Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varsha
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VarshaYour feedback matters!
I am female 27 years of age. Missed my last month period. Tested negative for Pregnancy. Getting bright red color spotting for alternate days for hour or two. Approaching my next cycle. Suggest what should be my next steps.
Can you think of anyone who is into cycling (professional or a regular cyclist) and has not faced any injuries? You would have to think real hard, as injuries are a very common part of cycling. Right from the stage when a person starts learning to whatever stage they decide to stop at, injuries are a part and parcel of it.
There are, however, some tips that can help you avoid or reduce the incidence of injuries and their impact. These are gaining importance, as there are more people getting into the sport. Follow these and have a happy time cycling away!
- Choose the right bike for your height and frame. Do not use cycles which are too small or too big for you.
- Always use a helmet of the approved standards and use the helmet lock. It does not prevent scratches and skin tears, but definitely helps protect your head.
- Common notion is that traffic rules don’t apply to cyclists. We all can remember how a cyclist gets off the bike at the signal and pushes the bike to cross over. This is wrong and the traffic rules apply as much to the cyclists as to the other motorists.
- Using hand signals to indicate stopping, turning or changing lanes is also a practice that cyclists must follow.
- When riding on the roads, keep safe distance from other vehicles. If there is a cycling lane, stick to it.
- Though cycling with music in your ears is very appealing, try not to do that, especially if you are on the road where you might not be able to hear honking from other vehicles.
- If you are cycling in a group, make sure you cycle one behind the other, not as a group.
- Do not try bike stunts like speeding, wheeling, etc., on roads which have regular traffic. Choose off-peak hours and quieter areas for these stunts.
- If you are crossing a pedestrian lane, get off the bike and cross it carefully.
- Try not to use the edge of the road from where it is easy to fall off. Riding on the road helps others to notice you, so ride accordingly.
- If you are riding at night, make sure you are wearing bright clothing; there are fluorescent colored bibs with reflectors available. The bike should also have reflectors, so others can see you and the bike.
- For regular practice, try staying in residential areas, compared to roads which have other vehicles.
- Ensure the bike is always maintained in a good condition with brakes and gears working properly. Get your bike serviced regularly, so it is well oiled and checked for proper functioning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Lady finger Okra is another great natural vegetable that can help your sexual health. It is high in a number of vitamins and also a great source of zinc. As you know zinc deficiency is one of the major sources of erectile problems.
Mens sexual health
As mentioned above lady finger (okra) is great for improving sexual health. You can stir fry some okra in butter or you can have the root powder of it with a glass of milk and honey. This will help you with your erections as well as give you sexual stamina.
Women’s Sexual heath
Lady finger is also great for female sexual health. Women who suffer from excessive bleedings during their menstrual cycles or endometriosis can use it for their benefit. Poke holes in two to three okras and put them in a glass of water. Keep them overnight at room temperature and drink the liquid first thing in the morning. Drinking this for a few weeks will help reduce the bleeding during the cycle and also help in other matters of sexual health.
♧Do not wash your hair with too much hot water.
♧If you use any shampoo, use only an ORGANIC shampoo or conditioner.
♧ Do not comb the hair backwards. Use a good quality brush or comb. Avoid excessive brushing.
♧Massage the scalp vigorously for 10 to 15 minutes (until you start to feel hot there) after bathing it with water. This stimulates the blood circulation and strengthens the hair follicles in the scalp and prevent hair loss.
♧Coconut oil and castor are very good for hair.
♧Boil dry pieces of amla (Indian goose berry) in coconut oil and apply on hair for hair loss prevention.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just followed for the sake of religious rituals but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands in for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body thereby maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking it. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When ones sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. When having food in this position then a person has to bend and eat as they might have to move up and down while eating. When this happens the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleeps can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minutes nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous praise, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby's ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching feet of elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.