Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V T Khithani
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V T KhithaniYour feedback matters!
I never had dark circles. But from last week I'm experiencing them. They are never gone. Light in the morning and dark at night. What are the causes and preventions.
I am 21year. My skin is fear but not so glossy. I have deep dark circles around eye. Please give some advice.
Hello doc. I am 31 now and I have a problem of under eye dark circles itz visible very dark though I sleep for 6 hrs a day and eating regularly quite good but still have this problem from 2 years and have a 1 year old baby had sleepless nights few days is its becoz of that problem or please suggest me any good creams or any remedies.
I have pilonidal cyst since 4 days I have seen to doctor they gave me option surgery or medicine I take medicine after 1 day taking medicine I am facing pus and blood come out from that cyst so I am thinking that is it curing or should I consult doctor again about this situation?
My age 25 I am un married my face look aged 35 plus my face very black and my neck also black but body colour fair please tell me any medicine available that medicines in rajahmundry in andhra pradesh.
Its almost 3-4 years now, I feel severe burning sensation on my hands & feet. The problem increases during summer. What should I do? Is there any home remedy?
I am 20 years old .I also use spectacles. I have under eye circle and hollowness under eyes. .How to remove these dark circles and hollowness under eyes. please sir give me your email id so that I can send photos of the affected areas and.
Feeling acidic after eating a heavy meal can often make you regret those last few morsels. This acidic sensation is known as acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease, better known as GERD. GERD occurs when the functioning of the lower oesophagus muscles is restricted. This makes the undigested food in the stomach and stomach acids leak back into the oesophagus.
Thankfully, this is not something you have to live with and a few simple lifestyle changes can help resolve the situation.
- Do not lie down after eating: When your body is in a horizontal position, there are higher chances of food being regurgitated into the oesophagus. To avoid this, finish your meals at least 3 hours before going to bed. Sit upright while eating and do not lie down or slouch immediately after eating. This gives the food time to be digested and move out of the stomach.
- Limit your food intake: Overeating is one of the most common triggers of GERD. Cutting down your portion sizes can instantly reduce the number of GERD occurrences. Instead of eating large, heavy meals, shorten the duration between meals and have more frequent small meals.
- Avoid foods that trigger acidity: With time, you will soon realise which types of foods trigger an acidic reaction. Some common triggers are onions, peppermint, caffeine, citrus fruits etc. Keeping a diary can help identify such foods and ease your problem.
- Quit Smoking: Nicotine not only harms your lungs, but can affect your digestive system as well. It is responsible for weakening the muscles that control the opening between the stomach and oesophagus. This allows stomach acids and food from the stomach to re-enter the oesophagus. Alcohol can also worsen GERD symptoms and hence it is better to avoid alcohol is you suffer from frequent bouts of acid reflux.
- Lose weight: Overeating, obesity and acid reflux go hand in hand. Being overweight can put extra pressure on your stomach and abdomen, thus pushing food and gastric juices into the oesophagus. Losing this extra weight should effectively resolve your acid reflux problem if you are overweight.
- Look at your medications: Some types of medication too can cause acid reflux by interfering with the digestive system and irritating the oesophagus. These types of medication include blood pressure medication, asthma medication, Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, bisphosphonates, sedatives and painkillers. Do not simply stop taking these medications, but talk to a doctor about replacing them with something else.