Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VarshaYour feedback matters!
At the periods time she had lots of pain until she took a medicine so is there any other way to relief without medicine during periods time.
Hi I am 25 years old. Tried to have sex but I feel very pain full and stopped in between. My partner is very much disappointed I feel I am having short vaginal canal. Whenever I put my finger inside I can feel my cervix easily. What should I do to increase my vaginal canal length.
Premature labor is also known as preterm labor. This is the term given when the body gets ready for an early delivery in the pregnancy. Labor is considered to be premature if it starts almost three weeks prior to the due date. Premature labor usually leads to early birth, but now this can be delayed with medical help. It is better that the baby grows inside you because there are fewer chances of problems after birth.
Risk of Preterm Labor:
Some of the things which can increase the risk of a preterm labor are:
- Being underweight or overweight before pregnancy
- Poor prenatal care
- Use of alcohol and drugs during pregnancy
- Health conditions such as preeclampsia, infections, diabetes, high blood pressure and clotting disorders
- Pregnant with a bay with birth defects
- Getting pregnant through vitro fertilization
- Pregnant with multiples like twins and triplets
- Becoming pregnant soon after having a baby
Symptoms of preterm labor:
Warning signs should be heeded to stop the stop premature labor, as acting quickly can help. Consult your doctor or midwife immediately in case you have the following:
- Backache, especially in the lower back. Back ache can be a constant feature or might keep coming in intervals; but does not change with a change in position.
- Contractions that take place in each 10 minutes
- A leaking feeling in the vagina or fluid leakage from the vagina
- Cramps in the lower abdomen very similar to menstrual cramps. These usually give a feeling of gas pains and come with a diarrhea
- Symptoms of flu like vomiting, nausea and diarrhea. Must to see a doctor if the liquids cannot be tolerated for more than 8 hours
- The pressure in the vagina or pelvis increases
- Vaginal discharge increases
- There might be light bleeding from the vagina
Ways to check for Contractions
To spot and early labor one must be sure to check for the contractions. Contractions can be checked by the following:
- When the fingertips are placed on the abdomen and the uterus feels too soft or tight then these are contractions.
- Contractions if felt, should be timed and the starting time of these should be noted.
- Contractions should be stopped by changing the position and drinking some water or by walking around
- Doctor or midwife should be contacted if the contractions occur every 10 minutes and the symptoms worsen
Sometime women might experience false labor also known as Braxton Hicks contractions. These are not so strong, are erratic and stop on moving around.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi. My problem is vagnal drying and my husband and I use condom from 5 year now I am paining in vigna due to condom and itching and burning in vigna and white discharge also what to do please tell me tablet to make my husband happy in bed.
I have pcod I am gaining weight, I have hirsutism, acne,hair fall and all complications of pcod but as my period is regular I am not using any hormonal therapy please suggest me some medicine diet and measures to control it.
Doc kyaa feeling hone jaruri hh girl me conceive karne ke liee actually mujhee conceive karnaa hh aur mujhe feeling s naii hotee plss suggest.
I am 26 having very dry and itchy skin around my vagina and if I apply moisturizer it smells if don't then it's dry and very itchy and its ejaculating more then usual what should I do and any medication?
I am feeling mild pain like a do before getting periods ,this is happening since a week ago. But I am not getting periods what could be the reasons behind it? It's weakness or something else?
Normally how many days a period can delay due to un protected sex. If so then what to do. The home pregnancy test also came negative. Please help
I feel lot of pain in the back and abdomen during PMS and periods. Also I feel nauseated and don't wish to eat anything. I got one screening done but everything came out to be normal. I suffer heavy flow and blood clots too. Weight is decreasing and hair fall is too much.
After doing sex for 3 times a month and ejaculating sperm into my wife vagina still she is not getting pregnant. What is the reason.
Five must have homoeopathic medicines for your home medicine kit:
A medicine kit or cabinet is essential for every household. These medicines must be useful for conditions such as fever, injuries like bruises and cuts. These medicines are your first aid till your doctor arrives. Homoeopathic medicines help a great deal if the correct medicine is prescribed at the right time. As no water is required you can take these pills even while you are travelling.
Arnica: Arnica acts best in blunt injuries produced due to fall or blow to the body where there is black and blue discolouration of the injured area. There is body ache after the fall and soreness and lame feeling all over. Two to three doses of the 30th potency are enough till symptoms subside.
Ferrum phos: Useful in early febrile conditions, immediately after fever develops. When this remedy is administered not only does the fever subside but it all prevents return of the fever. Gives best results when given within first few hours of fever especially in children.
Calendula ointment: It is a remarkable healing agent which is to be applied locally for open wounds like cuts, ulcers. Also of great importance in non-healing wounds. Can also be applied to locally to the affected area when the baby develops diaper/nappy rash.
Carbo veg: This remedy is useful for when you suffer from indigestion, eructation etc. When you feel distension in your stomach and uneasiness. A single dose of the 30th potency will do the trick.
