatis rice and stuff whatever I get. Then I vomit. I have gain lot of weight. What is going on with me please help.
I'm Married in December 2016 till now I don't have any health problem my husband also not having any health problems so what medicine should I take to get pregnancy nd my dream is to get twins please suggest me mam I'm thankful to you.
Im 24 years old, my periods is delayed for 11 days. Should I hav nerothindrone or wait for them to occur naturally?
Some herbs and other natural supplements can really help keep you healthy.
1. Aloe vera
A plant whose thick fleshy leaves conceal an emollient extract used in preparing cosmetics and skin creams. This ancient plant has been used for medicinal purpose in several cultures: greece egypt, india, japan and china.
What it does:
Aloe vera extract contains 75 potentially active ingredients that include vitamins, minirals, enzymes, sugars, fatty acids and harmones. It has antiseptic and healing properties, says astudt reported in the indian journal of dermatology.
The study, published by researches at mumbai, s grant medical college and sir jj group of hospitals, also revealed that aloe vera gel has a protective effect against radiation damafe to the skin. People who apply the gel over a period of time also find their skin more elastic ans less wrinkled. These versatile herbs in the healing of wounds. In addition aloe vera gel, when consumed, acts as a laxative. It increases intestinal water contect. Mucus secretion and intestinal peristalsis
Aloe vera has a concetration of amino acids ehich are the building blocks of protein. Of the 20 amino acids, 18 are presnt in this magic potion.” “it is a great detoxifier and helps eliminate waste and toxins from the body. It also has cosmetic appeazl because of its anti-fungal properties. Deu to its ability to regenaterate cells, aloe vera helps in wrinkle prevention, combats pimple and acne and removes scars amd stretch marks.”
Who should take it?
Aloe vera can be consumed internally or applied topically, depending on the purpose. While it is safe for most people, when appiled on the face, a patch test is usually recommended especially for those who have extremely sensitive skin.”
2. Fenugreek seeds
What they are:
Fenugreek is a leguminous asin herb with aromatic seeds. Most of its medicinal properties are in the seeds. For centuries, the crushed or powdered seeds have been used externally and internally for several cures. It can be applied as a poultice for hives, boils and ulcers or consumed to increase appetite, counter appetite loss and reduce blood sugar.
What they do:
A clinicalstudy by gandhi medical colege, hyderabad, published in the indian journal of pharmacogy shows that fenugreek seed have lipid-lowering efect on people with high blood cholesterol. Those with high lipid levels risk cardiovascular disease including deadly strokes and heart attacks. The study found that cholesterol levels were lowered in patients given 25 grams of powdered fenugreel seed twice before meals.
Who should take them?
“while fenugreek is recommended for people with diabetes, hypertension and cholesterol, it is also good for people who don’t suffer from these conditions,” advise Dr. Ashok jhingan, seior consultant diabetotogist and chairman, delhi diabetes research center. He prescribes 10gms of the seeds, soaked overnight, to be taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. “many people also eat the seeds mixed with curd.”
From the onion family, it’s been a medicinal herb for millennia, even as for back as ancient egypt.
What is does:
Studies show that is cultures where people eat lots of garlic, there are fewer cases of gastric cancer, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
Research from the central food technological research tnstitute (cftri), mysore, report that garlic and onion increased the activity of two key enzymes involved in cholesterol metabolism.
Another study conducted by tagore medical college garlic consumption helped heart patients. In their three year study of 432 heart patients, only half of them were given garlic. Those not eating garlic saw no real cardiovascular changes. But the garlic eaters experienced a significant drop in blood pressure, blood cholesterol and mortality rates.
They also experienced less angina, the chest pain heart patient often feel.
Deodorized garlic tables seem to work as wellas the raw herb in reducting cholesterol.
Who should take it?
Unless you’re allergic to it (very rare), you almost can’t go wrong by adding garlic to your diet. If you dislike the taste, garlic capsules will provede most of the health benefits without the flavour or odor.
The spice is made by grinding the roots of the perennial herb curcuma longa. The boiled dried and powdered underground stem of the plant is used as a flavouring and colouring agent and as a stimulant.
What it does:
The herb has a mild protective effect against colds and flu; in those who get sick, it appears to limit the duration and severity of symptoms. A study by jamia hamdard university, new delhi, reveals that curcumin, found in turmeric, has antiinflammatory and antispasmodic properties and is useful in the treatment of arthritis.
