Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VandanaYour feedback matters!
Most people with sedentary jobs end up having some severe health ailments in the long run. To be careful is a good idea. Try doing the following exercises while at your desk, to ensure fitness if when you sit all day.
1) calf raises - stand straight next to your desk or a table. Remove your shoes for ankle movement. Pull your heels off the floor, but keep your toes on the ground so that you are on tiptoe. Bring your heel back to the ground. Repeat.
2) leg lifts - sit on your chair with your back straight. Pull your knees towards your desk, so that your toes are raised a few inches from the ground. Hold for some time and bring your feet back to its position. Repeat with one leg at a time.
3) shin flexes - do the opposite of calf raises but while sitting on your chair. Keep your heels firmly on the ground and lift your toes. Bring them back to the ground after a few seconds and repeat.
4) take a break - look in a distance for a couple of minutes and then roll your eyes and turns head at least 10 times. Clear your mind and blink your eyes more often.
5) foot taps - you know how football players tap their feet during warm ups? do that with your feet while sitting on your own chair. Simply tap your feet on the ground, as fast as you can, for about 30 seconds.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
During sex, if sperm is not leaked in pussy or vagina, then also is it chances for girl to get pregnant?
Me and my boyfriend had sex but he didn't cum inside me. Is there any point to worry? Or do I need to take pill?
Before starting out for a walk, relax and take a deep breath and fill your lungs with fresh air which will move them into their most efficient position. After you exhale, maintain the chest in this position with shoulders down and slightly back throughout the walk.
I am 36 year old female. I have heavy bleeding (blood clots) during my periods but no pain or other discomforts. Ultrasound lower abdomen was taken by my gynaecologist and report says" Uterus is bulky. There is a mural hypoechoic lesion (fibroid) on the right lateral aspect in fungal region, This fibroid measures 5.0 x 3.5 x 3.1 cm"- Fibroid uterus. No focal endometrial lesion seen Total endometrial thickness is 9 mm She has asked to come for a review after 3 months. She has suggested that uterus may need to be removed if this fibroid is growing or causing discomforts such as heavy bleeding. I have a heavy hair fall as well. I am scared that I may lose my uterus. Is there any other way to shrink the fibroid. Please help.
A hysterectomy is the removal of the uterus and is often accompanied by the removal of the ovaries. In such cases, women are said to experience surgical menopause. This is because the ovaries are the main producers of estrogen. Surgical menopause is usually more severe than natural menopause as there is a sudden drop in estrogen levels. Estrogen is responsible for a number of functions that affect the brain, bones, skin, heart and blood vessels.
Hormone therapy is often advised to counteract this loss of estrogen.
There are two main types of Hormonetherapy:
- Hormone therapy with estrogen and progestin
- Hormone therapy with only estrogen
The former is advisable for women suffering from surgical menopause. Like any other form of treatment, it has its pros and cons.
- It protects young women from diseases associated with menopause: A hysterectomy is usually performed on women under the age of 50. In such cases, Hormone replacement therapy can protect the women from heart diseases. Removing ovaries before menopause can also increase the risk of Parkinson's disease and dementia.Hormone replacement therapy can help negate these risks.
- Reverse menopausal symptoms: Menopause is associated with a number of symptoms such as vaginal dryness, hot flashes and insomnia. Hormone replacement therapy can help treat these symptoms and give you a better quality of life.
- Other health benefits: Hormone replacement therapy can also help fight osteoporosis and strengthen bones. It is also known to reduce the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Side effects: Hormone replacement therapy interferes with the natural Hormone production. Thus, it can cause a number of problems such as premenstrual syndrome, swollen breasts, headaches and nausea.
- Increased risk of health issues: Though the odds are low, Hormone replacement therapy can increase your risk of having a stroke or heart attack. It has also been suggestively linked to breast cancer and ovarian cancer.
Thus, the choice of whether to have or not to have Hormone replacement therapy after surgical menopause is not easy to make. You must consider factors such as your age, lifestyle, family medical history and habits while making this decision. Do not rush into a decision and take your time. Talk to your doctor about the amount of medication needed and the delivery method most suited to you. Hormone replacement therapy can be taken in the form of pills, a patch, gel, vaginal cream or a slow releasing suppository. This should also be accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes a healthy diet and plenty of exercise.
For those whose occupation is heavy, their calorie intake will be higher than moderate workers. According to “Indian Council of Medical Research” your work makes you burn and find out how many calories you should require daily.
CLASSIFICATION OF ACTIVITIES BASED ON OCCUPATION
Sedentary worker -: Persons who are doing mental work and their physical activity is very less like – Doctors, Lecturers, Receptionist, Bank Officer, Computer Operator etc.
Moderate Worker -: Persons working in the field or market like – Marketing Executive, Reporter, Sales Executive, Student, Police Man etc.
Heavy Worker -: Persons doing physical work like – Artist, Sports Man, Army Officers, Farmer, Stone Cutter, Coolie etc.
Sir I am pregnant. In this time which food is suitable for it? Is any problem will arises due to long journeys? Which type of water is suitable for this time? Which vegetables are good for eating in this time?
I had sex with my gf yesterday without any precaution and she don't want to take any pill what should we do?
I am 25 years old unmarried I hv been suffering frm irregular periods always start frm when I got matured .plz cn you help me out How to balance hormones give me tips.
We both make a relationship in 3rd day of my period. Can I conceive this time as we r trying from last six months because my friend says pregnancy can be if you try 3rd day. Is it possible. please tell the truth.
I have missed my chums for about a week. Have got done urine pregnancy test which was negative. What is the procedure for medical abortion and cost. How I find if there is some other problem or pregnancy?
I am 38 year old. I have been suffering from to heavy and very painful mestrual problem from the beginning. Want to get rid of this problem. Please suggest a solution.
Though it sounds incredible, it has been proved factual and is recommended by several doctors as well. Human health depends mainly on the digestive system.
Drinking ordinary potable water helps clean the gastrointestinal tract and the blood, thereby remove toxins from the body. Thus many of the ailments are cured by practising water therapy.
How to practise?
The method of water therapy is simple, easy and inexpensive. Early in the morning, before attending to any of the morning chores, 5 glasses of water should be taken at one stretch. You may give a short break. Do spot walking for a few minutes and then drink rest of the water. Take necessary precaution against impurities of water. Water should be boiled and cooled if purity is suspected.
For the next 45 minutes to one hour after drinking water, no other beverage or eatable should be taken. After supper one should not have any stimulating beverage or a soft drink.
During the first few days of therapy, one may pass urine 3-4 times within one hour after drinking water. Some may have even loose stools. But in a short period everything comes back to normalcy and symptoms of relief from the disease will be seen.
Person suffering from arthritis and rheumatism should take water therapy three times a day in the first week and thereafter may practise it once in a day. While practising water therapy, water should be taken two hours after meal and not before that.