Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ShedgeYour feedback matters!
I am female 28. I want to make my vagina color lighter. I am using clean and dry intimate wash but no effect. How to make vagina lighter in color.
Dear sir I am having leucorrhea problem since 2 year after my 1st child birth. I have tried many treatment. It treated but when my husband come from traveling and we had sex problem again started please help me sir.
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results.
Related Tip: "Can Your Fridge Make You Sick?"
My wife is 26 years old, her periods comes on 10th may date ,after sex at 16 may ,she take next day a tablet of ipill, then again period 25th may, then check home pregnancy test it is negative and after 1 month and 5 days there is no any symptoms of pregnancy and home pregnancy result will also be negative bt there is problem her periods had not come after 1 month and 5 days. Toady upt test negative, please suggest what do I do now.
I'm female 22 years old. I'm suffering from vaginal itching for five days just after one day I had relation with my male partner 23 years old. Even he experienced redness and red spots on penis. I got examined by a doctor she recommended me candid-b cream and fasigyn tablets. But still I don't know the reason for this occurrence. Please help. Is it any kind of Std or human papilloma virus or something.
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
4. Sterilization - Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants:
5. Condoms - If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they're 98% effective at preventing pregnancy. The best way to make condoms work as well as possible is to use them correctly every single time you have vaginal, oral, and anal sex. That means wearing it the whole time, from start to finish. Make sure the condom is rolled on your penis the right way before there's any skin-to-skin genital contact. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
My wife is 23years old. Last year she became pregnant for the first time. But we had not family planning. So we did abortion. Now she has problem in monthly condition for almost 5/6months. Bleeds less than normal. What should we do?
Dr. I am trying to conceive, all thyroid, ultrasound sound, blood sugar, immunity and haemoglobin levels are normal, however AMH level is high report is 70.4, I need to know the causes of it and is it concerning and will it get cured.
A friend of mine is not having periods nd she is 19 years old, is it ok? What is the average age of girls to have periods. Please suggest some homemade treatment.
Respected sir My wife is pregnant. But she is suffering in HUM. Please tell me what is my next step.
I am a 28 years old woman and have been married for the past one year. We have been trying to conceive but no luck yet, also probably because I have PCOD. Got a follicular study done. It was normal. Got a hormone profile done. All normal. And now this month, I am a week late. I was supposed to get my periods on the 31st. But it did not come. I am cramping like crazy- bad lower abdomen cramps, leg cramps. I am extremely bloated up (people have started to notice) and feel nauseous after eating. I have also had a slight rise in temperature and a constant white discharge. I am also experiencing trouble sleeping and am feeling tired constantly. I tested for pregnancy on the 4th day of my missed period. It came back negative. What is happening to me? I am worried.
Yesterday I had sex with my gf during her first day of menstruation which came 4 days earlier and I ejaculated inside her vagina so is there any chances of getting her pregnant?
I have complete tw0 year of marriage life I have not using any precautions than also my wife can not pregnant and her period is also time to time perfect so suggest me which is the best and perfect time for doing sex for successful pregnancy?
I suffer a lot of pain in my vagina during sex. I am a newly wedded. Doing sex daily. But its so paining. Why its happening. I am so frightened. Pls help me.
Dear sir/madam, how to identify the day of ovulation, is there any test available to identify it. As I have heard that sex on that results in 100 % pregnancy chances, is it true.
My age is 19. At this age, I am looking so fat and also having uterus problem, How to be maintained my fitness and give any redeem solution to my problem.
Hi my sister is having cyst in uterus. She operated bt it comes again. It's size is increasing very fastly. He wants to conceive but she got an abortion.
Drink Cranberry juice to prevent Recurrent Urinary tract Infections.
The metabolites in Cranberry prevents Ecoli. Coli which is responsible for UTI from sticking to other bacteria.