Cantharis: This remedy is useful when you have kids at home. Whenever you or your child spills some boiling water or tea etc on the skin you can leave it to cantharis to heal the burn or scald. It prevents the bleb formation that is the water filled eruption which is formed after a burn/scald. It reduces the burning pain and prevents secondary infection at the burn site. It is also available in ointment form. But oral doses of cantharis 30 are to be given four times a day for 2 days along with external application.
Hello sir/mam I am 30 yeas old .and meri marriage ko 2 yeas ho gae hai. Aur mujhe pregnancy ke 4 month complete ho chuke hai, and 5th month start hua hai. Pahle mujhe vomiting ati thi. But ab kuch dino se thik hai. Lekin meri doctor ne mujhe folic acid, vitamin b complex and calcium ,iron medicine di hai. But mai jab bhi medicine leti hu to mujhe vomiting ane lagti hai. Mai aapse ye confirm karna chahti hu ke pregnancy me kya khana jyada jaruri hai. I mean fruits ya medicine. Mujhe medicine digestion proper nhi ho rahi hai. To kya mai uski jagah fruits kha sakti hu regular. please suggest me any answer.
When the temperature soars to extremes in the summer, all you want to do is switch on the air conditioner and stake out in a room during the day. Alas! That's not a real world option. In reality, we have to work in the kitchen, step outside to reach office and do our daily chores bearing the heat. In some places, the added humidity becomes an even worse problem with sweat draining us out of our energy. While we can blame it on global warming and other problems, it really isn't going to solve our problem. To do that, we need to look inside and not outside. Nature's bounty is infinite and there are several foods in nature that helps our body stay cool form the inside. That's because nature likes to maintain balance and has all the solutions we need. We only need to look.
Here are a few options on summer friendly meals that can help you beat the heat.
- Summer salads: Fresh and healthy summer salads are one of the sure shot ways to make you feel light and full and keep your body cool while keeping your taste buds super happy. Fill it with the goodness of cucumber, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, carrots and cottage cheese and flavour it with salt, pepper and a dash of homemade cream cheese and pomegranate. We've seen this salad being gobbled up in a record time of 7 seconds. You just have to give it a try.
- Cool drinks: From buttermilk to lemon mint coolers to variants made from fennel seeds (saunf) cooling drinks are a must have in any home. You can stock these up on a Sunday to have them through the week. Also, you can consume many of these with honey instead of added sugar to keep your health and calories in check.
- Fresh fruit salads with ice cream: Fruit salads can actually be a wonderful breakfast or meal option. Using a mix of locally available fresh fruits and topping it with fresh custard or ice cream can be a delightful summer coolant.
- Summer vegetable saute: Want some freshness on the side. A fresh vegetable saute can just become a full meal. Filled with the goodness of vegetables sauteed in virgin olive oil and very little seasoning, the crunchy texture and colourful mix can work wonders in keeping you healthy during the summer. Try a mix of corn, spicy jalapenos, onions and lettuce and tofu to make it a full meal.
Summer heat can sometimes really take its toll. Be careful if you experience unusual symptoms like excessive sweating or faintness.
What is the disease called alopecia? How can be this treated? Does this can occur more than once during a life period?
Intercourse is meant to be a pleasurable and intimate experience. But it might become an unpleasant act if you are suffering from performance anxiety. When you are mentally occupied by questions such as "Do I look too fat?" or "Did I do that right?", sex stops being a gratifying experience.
Incessant anxiety over your ability or appearance can result in sex becoming nerve-wracking and stressful for you. It might even have you avoiding sex altogether. This psychological condition is termed as sexual performance anxiety.
Sex isn't only a physical reaction, there are emotions tied to it as well. If you are too stressed out and your mind is preoccupied, your body reflects your inner turmoil and you cannot get aroused.
Causes: The causes of sexual performance anxiety include:
- Fear that you wouldn't be able to satisfy your partner and perform well sexually
- Body image issues (Such as stressing about your weight)
- Problems in your relationship
- Men worry that their penis don't 'measure' up
- Men might be concerned about taking too much time to orgasm, or about premature ejaculation
- Women worry about not enjoying the experience or being unable to have an orgasm
Symptoms: Your mental state has a deep impact on your physical state. The effect of stress hormones norepinephrine and epinephrine can hinder your sexual performance. Symptoms of sexual performance anxiety include:
- In men, blood vessels constrict due to the effect of stress hormones. This leads to reduced blood flow to the penis, thus making it difficult for the man to get an erection.
- Often though it is less diagnosed in women, sexual performance anxiety leads to trouble in lubrication during sex. Lack of lubrication dims the desire to have sex.
Sexual performance anxiety is a vicious, inescapable cycle. Increased anxiety hampers you from having sex, making you think you won't be able to perform well, which causes even more anxiety.
Treatment: Consult a doctor you will be comfortable with discussing your problems. Sexual performance can be either treated by medication (if you have an underlying medical condition such as erectile dysfunction) or through therapy.
Talking to a therapist or counsellor about your problems can help you in several ways. You can learn to become more comfortable with yourself and your body. You can also understand your problems better, which can eliminate your anxiety.