Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. VanrekYour feedback matters!
I have had a pock inside nose, it's unbearable, some suggested to put ghee, please suggest what to do.
Sir his nose is curved and a hump like projection at the dorsum of the nose. It irritates him and feels ugly. Is rhinoplasty a better cure. What is its expenditure and where it is practiced well? In india is it common?
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments.
Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 23 years old and I am facing problem last 6 moths. I feel weakness n tiredness early. Morning itself Eyes seems to be heavy and dizziness. I have tested for thyroid n sugar both are normal. I am Having proper food at proper time yet after having I still feel less active. My fingers also shivers due. I feel lack of stamina and energy. Climbing one floor I get exhausted. Feels sleepy and after sleeping also o don't feel active. I have habit of masturbating. Some times its 3 times a day. Is that the reason for my health issue? I really want to get rid of my issue and get back to normal. Please suggest me the remedies.
My snoring (kharrate) is becoming very horrible My age is 32 and weight is 85. height 5.8 I work more than 14 than 14 hour Can you please help me in snoring problem Is their any homeopath medicine to cure this problem.
Hello im shivam 22 years old I having a problem since one year in my ear theirs a fluid comes out from my ear some times it become ok for 1or two week or a month but after some time again this happen what can I do, I had this happen in my child hood but after 10 to 15 years this happens again started, one year ago I was took bath in a fall that time some water goes into my ear and this happen started.
When I lean down my nose starts bleeding. Frequently. But not always. Consulted an e. N. T, suggested plain ct scan of paranasal sinuses. Findings are 1) nasal septum deviated to right 2) hypertrophied bilateral inferior turbinates wih edematous nasal mucosa s/o sinonasal inflammatory disease all other things are noted normal in d report. Can anyone one tell me what does this mean? do I have sinus. But I do not have cold or something. But sometimes blockage of one hole sometimes other. But no breathing trouble.
I have running nose last 2 months, and taken few medicines but it doesn't work to much. What should I do ?
Mere gale me hr waqt khras rhti h. Every time gala phase lagta lgta h. Iski kya wjh ho skti h. N also suggest some remedy. Thank you.
I am suffering from continuous from runny nose. And also I got sudden fever which we went down by calpol and I have headache, pain behind eyes ,body pain .is it common cold. And know I dnt have fever and only running nose.
Which is the best medicine for snoring at the age 30? I am also suffering from sinus in nose from 10 years. please tell the cure for it.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.