Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V T KhithaniYour feedback matters!
I am whitish skin tone type boy. My seen is darken by sunlight. I want to be fair. I used fair screen cream. Please suggest me the treatment for fair look. Thank you.
I have a dark or pregnancy mark on my face. What is the best cream to apply for it. I refer in cutis hospital in Bangalore however no result came. Please suggest!
Sir I am 32 years female I had very little freckles but after applying hydroquinone cream prescribed by dermatologist it started getting more and spreading. please suggest something. Will it get cure.
MY face is very oily. I meet many doctors but give NO solution. So please give me a best solution my face.
As we age, our skin also ages with us. This shows up in the form of fine lines and also in form of sagging skin. Why does this happen? Any skin specialist or cosmetic surgeon will tell you that the skin begins to lose its elasticity as we age because of the loss or reduction of collagen production. Collagen is the substance produced by the skin, which gives it a tight and supple appearance. As we age, this substance begins to diminish.
The signs of this may show up on our face as well as our hands. Many times, we use anti-ageing creams and treatments for our skin and even the neck, but we end up neglecting our hands, which may sag and get wrinkly with age. Yet, there are also other causes which may lead to sweating and arthritis, that can lead to a less than ideal appearance when it comes to our hands.
Causes: A dull and saggy appearance of the hands may be due to reasons, such as ageing, as discussed above, or other causes like excessive sweating and even arthritis. These conditions come with their share of symptoms and pain. Excessive sweating of the palms and hands can lead to problems in the social and physical sphere and this condition is usually treated by a doctor. This is a condition known as Palmar Hyperhidrosis. Also, arthritis can lead to excessive pain and less motion in the hands and fingers, which can also make the skin of this area wrinkle and sag.
So let us find out, if Botox is the solution for these problems
Botox for Sagging Skin of the Hands: Derma fillers and Botox injections can help in eliminating the fine lines and preventing the onset of wrinkles and sagging skin. These can be applied to hands in two batches. A few units of Botox for each hand will give it a more smooth appearance.
Botox for Sweaty palms: In case you are suffering from Palmar Hyperhidrosis, the doctor may also suggest a Botox injection which can reduce sweating. The effects of this injection will usually last for about six months. There may be some amount of discomfort after the injection has been administered and you will need professional medical help in this regard.
Botox for Arthritis: Apart from the excessive pain, arthritis in this part of the body can also leave the skin and hands looking severely affected and old. These injections can be used as an effective treatment for arthritis of the hands, the shoulders and other smaller joints, as per many medical reports. One can also turn to injections containing Dysport and Myobloc, for this purpose. It may also improve the functionality of the hand.
I am a dark skinned girl. My father is dark. But my mother have fair skin. I am also medium skin color in childhood. But after 10 year I turn to dark skin. What can I do for lightening my skin? How can I get fairer tone. Please give me a useful answer.
My skin get dull during winters. Is there any solution as it looks very dull and ugly. Please help me out of this.
Dear sir I am having rashes in my head. I am using ketoconazole shampoo for it but the problem persists after every 15 days. What to do.
I have a skin problem of severe neck and forehead darkening. I think that my neck and forehead skin is dead. What should I do to cure the problem?
I am a 22 yers old college student, and the skin on my hands and on my neck has become very dry, itchy and blotchy for the past weeks. What should I do now?
Actually I search on the internet that apply honey, milk and lemon juice together work great on skin but my question is how many time should I apply this face pack in a week for better result and can I apply this pack on winter season (because I think lemon should be used in summer for oily skin)?
The skin on your body is an important organ which also has many important functions such as regulating the body temperature through perspiration, allowing you to touch and feel the world around us. The skin is a supple organ with folds and variations and different levels of thickness. To maintain its health, it is very important to keep it properly hydrated. Let’s look at a few ways that can be done naturally:
- Moisturize: This is an important step that many don’t follow and it is a very important part of skin care. Moisturizing is necessary in both dry and wet climates. What you need to be aware of is to change the type of moisturizer from season to season. It is better to moisturize with a lighter lotion and less often during summers while the winters would require a heavier lotion with increased frequency.
- Use humidifiers during the dry seasons: Many people may miss this trick, but it is a good idea to run a humidifier within the room during the dry seasons as it helps you to breathe better as well as keeps your skin hydrated. Also, when sleeping in air conditioned rooms, it is a good idea to run a humidifier to ensure that the cold air doesn’t dehydrate your skin.
- Stop taking hot showers for too long: This is another common reason for dry skin. Taking hot showers for extended periods of time will rob your skin of its natural moisturizers and result in dry, scaly skin. Too long and hot showers will strip the skin of its essential oils and thus result in it becoming scaly and dry. Preferably, take shorter and colder showers.
- Change lifestyle habits: One of the greatest disruptors of skin health are bad habits, such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol and sun damage. Ensure that you have enough protection from the sun to stop sun damage. Smoking and alcohol both dry out our skin and thus result in you looking older as well as developing more wrinkles. Give up smoking and try to limit alcohol consumption to limited quantities.
- Exercise: Many of the skin related woes occur due to the lack of physical movement, which results in underlying conditions. These underlying conditions may not only cause the skin quality to deteriorate, but will also result in it being dry. It is important to exercise to keep the internal regulatory systems in best condition and keep the skin hydrated.
If you wish to discuss about any specific skin related problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.