Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V M TannaYour feedback matters!
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
Last period date june 1st Unprotected sex 19 june Ipill taken on 19th evening Will I be pregnant? Worried and feeling tensed.
I am 27 and my husband is 28 yrs. From last one year I had aborted 2 times. 1st pregnancy at 7 weeks due to bleeding. 2nd one at 4th month due to a birth defect of baby seen in ultrasound. Defect is anencephaly. Now took gap of 6 months after abortion. We are planning for pregnancy also I am taking folic acid (mcbm-69. Recently I have done Torch test and APL test. In that it seems for Rubella-IgG 4.72 OD ratio I have and for Rubella-IgM I have 1.74 OD Ratio. Pls help me do I have Rubella infection or I am immune to Rubella. Reference range is: Negative: <=0.90 Equivocal: 0.91 - 1.10 Positive: >= 1.11 Positive means do I have infection.
We have ultrasound on 5 March 2016. It shows single live intrauterine pregnancy of 19 weeks 6 days cephalic presentation. So my question is that what can be estimate conception date?
I am 22 years old female, I missed the periods 12 days before today is 13th day and I checked through pregnancy test kit as it came positive. As I'm very young I don't need pregnancy. Will you please prescribe any medicine for my abortion.
I had unprotected sex quite a lot times this month. My periods date were due on 13th Dec. But I am a week late. I took the home. Pregnancy test three times and it's negative. But still there's no sign of periods. Could I be pregnant?
Good evening Mam, I have irregular periods like every two months sometimes it's for 6 months my problem is that I have burning sensation in my vaginal Trac from 6 months what is the problem I don't understand and it causing me very problematic and while periods time also I have full pain in my abdomen full bleeding what to do mam.
Doctor, I'm 17 years old. I'm 6 weeks pregnant. I want to terminate my pregnancy. So I took 1 mifepristone of 200 mg on 16th July at 7: 45 pm. I started to bleed on 17th July at 7: 30 pm. On 17th July at 8: 50 pm I took 4 misoprostol of 200 mcg each. I took it by placing in my cheeks for 30 min. Then after 20-25 min I vomited. I even got fever on the same day. At midnight I got a little Big clot which was usually bigger than the normal small clots. Now I'm not bleeding. My bleeding has stopped within a week. So now Wat should I do? Is my pregnancy terminated? Can I have pregnancy test on Monday? Is there any need to have an ultrasound? Please help. I can't afford going to a hospital.
I have missed miscarriage two time. And I do all report before pregnancy and after it. So I i want know what is ANA? ANA test is positive. Is good or bad? Also torch profile: rubella igG :0.326.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduces risk of stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Struggling with Weight loss? Try Eggs for Breakfast!
PILLOWS AND MATRESSES.
“My neck pain started two days ago, Immediately I removed my pillow”
This is the very usual dialogue that I hear in my daily practice from my patients who are suffering from neck pain. Is pillow that important factor in causing neck pain or in relieving neck pain?? Let us know the facts.
Neck pain can be caused because of various reasons. Poor neck posture is one of the reasons for neck pain. So, what should be your sleeping posture? How can a pillow alter your normal sleeping posture?
Body needs rest and sleep gives our body rest so that body and mind work efficiently. It is very important that we maintain a normal sleeping posture so that muscles also get rest.
- Spine has to be straight
- Neck has to be in line with the body.
- It is better to avoid sleeping on tummy, as you will be forced to turn your neck to one side to facilitate breathing. Whole length of your sleep is spent with the neck turned to one side, out of alignment with the body, forcing the brain to sense something wrong and you wake up with a stiff neck. Pillow has no role here!!!
So, what kind of pillow can be used?
- Pillow can neither be too hard as it doesn’t absorb the shock/ weight of head, nor it can be too soft as the weight of the head can depress the pillow down and might take neck too low than body.
- Ideally the pillow has to regain its original shape faster once you wake up from lying position. If a pillow takes too long to come back to its original shape or doesn’t come at all or remains in the same shape, its time for you to change your pillow.
- If you are lying on your back, its better to use a thin pillow which supports your head and neck. Please do not use a thick pillow in this position, as it may raise or bring your head and neck forward or higher than body causing stress to your spine.
Not using a pillow when you lie down in this position can take your neck backwards and might cause trouble breathing.
Recommended to use a thin/ lighter pillow when you lie down on your back.
- If you are lying on your side (right or left), its better to go with a thicker pillow. Ideally the pillow should be as thick as the distance between your shoulder and neck, so that when you lie down on your side the neck doesn’t go down or go up and stays in line with the body. Pillow has to be used!!
Recommended to use a thicker pillow when lying on side.
Pillow is not a major cause of neck pain. Its always better to use a pillow than not using at all. Removing the pillow the moment neck pain starts is definitely not a good solution for your neck pain. Chose the right pillow and more importantly consult your Physiotherapist.
As with the pillow for neck pain, mattress is not a major cause for back pain.
- Mattress should not be too hard, should not be too soft either.
- If it is too soft, the broader areas of our body like the hips and shoulders, might press the mattress down thereby reducing the support for other body parts, which strains them as they do not get proper support.
- If its too hard, the mattress wont be able to support the various natural curvatures of our body (broader and narrower areas), forcing the muscles to work more and get strained.
- Its better to change a sacked mattress or too depressed mattress.
- Mattress should be uniform in contour.
- Lying bare on floor wont work!!!!
And more importantly consult your Physiotherapist for back related issues.
Have a pain free life…..
Hi, I am conceived actually, I did check today itself but not ready for it right now. Want to abort. So any suggestions without facing any problems in future.
I heard option 72 pill Avoid pregnancy for up to three years? If it is the case if I take option 72 I don't get pregnancy for next 3 years? Also could you pls suggest best pill to avoid pregnancy for next 2 years.
My wife facing too much problem on her period she has too mch pain in her stomach and her periods are not periodically come.
If you can't read it then why eat it. Don't you at times feel everything written on the package food is beyond your understanding. If yes and you can't understand anything just leave it.
If the things written resembles name of a food go ahead, if you feel more like chemicals just throw it away.
Wake up guys before its too late.
My period missed two days I have lifted few heavy things right now I am having a bit pain in stomach not in the lower side but the upper side. Kindly advice soon.
Diet during ramadan:
Suhoor (early morning meal before fast):
1. Recommend oats/barley/quinoa/ muesli/ whole wheat chapati which will give energy throughout the day as they are complex carbs
2. Include some good quality protien too along with carbs like eggs/ tofu/ paneer/ nuts etc
3. Can sprinkle chia seeds, flaxseeds over oats/muesli to get good fats
Iftaar (breaking fast):
- Break fast with water and 3-4 pc's of dates which gives instant energy followed by a bowl of fruit or vegetable soup (can add some pc's of chicken or lentils) to gradually start digestive system to work.
- Then it should be followed by dinner which should be ideally after 1-2 hr of breaking fast. Dinner should be balanced with a blend of complex carbs, good protien and healthy fats.
- Preferred to avoid refined oily fried foods as they can hamper digestion and cause acidity.
- Diet should be rich in fibre as constipation is a common problem during this time.
- Should drink lots of water throughout the day.