Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali Roy PatankarYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. Greetings for the day! My baby girl birth with cleft palate now she is 4 months old. And I am planning to fit a feeding plate. Now my question is 1. If I fit feeding plate now will it be remove later at the time of surgery, or the same plate will be fixed for permanent. Also she is not gaining weight as ASD and PDA (7mm) was there from birth. Now only PDA (5mm) is there. Kindly suggest how she will gain weight. Birth weight 2.5 kg now she is in between 2.6 to 2.7 kg.
My daughter is 17 month old since last one month she have problem of latrine. She was done not enough latrine at a time.in a day 10 to 15 times she done latrine in very small quantity. Dr.suggest MU Out. Evaque.aristozyme syp. Frora schate but it is not getting positive result. Suggest or diagnose my angels problem.
My child is now completed 6 months. So I want a complete food chart for her. please provide me a chart. thanks.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I have 7yrs old son and he is suffering with adenoid transcle since 3yrs and he is taking prescribed medicines, now doctor advice is to go for surgery. Is it compulsary for the children. Once our doctor said that these transcles will cure automatically when the boy grows. Doubts ------------- 1) if the surgery is necessary how much it cost 2) after the surgery throat is effected or not 3) does it effect the other child.
My son is 8 months old when we try to make him stand while playing he stand on his toes sometime is their any issue?
My baby is 8 month old he doesn't sleep he wakes up in the night in every 1 hour gap and in day also he doesn't sleep well, overall in a day he only sleeps for 6-7 hours. I have started giving him solid food and formula milk apart from breast milk. Please suggest me what to do I am very tensed regarding my baby's growth.
Me Dr Sanjeev Kumar hoon, in Faridabad. Aaj hum baat karenge care of a new born baby.
Ek navjaat shishu kya hota hai?
Ek navjaat shishu wo hota hai jo Pehle 28 dino ka baccha hota hai, use hum navjaat bolte hai.
Navjaat baccho ko hum special kyu kehte hai?
Wo baby ki tendency hoti hai bohot jaldi infection hone ki, bohot jaldi shareer thanda padne ki, aur bohot jaldi unki jaan ko khatra bhi hojata hai.
Jab baccha paida hota hai to sabse pehle bacche ko maa ka doodh pilana chaie. Jab maa apne bacche ko seene se lagati hai tab maa ko is baat ka idea hojata hai ki baccha doodh theek se pee raha hai ya nahi pee raha hai. Aur isi se andaaza lagaya ja sakta hai ki mera baccha theek hai ya nahi hai.
Agar baccha maa ka doodh acche se pee raha hai aur ek bar doodth peene ke baad 2-3 ghante sota hai, 6-7 baar susu karta hai, aur agar bacche ka wazan theek se badh raha hai to iska matlab baccha bilkul theek hai. Aur bacche ki awaaz buland hai jab wo rota hai, iska matlab baccha theek hai.
Lekin agar baccha lazy hai, chidchida pan hai, doodth kam pee raha hai, tatti me khoon araha hai, neela ya peela pad raha hai, safed pad raha hai, iske liye doctor ke paas jana zaruri hai.
Jab maa bacche ko doodh pilati hai, kahi baar maa ko lagta ki mera doodh he nahi aarha hai, ya mere bacche ka pet he nahi bhar raha hai. abse important hai ki agar baccha 6-7 baar aur baccha ek baar doodh peene ke baad 2-3 ghante soe aur uthne ke baad agar baccha buland awaaz me ro raha hai, iska matlab baccha theek hai. Aur agar maa ko lag raha hai ki baccha pet bhar ke doodh nahi pee pa raha hai, tab wo ek kaam kar sakti hai ki jab doodh pilaya aur doodh pilane ke baad agar baccha sota nahi hai, sika matlab hai ki bacche ka pet bhara nahi hai. Iske liye sabse important hai ki maa ko khush rehna hai. Isme husbands ka role bohot important hai, jo ghar ka environment hai wo ekdam theek rehna chaie. Aur maa jab apne bacche ko godd me leti hai to use bhagwan ko thank you bolna chaie ki," thank you bhagwan, tumne mujhe baby diya hai, mujhe doodh bhi dena". Jab maa aisa sochti hai, tab doodh badhta hai. Doodh maa ke stan se nahi brain se paida hota hai.
Agar maa acche se khae aur zada amount me paani peeye, to bacche ke liye doodh aram se ata rahega. Lekin agar fir bhi maa ko lagta hai ki doodh kam ban raha hai, to uske liye ek baar bacche ko doodh seene se laga ke pila de aur fir bhi doodh kam pade to chammach- katori se doodh pilade. Isse dheere dheere maa me doodh badhta jaega aur ooper ke doodh ki requirement bhi kam hojaegi. Bacche ka pet bharne lgega aur baccha fit bhi rahega.
