Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vanishree NandaYour feedback matters!
I'm 21 year old guy and my problem is I'm having yellow eyes from few months and sometimes it becomes red Is this joundees.
I am facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used ciplox twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
I have red eyes in five days. And very pain in my eyes. I have also elegy in my whole body in some of day. please help me.. What should I do?
I have red eyes last three weeks what should I do and also headache I need your help please give me your suggestion.
I am 19 year old and I am having myopia. I have spectacles but my eyesight drops every 2 to 3 months. Please suggest some cure to control my eyesight.
I have eye sight. What precautions should I take to control my eye sight. What precautions should I take to control night blindness.
Hello! I m 16 years. I have a problem that I m not able to see the far objects. Also I m not able to see the written board in the classroom. Dr. Has prescribed me spectacles. please tell me what should I do rather then using spectacles.
I have been diagnosed a -1 power on both left and right eyes. Is this a very high power I have to worry? Will it get more worst and increase? How to control power not to increase any more. Please suggest.
I have red puffy under eyes from past 8-9 years, so what changes should I bring in my diet and also any external cure for this problem, like any ointment application etc.
I have puffy eyes it so look ugly & old, what ointment or any other medicine to cure puffiness of my eyes, so please suggest me for good result in a few weeks.
I'm a 17 year old. And I'm very very thin. My friends call me as a thin pencil. I wanted to gain my weight what should I do. I also started eating many stuffs that normal people used to say to eat like eating bananas with milk, etc. I ate that for about 2 months but still I can't able to see any change. Please help me Please suggest me what to do I'm just a student of class XII.
Sir I HAVE ONE PROBLEM THAT IS IN THE NIGHT TIMINGS I WAS DIFFICULT TO READ SMALL LETTERS OR NEWS PAPER.
I am 19 year old giving my 12 I slept for 14 hr my eyes expanded what to do I am looking ugly with big eyes.
I am 29 yrs old, I have specks for last 15 years, my current no are 5.5, 6 for far length, how can I reduce my no or which process is better for operation to have a clear vision for long time.
My name is chuntu lal, my wait is very less. As compare to the height. I tried many home medicine. But it didn't helped me please suggest me some thing.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.