Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V M TannaYour feedback matters!
Youth is something which is associated with vibrancy and grace. It can be said that over the course of time, there is a big impact on one’s youth. No matter how much vibrancy a woman may retain as she ages, her youthful looks are often at the receiving end of time’s cruelty. But, of course, it does not always have to be that way, especially if a woman is willing to try out fillers!
Fillers are a very effective way to make a woman look younger and they are also very safe, as long as a person who is experienced is the one who is administering them. They are injections which contain a variety of components. One of the major ones happens to be Hyaluronic Acid. While this may seem to be just another name of a chemical to most people, it is very important as it is naturally present in everybody.
In fact, it is a sugar which has a pretty big part to play in terms of the volume of the skin and its condition. Over time, the elasticity of the skin and how well it covers the underlying tissues reduce. When a dermal filler is injected, it provides a boost of this sugar, which helps fight off the effect of ageing, and quite successfully so.
The material that is injected through dermal filler is absorbed over the course of some months by the body. As a result of this, it is true that a person who has chosen dermal fillers to look younger will face a need to have this procedure done again every 10 months to a year. However, judging by the radically beneficial impact that shows almost immediately on the face, it can be said that going through the process again is something that a woman who has had dermal fillers before will think is surely worth it!
One of the biggest advantages of dermal fillers is the low risk factor associated with it, unlike other methods. It is considerably safer than surgeries, which can have their own potential complications and also have longer recovery times. Apart from waiting for some swelling to subside, there is negligible recovery time for dermal fillers. When there is so much in favour of it, why not give dermal fillers a shot? They not only fill one’s face, but also fills one with the exuberance that comes with looking younger! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
She has conceived last time and had miscarriage after 2 months. Later when tested she had thyroid stimulating hormone. After treatment now she is okay, and taking tablets continuously. After receiving advice, we tried once, and after the normal cycle after 2 days she got her periods. Kindly advise.
Hello doctor I am 7th month pregnant and my stomach have stretch mark and itching in stretch mark what I do for this?
However, for athletes or anyone interested in being physically active on a regular basis, there may be concerns about getting adequate nutrients such as protein to fuel performance and build muscle.
Since vegetarians consume more plant foods on a regular basis, the absorption of several nutrients may be reduced
If you are a vegetarian, READ on for some advice on getting the balance right and for directions on potential vitamin and mineral deficiencies to look out.
a) Protein is important for building and keeping muscles and red blood cells healthy. Sources of protein include:
*soy and soy products like tofu, tempeh and fortified soy beverages
dried beans (kidney, black and white beans),
*peas (chickpeas and black-eyed peas) and lentils (red, brown and green lentils)
*grains (quinoa, brown rice, bulgur and oatmeal)
*nuts, nut butters (hazelnuts and almond butter) and seeds (sesame and sunflower)
*peanuts and peanut butter.
a) Iron helps carry oxygen to different parts of the body.
b) Vegans need about twice as much dietary iron as non-vegetarians because the iron from plant foods (non-heme iron) isn’t as well absorbed as the iron from animal foods (heme iron).
*some nuts and seeds like cashews, almonds, pumpkin and sesame seeds
* prune juice and dried apricots
*vegetables like cooked spinach, kale and potatoes with their skins
* black strap molasses.
d) Caution :
* Iron from vegetarian sources is better absorbed when eaten with vitamin-C rich foods.
* Also remember some produce such as caffeine can inhibit iron absorption. So try and delay that after after-dinner coffee for at least 30 minutes.
3) Vitamin B2
a) It is responsible for a range of bodily functions such as maintaining healthy eyes, skin, and nervous system.
b) sources: most cereals, mushrooms, milk, pumpkin, sesame seeds, and wheat germ
* It is also vital for iron absorption and the development of red blood cells and anabolic reactions in the body. .
4) Vitamin D
a) Vitamin D helps the body to absorb and use calcium and phosphorus for strong bones and teeth.
b) Sources of vitamin D include: The recommended daily amount is approximately 10 micrograms and can be found in: soya milk, butter, eggs, soya cheeses, yoghurt.
c) It is also well-known that we can absorb vitamin D from the rays of the sun. Gain sufficient ‘lux’ from natural light on a daily basis.
a) helps bones to grow and stay healthy. It also helps muscles to contract, including making the heart beat.
b) sources: protein rich soya milk, yoghurts and cheeses.
*Other good calcium sources include nuts, seeds, figs, rhubarb and a range of beans.
*soy yogurt, fortified soy beverages and other fortified non-dairy beverages like rice and almond beverage
a) Zinc is needed for growth and development. It also helps strengthen the immune system and heal wounds.
*pulses, wheat germ, whole grains,fortified cereals and whole wheat bread
*some nuts like pecans and cashews and their butters like cashew butter
*peanuts and peanut butter
*pumpkin seeds and sesame seed butter (tahini).
7) Omega-3 fats
a) important for eye, nerve and brain development and are helpful in preventing heart disease.
*oils like canola, flaxseed, walnut and soybean
*soybeans, tofu and walnuts.
8) Vitamin B12
a) plays a role in boosting immune function.
b) You only need to find a few micrograms on a daily basis in order to get sufficient vitamin B12.
c) Sources: soya milk, cheeses, yeast extract, vegetable stock and yoghurts.
I an 32 years old and married. I have irregular periods. It take 2 to 3 months. I was told told by a doctor that I have cyst on my ovary 3 years back. I am mom of a baby girl 5 years old but still I have same problem. What will be solution to regularise my periods?
