Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varsha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VarshaYour feedback matters!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
My GF is 22 n I am 35. She is not getting her periods regularly and if she gets then very few drops. V do the pregnancy test every Month but it's negative. N she discharges lots of white fluid from her vagina everyday. Can you guide me please Is her vagina infected by oral sex?
You are feeling under the weather, and you wish you could eat something fried or processed right now to feel better. But that may not be the smartest thing to do! Read on to know more about what you should avoid eating when you are sick.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea, don’t go anywhere near sweet foods made of artificial sweeteners, since sorbitol (a kind of artificial sweetener) isn’t digestible and can instigate diarrhea. Also, avoid foods that can trigger bloating and gas, such as apples, onion, broccoli, beans and cabbages. Dairy, caffeine and alcohol can also provoke diarrhoea.
- Don’t consume dairy products, chocolate, pain medications and iron supplements if you are constipated.
- If you are nauseous, don’t eat greasy, oily or spicy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks, caffeine and alcohol as well.
- If you are having difficulties in swallowing due to a sore throat, hot fluids are by far the most beneficial. Not only do they help soothe your sore throat, but they're also known to loosen mucus, which may help relieve other symptoms such as congestion and stuffiness, often accompanying a sore throat, so consider eating soup or drinking hot water to alleviate the pain, and scratchy, hard foods such as granola, potato chips and nuts. Acidic juices made from vegetables and fruits, such as grape juice or orange juice, can also aggravate a sore throat.
- When your body aches, don’t grab that cup of espresso or that glass of whiskey, since both caffeine and alcohol can dehydrate the body, thereby worsening the pain.
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners, aged chesses, MSG (monosodium glutamate which is found in soy sauce), chocolate, red wine and processed meat, if you have a headache. MSG has been linked to blood pressure which can cause headaches.
- Dairy products, processed or packaged foods, should be avoided if you have an earache.
- If you have an allergy, don’t consume milk, wheat, soy, berries, eggs, tomatoes, fish, nuts, chocolates and nuts. These foods commonly cause itching.
- You might have cold, or your nose won’t stop running. A hot broth or hot tea will give you comfort, but you should avoid spicy foods and alcohol. Spicy foods actually aggravate a runny nose.
- Flu, sinus or cold infection can inflame and irritate nasal blood vessels, making you feel like your nose is blocked. Avoid sugar and spicy foods if you have a congested nose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hii. My fiancee has too sensitive body, but she is very active and good sexual desire, one day we did foreplay but after her period, condition of her turns critical like very irregular period feeling too much pain during period and heavy bleeding, her 1st period after foreplay held only for 1 day and 10 days late and again after 5 days that start again with too much pain and heavy bleeding than ever before, It will happen every time or Will it normal after marriage during sexual activity and please suggest me remedies for it.
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) is a common infection in the female reproductive organs like the ovaries, the uterus and the fallopian tubes and also the inside of the pelvis. If left untreated for a long time, PID can lead to severe problems like pregnancy complications, infertility and cancer.
- Causes: STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) like chlamydia and gonorrhea produce vaginal bacteria which travel to the interior organs and cause PID. Having unprotected sexual contact with someone who has an STD is the most common cause of PID. Moreover, medical processes like abortion, miscarriage, childbirth, insertion of contraceptive devices can also lead to bacterial infection. Having sex with a number of people, or having sex before the age of 20, or having had an STD in the past, also increase the chances of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
- Symptoms: The disease may show only minor symptoms or it may not show any symptom at all. When it does, the common symptoms are pelvic pain, discomfort while urinating or having intercourse, difficulties with menstruation and unusual fluid discharge from the vagina.
- Associated symptoms: High fever, nausea, vomiting, indigestion, exhaustion, shivering and fainting.
- Diagnosis: A pelvic examination is conducted to check for abnormal bleeding from the cervix (the opening of the uterus), fluid discharge or severe pain in the uterus, fallopian tubes or in the ovaries. Swabs taken from the cervix and the vagina are tested for STDs or other possible bacterial infections that may cause PID. An ultrasound or a Computerized Tomography (CT) scan is conducted to make sure that the symptoms are not being caused by other disorders like appendicitis or other kinds of infection in the reproductive organs. A pregnancy test is also done to take the necessary precautions to protect the fetus from the adverse effects of the infection.
- Treatment: The treatment procedures of PID vary depending on the type of bacteria that caused the infection in the specific case. Antibiotic medication is used to treat the condition. In case of severe complications, the patient has to be hospitalized. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.