Chote babies ke sath risk hota hai, thanda padne ka. Chote babies Kabhi-Kabhi 40 Degrees temperature me bhi thande pad jate hai. To iske liye sabse zada important hai ki bacche ko head se toe tak cover karke rakhna chaie. Topi zarur pehnani chaie.
Ek maa apne bacche ko touch karke he bata sakti hai ki bacche ko thand lag rahi hai ya nahi lag rahi hai. Agar maa ne bacche ko hath lagaya aur fir apne pet ko hath lagaya, agar dono garam hai, iska matlab baccha ekdam theek hai. Agar hath thanda hai, aur pet garam hai to matlab bacche ko thand lag rahi hai. Aur agar dono thande hai, to baccha serious hai.
Aaj kal sabke ghar me sari facilities hai, air conditioner hai, to aise me bacche ko garam rakhne ka sabse accha tareeka hai ki maa apne bacche ko seene se lgale aur baar baar doodh pilana. Maa ke doodh pilane se, maa ko bohot faede hote hai, jese ki maa ko cancer se bachaav hota hai, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, aur maa emotionally khush rehti hai.
Agar aap is vishay me kuch aur janna chahte hai to aap Lybrate ki website pe jaa kar, login in karke contact kar sakte hai.
My baby girl is of 16 days old. Her weight is 2. 3 kg. And same is during her birth time. How can improve her body weight?
Hello doctors I have one doubt is all vaccines for new born babies available in the government hospital are good in condition compared to provide hospital .plz clear my doubt.
My 6 month baby sometime is head and feet is two hot for few hours after that is normal. Sometimes is hot sometimes is normal. From 12 days .we are giving .axbex .zifi 100. Pyridolo m.of or_100. We had blood test. Is coming infection and homoglen increased. So Dr. said it's ok report is ok it's viral .after 4 days it will and ok. Suggest me should I try another Dr. Or what should I do.
Hi doc My daughter is 11 months old and her weight is 7.4 kg and She passing stool is very hard and that time she's crying a lot so please tell me which type of food and the time not. Preferable for her Her daily routine is 6 am - bf, 8 am- milk with pale biscuit, 10 am-wheat/ragi-water kheer, 12-1 pm khichdi/dal rise between 1 to 4bf ,4 pm- roti with milk 7 pm veg soup/veg khichadi/Apple pure and than bf So please suggest.
He is 1 year 11months. His weight is around 11 kgs. He does not eat properly. Please suggest me diet chart.
Me and my 3 yrs daughter are having cold and cough from more than 2 weeks.. Tried medicines given by doctors. For both of us. Still the situation is the same started pain in ears also with sore throat. i am sure my daughter is also in uncomfortable time. Can any 1 help us both.
Children are more susceptible to health problems as their immunity is still developing and along with frequent infections such as fever or stomach problems, skin problems are a common affliction. Most skin problems within children are a manifestation of the underlying conditions such as allergies or other sicknesses. Some of the common skin allergies and problems are mentioned here.
- Heat Rash or Prickly Heat: This is possibly the most common skin condition that children are generally afflicted by. These are small red bumps on the skin which look like minute pimples. It is caused due to the blockage of the pores and excessive sweating due to hot weather or wearing warm clothes.
- Ringworm: Unlike the name, this condition isn’t actually caused by the infection from a worm. Ringworm is named so due to the ring that forms on the skin which is scaly, inflamed, red in color and can be quite itchy. It is mostly caused by a fungus that lives on the skin. Ringworms are mostly passed through skin to skin contact.
- Chickenpox Rashes: Although there are vaccines that have minimized the occurrence of this disease, it still occurs from time to time. One of the tell-tale signs of this disease are the rashes that may develop all over the body which is accompanied by fever. Although, these may go away, some marks from the rashes may remain and it is important to take care so that they don’t leave any mark behind.
- Eczema: This is another very common skin condition that afflicts many kids and is usually attributed to allergies and asthma. The typical symptoms usually include a patch of raised skin which is inflamed and red. Children often complain about excessive itching and the affected skin tends to be quite dry. Although topical medications are useful, curing or treating the underlying symptoms shows remarkable improvement.
- Impetigo: This is a type of bacterial infection which primarily occurs around the mouth and nose but repeated scratching can spread it around other parts of the body as well. In this condition, red sores or blisters may develop on the skin and then develop a yellow crust which may even ooze fluid sometimes. It is mostly spread by the use of objects such as toys and clothing items or even towels. Antibiotics may be required to treat this condition.
- Allergic reactions or contact dermatitis: Another very common skin problems that affect kids, this occurs as a reaction to certain chemicals such as those found in certain foods, soaps, plants or insects which may either cause a lesion or an inflamed area on the skin. In some cases, it may form blister, although all of these will go away on their own. However, if it persists for more than a week or two or if it is extremely painful, you should immediately take your child to the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.