Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali ChhedaYour feedback matters!
Sir, I will suffer from allergy from dust Its causes Breathing from mouth When I wake up in morning so some brown water in mouth and brown bulgum is coming.
I am suffering from a defect of my jaw called mandibular prognathism or Hasburg's jaw. Is there any way to cure this other than surgery.
Sir my teeth colours has become yellowish, please tell me toothpaste or medicine to become it white.
hi sir Should I go for extraction (4premolar) keeping in mind that it would effect in SSB dental point. Should I consider it a major step! Advice me. please . My teeth are out wards.
I am aged 62, male, and have of late noticed a small rash-like eruption (swelling) inside my mouth, on the left cheek wall. It is hard to touch; no blister. It hurts. There is always an itching sensation outside the affected cheek. Please advise.
I have bleeding from the left side of my lower jaw. The bleeding is always continuing. There is a hole from where it bleeds as I had the tooth over there taken out earlier. Please help.
A file break down in the root part of my teeth during rct can we remove it? N whether it will create any harm?
I am facing mouth ulcer problem continuously since three months. Every ulcer last for 7 days, and 2nd one appear as soon as 1st one disappear. What should i do?
In the recent years, dental problems have been on a mercurial rise. Lack of proper knowledge and awareness (especially in the rural areas) makes the situation even worse. Dental problems can affect anyone, irrespective of their age and sex. Proper measures should be taken to deal with the problem effectively. People should be educated and made aware of the importance of practicing a good oral hygiene and dental care. In this regard, the Dental Public Health Education becomes very important.
As the name suggests, the dental public health work towards educating the people (in rural as well as urban areas) about oral and dental hygiene. It comes up with various campaigns, health camps and awareness programs (mostly government funded) to help people take care of their and their loved one's dental health. The aim of the dental public health work is to reach out to and, in the process, extend help to a wider mass.
In some of the campaigns, the dentists reach out to the children (in schools and colleges) and explain them the importance of a good dental health and the healthy dental practices they need to follow. Few of the initiatives and awareness programs have indeed been of great help to people.
The Dental Public health workers and specialists work on the competencies as directed by the Indian Dental Association, some of which are being mentioned below:
- Organizing and managing oral health campaigns and programs.
- Extensive research to deal with oral health problems of the public.
- Communicate with people regarding the various dental and oral health problems
- Measure the status of oral health through effective surveillance systems.
- Address individual (as well as population) oral health issues effectively.
- Promote and protect public oral health through public health regulations, policy, and legislation.
The Dental public health is thus, a non-clinical speciality, whereby trained and experienced workers works effortlessly to improve the oral health of communities rather than individuals. It is a broader term that touches upon the different aspects of dental and oral health (causes, symptoms, treatment, prevention, and precaution).
Advantages of the Dental Public Health Education:
The dental public health education and workforce are indeed a blessing that comes with a lot of oral health benefits:
- The dental public health (DPH) has helped create awareness, thereby lowering the incidences of tooth decay and plaque formation greatly.
- It has brought about a remarkable improvement in the overall health of the people.
- The DPH has successfully held campaigns and oral health camps in areas that have been left unattended and neglected for long.
- Campaigns organized in schools help children and their families to practice healthy oral hygiene.
- The action is at a community level so that maximum people can benefit from the programs and campaigns. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.