Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vaibhav Kubul
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of Asphyxia
Treatment of COPD
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Persistent Cough
Treatment of Fluid in the chest
Treatment of Occupational Lung Disease
Treatment of Asbestosis
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Breathing Problems
Treatment of Lung DIseases
Submit a review for Dr. Vaibhav KubulYour feedback matters!
I have cough and fever with bodyache. Feeling extremely tired and wants to sleep always. Please suggest what medicines should I take?
In april 2013, at an age of 37, I first experienced asthma, that is not linked to any known allergy. I took 3 kinds of pumps, 10 kinds of tablets and some nasal sprays, all countering the side effect of some other. Frustrated with the fuss and costs, I resorted to homeopathy where the doctor gave me one solution tasting like urine to replace all the conventional medicines. I tried the same for 22 months but the recurrence of coughing cycles didn't subdue. Losing hope, I took an ayurvedic chyawanprash-like medicine from kerala and that too hasn't worked wonders. So far, I don't have much of shortness of breath but coughing, soar throat and sputum production are almost persistent and routine and order of the day. In case there is some sure-shot relief from the symptoms available, please revert as the above is affecting my life adversely in all respects.
Hello doctor .I have been suffering from winter asthma for 5 years. It comes only in winter .doctor gave me romilast 10 and theo asthalin tablets .first few years I had been taking those medicines when attack came. But I heard that it's good to take inhaler than medicine pills. So I am taking normal inhaler asthalin. But its not working good .if I spray 4 times then it works but last for only 4 to 6 hours .please suggest me a steroid inhaler thanks.
Are you suffering from wheezing or recurring symptoms of breathlessness and pressure in the chest? The good news is that these symptoms of asthma can be managed, controlled and relieved by an alternative treatment of Ayurveda.
Here are six Ayurvedic remedies for asthma:
- Diet and nutrition: You should chew your food properly and eat attentively. Avoid over-fullness of the chest and eat a little lesser than your capacity. The following fluid and food items are beneficial to prevent the onset of asthma:
- Green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits
- Onions, as they contain an anti-inflammatory compound called Quercetin
- Tulsi, as it contains therapeutic benefits, which have the power to prevent asthma
- Turmeric and honey as they can minimize nasal acuteness
- Lukewarm water throughout the day
- Ginger and pepper
- Foods to avoid:
- Foods that aid in phlegm formation like too much sugar, pickles, ice cream, curd, cold beverages, etc.
- Spicy and pungent food
- Allergen-rich food like certain meat, fish, chocolate, preservatives, etc.
- Lifestyle changes and daily routine: It is essential to establish a daily routine in order to maintain a balanced bodily rhythm. When we eat, sleep or exercise at the wrong time, our body loses its natural cycle and will not cleanse or heal itself. Therefore, create a daily schedule to do the right things at the right time.
- Stress management: Asthma is often worsened by heightened levels of stress, anxiety and mental fatigue.
- Hormonal changes caused by stress can aggravate the nervous system and depress the immune response.
- Keep stress at bay and prevent asthma by doing some healthy breathing exercises.
- For instance, practice pranayama to keep your lungs healthy and enable a fresh flow of air with its breathing techniques. Identify your trigger points for stress and alleviate them.
- Massage with herbal oil: Soothe and balance your nervous system with naturally herb-induced oils. The herbs present in the oils will penetrate your tissue beds and stabilize the affected areas:
- Massage mustard oil and camphor over the chest and back of the chest to relieve breathing problems.
- Sesame oil can also be applied on the chest.
- Yoga: According to Ayurveda, the accumulation of toxins in the body lead to asthma. An impaired digestion leads to the deposit of mucus or phlegm in the lungs, causing obstruction in breathing. Yoga is a proven remedy for asthma. It aims to have a positive effect on the body’s healing response and also strengthens the body's digestive system.
- Prevent asthmatic triggers: Make it a point to keep your surroundings neat and clean. Keep away from pollutants, dust, smoke, pollen and other medications that can trigger asthma.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!