I am a 19 year old girl, I always have mensuration with gaps of say 2-3 months. I just wanted to make sure whether this late cycle will create any problem in future or is it fine? if its not fine then please suggest me a way to prevent the problem.
Hi I have a problem of irregular periods. Note that I have habit of eating slate pencil. Please solve my problem.
Hi I have pcod multiple cysts on ovaries. I have been using geocysts tablets & gycon syrup for past 50 days and its been 70 days that I got my last period. And I am also trying for pregnancy. Negative pregnancy test last week. My height is nearly 5. Weight 50. Age 26. My stomach is bloating and having on & off pains. Please suggest me. Im sooo confused wat to do. How can I get pregnancy soon?
We r trying to conceive bt my periods come early n first two days one spot is noted after two days I get regular bleeding what date to I consider for periods for eg I got my period on 28 only one spot noted n 30 I got regular bleeding I can't get date for ovulation? please help?
Copper is found to have many intrinsic properties that are good for your health. It is highly beneficial to store water in a copper cup overnight and drink from it as soon as you wake up.
Some of the benefits of drinking from a copper cup are:
1) Aids digestive functions - Copper has inherent properties that help in the process of digestion. It stimulates the uniform contraction and relaxation of the stomach that eases digestion and helps the food move along the digestive tract. Moreover, it helps to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation in the stomach. Copper also contains properties that help cleanse and detoxify your stomach, aiding and regulating the function of the kidneys and liver.
2) Weight loss - Drinking water from a copper cup on a regular basis can help you shed weight. Copper helps in breaking down fat and also helps to eliminate it efficiently out of the body. Thus, it helps your body to keep whatever it requires and discards the rest.
3) Heals wounds - Copper is also known to possess antibacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Due to these properties, it serves to quickly heal both internal and external wounds, while strengthening your immune system.
4) Slows the aging process - The natural remedy for the fine lines on your face might be copper. Rich in anti-oxidants, it helps to fight free radicals, bringing about the formation of new cells. Regularly using copper cups can also give a radiant glow to your face.
5) Helps to prevent heart diseases and cancer - Copper is an effective remedy to prevent the risks of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. According to studies, copper has been found to regulate heart rate, blood pressure and also aids in drastically reducing a person's cholesterol level, leading to improved cardiovascular health. Certain studies have found that copper has anti-cancer effects but the exact mechanism for such a process is still unknown.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My wife suffering from leg pain during her periods time, only right leg, I gave pain tablet combiflame ok control, but again start next day. What I do next?
My girlfriend had a medical abortion a month back. Though it was successful, now she used to have pain in lower abdomen once in a while. Also, it has become very painful for her to hold her bladder. Is it normal after the pill? What should be done now. We haven't done ultrasound after the abortion. Please advice.
Appendicitis is a chronic or acute medical condition where the appendix gets inflamed and causes severe pain. If left untreated, the condition can prove to be fatal. The appendix is a small tube shaped sac at the end of the large intestine. In humans, it is typically not known to have any functional value although some studies suggest that it helps digestion by creating a conducive environment for friendly bacteria. Surgical removal of the appendix is suggested as the most common treatment for the ailment.
One of the key causes of appendicitis is believed to be the partial or complete obstruction at the mouth of the appendix. The common causes of obstruction include accumulation of fecal matter, worms, enlarged lymphoid follicles, trauma or tumors. It is also possible that an infection in the stomach could have extended into the appendix.
Appendix is commonly detected because of its progressive worsening pain in the stomach which narrows down to the lower right side of the abdomen is called Mc Burney point. Half of the patients though do not have this typical symptom and instead come in with a complaint of gastroenteritis, urinary tract infection or even a kidney stone. Further blood tests, urine tests and MRIs or ultrasounds are used to pinpoint the area causing the pain.
In most cases of advance appendix, a surgical intervention is necessary. The type of surgery will vary on a case to case basis.
Homeopathy can be tried in early stages and is especially useful to treat chronic and recurrent cases. It works with the principle of 'like cures like', which means that the elements that cause the problem are a key to its solution too. It employs a holistic healing methodology getting rid of the signs and symptoms and restoring complete health. While other treatments focus on curing the 'problem', homeopathy also deals with the basic reason of the problem and the individual's susceptibility to it. Here are some of the remedies:
- Arsenicum album: This is used when the appendicitis has resulted in sepsis and the patient also suffers from diarrhea.
- Belladonna: This is an early stage remedy for cases where appendicitis is accompanied by headache, fever
- Bryonia alba: This is an effective remedy when the pain aggravates with movement.
- Colocynthis: This is a recommended remedy when the patient experiences spasmodic or entwining pain, which worsens with indigestion. Applying warm pressure over the area helps in such cases
- Rhus Tox: This remedy is also called the 'homeopathic knife' to treat appendicitis. It is used when the pain is constant and the patient is never free from pain.
To customize the selection of the remedies according to your specific symptoms, it is best to consult with a practitioner.
She is a girl of 21 years old. Having a pain in lower abdominal. And this is not steady. Pain occurs suddenly in lower abdominal mainly right and left side. Which sometime causes loose motions. What is the reasons sir?
Hi, A portion of my left breast has hardened and as a result, i am experiencing pain . I delivered a baby boy about 5 months back and currently lactating. Could you please explain the cause for the hardening ?
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.