Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I have missed the periods in this month. I realised that my abdomen and breast are increased and some pimples cakes on my face. please tell me what is happening and what should I solve my problems.
When are the chances of get pregnent more during a month? how a women can know when egg generate in overy? what are the symptoms one can know that she is pregnant?
I am 12 years old. From three months back I started periods (mensuration) few time back. I have very less periods only for one day. But now for few days, I am having a large amount of white discharge coming out fro my vaginal part. So I ask you to recommend me a solution to this problem and what should I do &to whom consult. Thanks.
Hye. I am 28 yrs old married woman. We are trying for a baby from last 2 years. Our all reports are normal. I need to ask about ivf treatment. What is this and how much it will cost if we want to go for it.
Knee replacement is a procedure where the weight-carrying surfaces of knee joint are replaced surgically to ease the pain or any disability. People suffering from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis undergo knee replacement. All these conditions revolve around stiffness and painful knee. This surgery is usually performed on people aged over 50.
Knee replacement is mainly of two main types:
- Total knee replacement where both the sides of knee joints are replaced
- Partial knee replacement where only single side of the joint is replaced
Procedure: In case of partial knee replacement with minimal invasion, a smaller incision, which is 3 to 5 inches, is required. This leads to minimal tissue damage and the surgeon can work between the fibres of the quadriceps muscles. Here, an incision through the tendon is not required. This may result in less pain, recovery time is reduced, and motion is better as scar tissue formation is less.
In total knee replacement, four steps are performed:
- Removal of damaged cartilage surfaces, which is at the ends of the femur and tibia, with a small quantity of underlying bone.
- Replacement with metal components, which help as a recreated surface of the joint
- Incision of knee cap with a resurface made of a plastic button, which is optional based on the case
- Insertion of a medical grade plastic spacer amid the metal components. This creates an effortless gliding surface.
After general or spinal anaesthesia, an incision of 8-12 inches is made in the front part of the knee. Joint part which is damaged is removed from the surface of the bones. The surfaces are then formed in a way to hold a metal or plastic artificial joint. The thigh bone shin as well as knee cap is attached to the artificial joint with either cement or a special material.
After Effects of the Procedure: After the surgery, patients may stay in a hospital for three to five days. Post surgery, notable improvement can be seen after a month or later. The patient is gradually relieved from pain with the construction of new gliding surface during surgery.
There will be slow progress in the movement. In the beginning, one may walk with a support of parallel bars and then with the help of crutches, walker, or cane. After full recovery in about six weeks, people can enjoy normal activities except running or jumping.
Presently, over 90% of total knee replacements function well even after 15 years of surgery. Hence, knee problem is no problem at all!
Suppose if the last periods date is 02/11/15. Then is it possible to take pills like suvida after 20 days to postpone menstrual cycle?
My wife is just in menopause. If the sperm is discharged inside the vagina at the time of intercourse is there are any possibility of pregnancy?
Hi sir/mam Today is my 10th day of my missed period nd I got positive result but I'm feeling like watery white discharge? Why and what is the problem? To control what I should do plzz help me.
I am 28 years old. I had unsafe sex so I took pills whenever we did. Although I never took the pill before so wasn't sure about its side effect if there are any. And unfortunately the number of taking that pill somehow increased. Which was an very Unmattured behavior of mine. Now my period date which was 19th it did started I saw blood stains I did bleed but not the way it use to happen. It was very less it's been 8 days now I can still see the blood stain but am not sure what's the problem. I hope m not pregnant I also have itchiness so not sure what to do. Kindly help.
Hi Doctor, My friend had sex with his girlfriend (20) before two weeks. And she missed her period which was supposed to happen before 21/22nd of this month. Today morning they did the pregnancy test and the result was negative. But since she her period, they are still very much worried about the pregnancy. Could you please advice on this.
Hi I missed my periods by 20 days and my periods are regular this is the first time I missed my period, on 14th sept I have taken ipill and on 15th sept I have taken unwanted 72 and my period date was 23 sept and today is 12 oct and I am not getting periods yet and I have taken home pregnancy test twice which was negative could you please tell me what may the reason of not having periods yet?
I have a irregular periods. My FSH level is 5.0mIU/ml and my LH level is 7.1 mIU/ml and I am not over weight. I consult a doctor and she said the lean pcos is formed now. So tel me what treatment is I wil preferred. Ayurveda or allopathy.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
- Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
- Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
- Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the childbearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
- Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
- Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
- Treatment: Non steroid, anti-inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.