Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VaibhavYour feedback matters!
I started my period a week back with two to three drop and it stop after that. So is there anything to worry?
I have been having issues to conceive for years now. I did an hormonal profile and HSG test which shows LH 8.52, FHS 5.93, prolactin 5.89, progest 0.65, E2 117.93. Normal uterine cavity with patent Fallopian tube and pelvic& right perifimbrial adhesion.please explain on it?
Is it normal to have difference between two consecutive menstrual cycle period about 50 days? if yes then what may be the cause. and how can it be detected. Say me please Immediately.
Mujhe kabhi kabhi sans lene me bahut hi problem hoti he or me thik se baat bhi nahi kar parehi hu. Kyu ese hora hai mere saath, pls suggest me?
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Dear Sir / madam, How to do sex without protection with wife? How to follow calendar method. Once we ejaculate inside the vagina the seven will be there for four days. I got this from article. So if I do in the 7 th day will she get pregnant.
Hi doctor. I delivered a baby girl 22 days back. She is my second baby n caesarian too. From last night I'm feeling pain internally in stitches and when urine is pass lil bleeding is also there. Im not able to sit to feed the baby. I'm taking body massage from last 12 days too n holding my stomach with cloth tightly in day time. I want to ask is there any problem with internal stitches. Pls help me.
I had one unprotected intercourse and took I pill after that. Thereafter two days later I had another protected intercourse. Both the times there was no ejaculation. But I have delayed my periods for two days now. Can I be pregnant.
Rajma-chawal, red kidney beans are used extensively all over the globe.They are called 'kidney beans' due to their shape which resembles the human kidney. They are one of the tastiest beans and belong to lentils food group. Red kidney beans are known as 'rajma' in India and they form an important part of a vegetarian diet due to their excellent protein content. But the protein they contain is incomplete and they should always be paired with a cereal (carbohydrate) to improve their biological value, in other words, improve the quality of protein.
Nutrition in rajma (Nutritive value per 100g)
Energy - 340 kcals
Protein - 24g
Carbohydrates - 56g
Fat - 1g
Magnesium - 184 mg
Let's have a look at the health benefits of red kidney beans:
Red kidney beans fall into the category of low glycemic index foods and they do not spike the blood glucose levels post meal in diabetics. In other words, they raise the blood glucose levels very slowly. Also, they contain good quality carbohydrates and lean protein which makes them a healthy option. And the cherry on the cake is that they are low in fat too. Also, the two amino acids which regulate insulin levels - arginine and leucine are present abundantly in red kidney beans.
Lowers cholesterol levels
Rajma is a tremendous source of soluble fibre which helps lower cholesterol levels. Soluble fibre forms a gel when it comes in contact with the stomach contents and this binds the cholesterol and prevents its re-absorption back into the system, thus lowering blood cholesterol levels.
Nutritious red kidney beans are also a very good source of potassium and magnesium along with soluble fibre and protein which helps maintain blood pressure within normal range and protects the overall heart health. Potassium and magnesium dilate the blood vessels and arteries thus assuring smooth blood flow.
Help lose weight
These fibre rich beans when consumed, occupy a lot of space in the stomach thus providing a feeling of fullness for a longer period of time and they are low in fat too. This makes it an appropriate pre-workout option as it will provide sustained energy throughout.
Strengthens the immune system
The health benefits of rajma are not just limited to its fibre and protein content as it is full of antioxidants too. These antioxidants boost our immune system and protect it from the harmful effects of free radicals by scavenging them and limiting the damage. Antioxidants are also believed to have anti-ageing properties.
Combine rajma with vegetables in the form of salads or soups to make it more nutritious. Eating red kidney beans every day can become boring or monotonous, here is another interesting way to incorporate it into your daily diet: Red kidney bean flour/powdered beans can be added to wheat flour to make more nutritious chapattis or Indian flat bread, khakra, wraps, chilas, dosas, pancakes, etc.
I have irregular periods after checkup it was PCOs, my weight is 48 kg, I have extreme hairloss problem. Is it some way connected, apart from doing regular exercise what else should I do. I even take flaxseed oil capsules.
Does pre-ejaculatory or precum makes a women pregnant? Precum went inside her vagina, before that I huv ejaculated semen from 5 days please I need a answer.
In ovaluation period is it required to have a daily sex. How to know my partner become conceive and go for pregnancy test.
Sex with cloths on. I was wearing jeans and underwear and girl is wearing underwear and trouser. We did it on 6th of july. On 8th of july she got her period. 1st day spotting, 2nd,3rd day-bleeding with some clots. 4 day also bleed. From 5 day bleeding stops gradually. Can she become pregnant? What is the sign of blood clots? Clots are common in pregnancy or in period?
Infertility is a condition that can be caused due to a variety of reasons, for both males as well as females. Yet, it also comes with plenty of emotional baggage because there is a great deal of social stigma attached to childless parents, especially in the developing countries like India, where we still hold on to traditional thinking which does not really justify modern day realities.
Understanding Infertility in the Developing World: As per medical science, infertility is defined as a problem that is faced by couples who do not manage to conceive even after a year of trying without any birth control measures. In countries like ours, there is a great social stigma that is attached to being childless. As per many studies by the World Health Organization (WHO), about 15% of couples the world over are affected by infertility. Also, such cases go undetected because there is a great social stigma attached to the same. Further, there may be underlying conditions like Tuberculosis which may have been undiagnosed because people do not like to talk to doctors about the symptoms. The main problem in countries like India, and others areas is that people do not open up about such problems and they consider doctors and other medical practitioners as strangers.
Still in the Dark Ages: Even though we have made the transition from an agricultural country where we would pray to the elements and wait for signs for all our everyday activities from harvesting to childbirth, to an industrial country we are still in the dark ages as far as our social setup goes. There are many educated and well-heeled families where being childless is considered as an issue. And many people tend to go to astrologers and temples to change their fate, where a simple visit to a doctor and procedures like IVF, or adoption as the last resort, can also work out.
Infertility Stigma for Males and Females: For an infertile couple, the problem may stem from the male, or the female or both partners. There are still many social stigmas that are attached to this and many people in countries like India tend to call the woman barren, if she is unable to bear a child. In many cases, the male partner does not even go in for a check up as it is not even considered as an option that the problem might lie with him. Male erectile dysfunction, ejaculation problems, and general infertility can cause a range of issues for the couple when it comes to conception. So it is imperative to have the same checked by the doctor so that a sperm test can also be conducted and the treatment can carry on accordingly with the help of IUI or In-vitro fertilization (IVF). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 20 years old female. I have stomach pain in my period days. I take pain relief. Is that right can I take pain relief or it is harmful. What should I do now.
What are the safe days for women's having sex without condom? Is it possible to have safe sex without any pregnancy?
Hello doctor, Meri wife 2 month se pregnent h .but 3 4 din se uske thodi thodi bleeding hui h.please iske baare me btaye.
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen is called Mc Burney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like', which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
- Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
- Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
- Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
- Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain, which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner.
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.