Who should take it?
This staple herb works for almost everyone and is effective if taken even as you feel a cold or flu coming on. According to the study, the most interesting feature of curcumin is the lack of gastrointestinal effectsdespite is being an anti-inflammatory agent.
Try this time-testes recipe from Dr. Vivek nangia, head of respiratory disease, fortis hospital, new delhi: add a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a cup of milk and boil for a few minitues, drink the hot brew twice a day. “the herb’s antioxidant and anti-infective properties help build your immunity against colds.’
This sacred plant with the fragrant leaves needs no introduction. No plant is more auspicious as tulsi, or holy basil, at your doorstep.
What it does:
According to a study published in indian journal of pharmaclogy, the consumption of 100mg per kilo body weight of tulsi extract helped reduce acid secretion and protect the mucous membrane of thestomach: it can heal ulcers.
Tulsi contains benificial compounds called phyto-chemicals that possess antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial and immunity-enhancing properties that supports the body’s defence against disease and promote wellness.
Who shohld take it?
According to Dr. Issac mathai of soukya, a holistic healing center in bangalore, “tulsi is a good hurb for people suffering from colds and coughs. Many ayurvedic cough syrups contain tulsi, because the herb help mobilize mucus in bronchitis and relieves symptoms of asthma.
“boil tulsi leaves in water and drink the decoction to ease a sore throat. This water is also good for gargling” adds mathai.
Tulsi capsules are available in the market. Dr. Mathai, who practises ayurveda, says that capsules manufatured by reputed companies may be taken as a substitute for the fresh herb.
Is reason for spotting bleeding is pregnancy only. For how many days spotting bleeding is occurs and is it any serious to consult urgently.
My daughter has gal balder stone problem of 10-11 mm size. She has taken so many ayurvedic medicines including the apple juice therapy, 2-3 times. Now we are planning for surgery. Can any one suggest a guaranteed treatment without surgery?
I am 19 years old I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and I am sure that I had not cum in vagina there is chances of pregnancy.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day When to stop progesterone support?
Hello doctor sry its a lengthy ques but I wanted to know that my girlfriend is pregnant or not & we had unprotected intercourse on 25th of October but she has taken i-pill tablet within the minute when I ejected inside her but she felt it might not work she has taken another i-pill in the same day & in mrng when we woke up we just cuddled & I ejected on top of her vagina not inside of vagina or on vagina & her last periods was started on 20th ended in 23rd of October she got bleeding on 8th September she thought it was her periods but her last period was just stopped before 10 days so please help.
1. The best way to cool water in summers:- Remember the old days when our grandparents used matkas to store water?
Science has proven that the best way to store water is in a clay water pot. Clay pots not only cool the water down, it also provide healing with the elements of earth.
2. Porous property in clay pots:- Clay is porous. A clay pot is also porous. When we store water in a clay pot, the evaporation happens. All of us read in science from 5 th standard that, what is evaporation. This process causes cooling as water particles gain energy in the form of heat, then change to gas and get mixed with air. A clay pot has small holes visible at the microscopic level through which water seeps out and gains energy to become gas and gets evaporated causing cooling. Heat and moisture circulate throughout the pot, which is not possible in metal or plastic crockery that we use today.
3. Pot water is alkaline in nature:- Another benefit of clay water pots is the alkaline nature of clay. The alkaline clay interacts with the acidity of water and provides the proper ph balance. This water can help to cure acidity and other stomach issues.
4. Boosts metabolism: Drinking the right amount of water everyday can help us boost metabolism. We usually store water in plastic containers, without realizing that there are harmful chemicals like bpa (bisphenol a) in plastic. So drinking water from a clay pot can help improve metabolism without dangerous chemicals and also increase testosterone in our body on the other hand plastic reduces the amount of testosterone in our body. Clay water tastes natural, pleasantly chilled and also helps improve metabolism and
5. Clay pot water good for throat: The water stored in an earthen pot is gentle on the throat. It is an ideal drink for people suffering from cough or cold. It prevents from sunstroke. People who are suffering with sinusitis, this water is medicine for them.
These are all the benefits of clay pot water. But it is very important to clean these regularly and replace water. You can also buy the ‘surahi’ or narrow-neck jug-shaped water pot and the ‘matka’ or traditional water pot.