Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My husband had a kidney transplant 14 years back, now since last 4 month, his feet are swollen and now even the legs. His uric acid is 9. 60.
I want to know that my mother is suffering from kidney stone. She have two stone of 12 mm and 19.5 mm. Is this possible to remove these stones through medicine without any surgery. Because in feb my mother had surgery of her uterus and she is 46 years old and from last 2 weeks she is suffering from backache. What should we do.
I am 18 years old and I have bladder problem. Frequent urination happens to me. Is there any cure for it?
While walking or sitting some fluid comes out from my penis daily three or four hours later I urinate and I also pulls out all the urine left in my penis. I also check it with my hands many times it is like lubricant. So I wnt to know that what is the problem &what is the best treatment for it. Thank you.
I go to morning walk daily these days I am facing constipation problem I don't eat junk and oily food but I am facing constipation problem I get free motion but I am going more than four times consulted doctor but no use and frequent urination also age 25 male please say something to get rid off this.
I am a boy of 23 years old. After finish toilet my toilet, a viscous fluid flow from that place. This is happening some time approx after 3 or 4 days. Please resolve this problem sir/mam.
Dear sir, I am a 55 years old male and have been suffering from pain after passing urine. I have consulted the Urologist and the ultra sound and urine culture examination done. There is no problem of prostrate and infection. Along with this I also feel pain in the anus. For this I have also consulted Gastroenterology, Colon endoscopy has been done which shows no piles and cancer. Kindly suggest me a suitable remedy.
How to maintain the stones in the kidney generally all mens have stones but how to save yourself from unusual pain?
I have a 3.1 mm stone in lower ureter, will it pass its own? My doc told, I can wait 7 more days then surgery.
My 5 years old son is suffering from Nephrotic Syndrome. Is there any other medication other than Steroid?
This question is on behalf of my brother aged 73 years He is having urinary problem. The problem is his urge is every two hours in the day time. In the night time when he retires to bed it gets accumulated and after say four or five hours he feels uneasiness in his stomach. The discharge is also very slow and it takes nearly 5 to 10 minutes to discharge the entire He takes the following tables on the advice of his Son is in Australia. But does not find much relief or cure The tablet is Total Prostate by Webber Naturals Product of Canada Please inform whether this is due to suspected prostate. If so what is the treatment that you will suggest. He also says his in take is poor nowadays who is a pure vegetarian.
I am 3rd week pregnancy. I am going to urine 10to 12 times a day. Is it good or bad. N which side I should sleep. What should I take for healthy baby.
I am suffering from urination problem. I have to go for urination 10 times at a night. What can I do?
I am from pune india. I had lot of pain in abdomen and back on right side and doctor asked sonography. Done twice in the interval of 1 days The second test report as under slight improvement in right renal obstructive changes. Right kidney still shows mild fulness of calyceal system. Mm calculus still noted in right lower ureter. Both kidney shows calyceal calculi oc about 23 mms. No fresh lesion noted. I am advised to take tamiflow 0. 4 mg. Kindly advise. What type of stone I had and what care/diet I shall take and how many days it will take to go the stone. Where it will be painful during slipping of stone. Thanks.
I am feeling discomfort on the penis when I get my bladder full and also during urination apart from getting woken up 2 to 3 times during midnights affecting my sleep.
You're said to suffer from the problem of acute kidney failure if your kidneys suddenly stop working and lose their ability to eliminate waste materials including excess fluids and salts from the blood. The condition usually develops quickly over a few days or even a few hours. When this happens, waste materials accumulate in your blood, disrupting the chemical balance of your bloodstream.
So, what causes this problem?
Acute kidney failure can occur because of any one of these reasons:
1. A drop or slowdown of blood flow to the kidneys - Adequate blood circulation to the kidneys is of great importance as without it the kidneys may end malfunctioning. If blood flow to the kidney is hampered, a part of or the entire kidney may die. You may suffer from acute kidney failure if blood flow to the kidneys gets impaired due to conditions like
- Heavy blood loss
- Sepsis (body's inflammatory reaction to an infection, which can bring about organ failure, tissue damage, and death)
- Use of certain drugs
- Heart disease
2. Urinary obstructions - A sudden blockage that hampers your kidney's ability to eliminate urine can also bring about acute kidney failure. When this happens, it leads to a build up of toxins in the body, causing an overload of the kidneys. Conditions that bring about this urinary obstruction include:
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney stones
- Enlarged prostate
- Prostate cancer
3. Disease within the kidneys - Even instances of clotting within the blood vessels of the kidneys can lead to acute kidney failure. This is because if the movement of blood cells within the blood vessels gets hampered, kidneys are not able to filter out toxins from the body. The conditions and diseases that may cause clotting, and subsequently damage to the kidneys include:
- Scleroderma (an autoimmune disease that affects connective tissues and skin)
- Build-up of cholesterol deposits
- Glomerulonephritis (an inflammatory condition of the kidney's ball-shaped structures called glomeruli)
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome (a condition that occurs due to untimely death of red blood cells)
- Lupus (a disorder of the body's immune system that brings about damage to the body's own organs and tissues)
Related Tip: The Ideal Diet after a Kidney Transplant