Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. V K PrabhuYour feedback matters!
I qm having severe headache and body pains from last 2 days tried few medicines and home remedies but didn't workout please suggest me suitable medicines.
I'm suffering from sciatic pain and numbness in frontal side of both the thighs due to pinched nerves in lower most cylinfer of spinal chord. Pls. Suggest ayurvedic physiotherapy, massage, physical treatments and medicines.
Hy. When I workout after I fell much pain in my all parts of body. What I do to relief it form pain.
I have red eyes for over 3 days and now a days my sleeping time is also increase, I don't know why but its too trouble for me, my all over body is paining hardly.
Feeling very week, pain in chest during turning in sleeping, feeling little sick, little pain in whole body.Please tell.
Since. Childhood I have problem problem of body pains and I am using many medicines there is no cure. But one of the doctor said it is reason of low blood vessels or low blood means body pains r coming he said later I am asking you is it's true how will I improve collected blood levels in my body. Did you help me how recovery of body pains nd gaining of blood. What I have to eat to improving the blood.
I'm 25 year old male and I haven't been able to sit upright for long time. It always starts paining after 15-20 min. Please help me!
I have losing my weight and hair and also I have body pains and headache and I forgot everything what I have learned in my class. Please advice me .
Hi I am 26 years old male, I fell down from bike 2 months back and my left knee and left leg are paining from knee to back buttocks left side when walking for long distance and after standing up after sitting long, I consulted doctor and he took x-rays to my knee and back he told there is no sign of fracture and he gave me pain killers but still I am carrying pain, when I keep my hand on knee and try to move leg up and down I can sense some vibration tick tock like that and leg is getting pained when I try to lift it up please advise me.
I want to leave tramadol but when I don't have tramadol body pain and I feel like no power in body. Could not sleep. Suggest me what should I do and which is the best doctor.
I am suffering from right knee mild pain when walking especially climbing stairs visited doctor had xray and mri scan as per the report the following are the observations mild thickening of the proximal half of the medial collateral ligament discoid configuration of lateral meniscus with subtle grade II signalchanges involving the posterior horns of the lateral and medial menisci mild irregularity of the articular surface of the patella doctor advised me to take KONDRO-OD tablets for 5 months please suggest if anything I can do for improvement thank you sir
My ass pole getting pain at nit 9 o clk will b started am going to toilet and came to sleep this pain will happen. When ever going to bed pain will came now am sitting in one side pain will be little poor what's the problem and how it solves?
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.