Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaishali Shedge
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ShedgeYour feedback matters!
I have been in a relation with a girl from 1.5 year. initially my sex life was quite good and interesting. But as of now she has lost her interest and our sex sessions wil b boring. What might be the reason? The thing is she was in a relation with 3 guys before me. Nearly 8 months with first guy, 3 months each wit other two. I was a virgin wen I got her and v quite loved each other. But now I feel she has lost interest. Is it good to have sex with outsider or not? Im literally attached to her, as she is the first one in my life. I feel like she had enof sex with those guys n I do not always get satisfied. I feel to have sex with others. Help me.
Hormones are responsible for regulating the functions of the body, growth and metabolism. There are a variety of hormones that the endocrine glands secrete, and one of them is insulin. Insulin is responsible for regulating the blood sugar levels in the body. If it’s not produced enough or the body’s capability to absorb it weakens then it can lead to diabetes.
Insulin is also related to metabolism and the storing of fat, insulin breaks down the glucose in the blood to provide energy for the proper functioning of the body. Thus, insulin is an important component in the construction of the body but its dysfunction can cause a series of problems for the body, some very permanent ones like diabetes. Thus, it’s important to know exactly how it functions and not pay heed to the myths surrounding it and base your opinions on hard facts. Here are some common myths regarding insulin, and the facts that you need to know:
- It’s the final step in the treatment: Insulin is not the final step in the treatment, it is made to be so because of the myths surrounding its use. It is actually a wrong conception that people harbour thereby delaying the use of insulin and causing more damage. Controlling the blood sugar level need to begin as soon as possible otherwise, there can be complications since blood sugar, in more than the prescribed amount, is highly toxic to the body. It can lead to heart attacks or even strokes.
- You will gain weight due to insulin: This is partially true but it is not due to insulin use, in fact, it is the because insulin is working for you, your blood sugar levels start to normalize and you gain a bit of transient weight. Abnormal weight loss is usually a sign that you might have diabetes.
- Taking insulin is a sign of defeat: This is the biggest myth that exists and the reason why the treatment with insulin is started late or is delayed. You can take the best care of your body and follow through with all the regimens prescribed to you by your doctor and yet require insulin shots. It depends solely on how damaged the pancreas is and unable to produce the required amount of insulin. The need for medication varies and should not be seen as a sign of defeat.
- Insulin injections are painful: This is absolutely false and a scare tactic that has been employed as an additional negative trait of insulin use. Insulin needles are fine and thin and they are injected into the layer of fat underlining the skin where there are no pain receptors so it is improbable that insulin injections are painful. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am Dr. Ankit Bhartia. I am an orthopedician and i am specialized in orthoscopy and orthoplasty of the knee hip and shoulder. I practice at Sparsh orthopedics and sports injury center on the Sohna Road Gurgaon. Today I will be talking about the ligament injuries.
Ligaments are tough band of tissues which connects to bone. In the knee joint there are four ligaments which stabilize the knee. These are the cruciate ligament and the posterior cruciate ligament which are inside the joint and middle collateral ligament and lateral collateral ligament which are outside the joint. These ligaments can stress or can get torn or in this case or whenever there is injury to the knee. The injury can occur in lot of circumstances. These are landing or jumping in a flexion knee, stopping suddenly during running, twisting the knee over on of slanted foot and direct blow to the knee can cause injury to any of four ligaments of the knee. These injuries are more common in sports persons. Those playing basketball, football, gymnast are all prone to fast injuries. During injury, patient may feel sudden pop or snap sound during the injury and immediately after that patient may feel pain which may be severe to mild and varieties of swelling which can again severe to mild. Patient will not be able to completely select reasoning or extend the knee. He will always have a walkway and it will always be painful and patient will have the feeling of looseness of the joint in the sense that he will be instable during walking or enduring pain climbing stairs from walking on uneven surfaces. Ligament injuries once happens in a patient we will have to consult an orthopedician. The orthopedician will examine the knee thoroughly and guide him for about the diagnosis and treatment.
Partial knee ligament injuries can be treated by conservative ways and the treatment which you will be advised for are rest to the knee joint, ice pack to the compression apparel dressings in the form of the kneecap or say bandage elevation of the knee joint and external bracing or knee support in the form of knee brace to support the knee joint till the ligaments are healed and medications which will be prescribed.
Our analysis and anti-inflammatory medications to reduce the swelling will be prescribed to you and physiotherapy to strengthen knee joint are very important to help in healing of the ligaments and recover to the full extent. Once the knee is completely torn, the completely torn ligament like ACL and PCL does not leave by itself nor it cannot connect be repaired. It can only be reconstructed nowadays.
In the past what has happened is lot of athletes had to leave this post because of this ligament injuries and no successful treatment is available but now a specifically these ligaments can be reconstructed and very small instruction are given and it is all done as quickly where a ligament is taken from one part of the body and is implanted into the injured part and and recovery is possible and return to the activity is guided by physiotherapy. Doctor has some patients recover very fast, some take time to recover so it is a guided process. Within first week you will start and your increase in activity will depend upon your recovery process as such.
How to prevent ligaments of your knee to get injured?
- Very important is to warm up before all activity especially evasive activities, gym and the morning walks etc.
- Another thing is to strengthen your thigh muscles, strengthen your knee muscles is very important apart from strengthening, stretching of the muscles is also equally important.
How to prevent the injuries to the knee?
- Most important thing is to strengthen your knee muscles and to maintain the flexibility apart from extension you need to do stretching of your knee muscle as well.
- Second most important thing is to always warm up before starting any kind of exercise, running, gyming or sports.
- Apart from this you need to take care that you should not start to any of the activity of the knee and you should not even increase the limit of your activity abruptly.
Thank you. To contact me and to consult me, you can contact Lybrate or you can call up at Sarah Orthopedic and Sports Injury Center, Sohna road, Gurgaon.