Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaishnav
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. VaishnavYour feedback matters!
I am 55 yrs old I have a problem with my eyes, the vitreous is detaching so the are a lot of floaters. Can you help? I am suffering from sciatica for the last year, I also have oedema on my right arm due to removal of nodes as I had breast cancer, there is a water retention on my whole body. My husband who is 61 suffers from chronic cold Can you please advise?
Ever faced a nagging low backache that won't go away? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Sciatica is a pain in the lower limb and back due to compression or inflammation of nerves exiting from the lower vertebrae due to disc prolapse/herniation/ protrusion. Discs in vertebrae provide cushioning to the vertebrae during movement. The spinal nerves of the lower limb emerge from both sides and get inflammed due to disc prolapse. Inflammation can be controlled by depositing anti-inflammatory drugs with a non-surgical technique using fluroscopy, called spinal root block. If the disc prolapse is severe it can cause weakness of the lower limb or difficulty in controlling bladder/ bowel movement, surgery is performed to remove offending disc. Many times symptoms dissolve with nerve medications along with physical therapy.
Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine.
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long-term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not overextend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage, you may get at a spa. A massage can be done to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle is located on the sciatic nerve and can trigger sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir, I am 50 years he is suffering from buttock pain since 3 days he is on medication of BP no history of diabetic so please suggest him to get ride of buttock ache I need medicine which is available in medical store.
I have pain in my knees especially when I fold them to sit. I'm 39 years old female and have a daily dose of folic acid, iron and vitamin d (once a week)
Hi Doctor, I am severely getting pain in my buttocks when I am sitting in chair. This is happening for me since few years. Now I am not able to tolerate the pain. I am Male with age 35. Could you please provide any solution for this?
My friend rahul is having back pain regularly. He has visited many doctors, but still doesn't found any remedy. Is there a remedy for this.
I had fallen and have fixed a rod on my leg as bone had broken below knee. Why does swelling occurs if we keep legs down for longer time? I had this operation 3 years ago, still swelling occurs and still that leg feel heavy.
You can do stretching for your back muscles and spine. Use hot fomentation for few days. If pain still persist than contact the physio for further evolution and treatment.
In Ayurveda, joint pain is known as 'Sandhigata Vata'. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata Dosha' Is responsible for joint pains and other discomforts associated with it. Natural remedies and proper lifestyle techniques can be utilized to balance the 'vata' to lessen the occurrence and severity of joint pain. Factors including,old age, obesity, injury and strenuous physical activities (that require a lot of joint movements) are responsible for disturbing the balance of your 'vata'.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Massage therapy: Warm coconut, castor, mustard, olive or garlic oil can be utilized to massage the affected areas to lessen the intensity of pain. If you massage the affected joints with natural oils, it improves blood circulation and relaxes the swelling and stiffness in the region.
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Fenugreek: Ingest a teaspoon of ground fenugreek seeds and drink a glass of lukewarm water. Fenugreek has anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties that make it effective for joint pains.Follow this remedy every morning on a regular basis to achieve optimal results.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Apple cider vinegar: Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and a little honey to a cup of lukewarm water. Drink this solution twice daily, before your meals. Apple cider vinegar has alkalizing effect, which makes it an effective remedy to remove the toxins that are responsible for causing joint pain.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.