Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Utpal DurveYour feedback matters!
Here we will discuss about acne and exactly what is the food for treating it.
What is Acne?
Actually Acne is characterised by the disorder of hormone and other substances on the skin’s oil glands (sebaceous glands) and hair follicles. Sebum is secreted by these glands which lubricate the hair and skin.
Acne causes when oil and dead skin cells plug the pores. Acne usually occur on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders.
The exact cause of acne is not clear, but our researches show that it’s due to an increase in hormones called androgens (male sex hormones). These increase in both boys and girls during puberty and cause the sebaceous glands to enlarge secreting more sebum. Pregnancy or starting or stopping birth control pills can also cause acne.
Another factor is heredity or genetics. Some drugs like androgens and lithium can cause acne. Greasy cosmetics may disturb the cells of the follicles and make them stick together and close the pore leads to cause acne.
How can cure acne through foods?
Dark Green Leafy Vegetables:- It includes spinach, kale, broccoli, are high in manganese, which is needed for collagen formation in the skin cells, keeping your skin nourished and not dried out. Manganese also supports mineral transport and absorption which keeps your skin healthy. Dark leafy greens are also abundant in Vitamin A, which is great for clearing up acne and promoting skin repair.
Fruits:- Vitamin A is very good for skin health, repairing and maintaining skin cells and keeping skin moist and supple So lacking of vitamin A may leads dry and flaky skin, Also rich in antioxidants which protect from free-radicals. found abundantly in yellow colours fruits like mango, papaya, etc.
Nuts:- Nuts are one of the best for complexion Containing abundant in vitamin E, another great vitamin for limiting sun damage and signs of aging. Almonds provide lots of this vitamin, which also protect from fine lines and wrinkle.
Fish:- Fish such as salmon sardines are very high in Omega-3 fatty acids, and it has been known that foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids are good for the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, increasing the thickness of skin and making it softer, smoother and more moist. Having enough Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet may also decrease your skin’s sensitivity to the sun’s UV rays, and fatty fish is a wonderful way to get plenty of these nutrients into your body.
Dark chocolates:- chocolate is the best source responsible for glowing up of acne. Chocolates are rich in antioxidants and flavonols, and are also responsible for improving skin’s texture, smoothness, and elasticity as well as also plays an important role in hydrating your skin.
Dr. Raj can you please sugest anything except coconut Oli. When we use coconut oil hair fall is increased it is not suited me.
I have acne problem that the acne comes from inside the skin the white fluid is not visible from outside but when I clean it there is a tones of it coming out and the marks are remaining as it is and there are very small not pimple type all over nose and its side area my is oliy skin how to remove the pimple marks and make the skin brighter.
Why any person have hairs on their legs? And how to remove those hairs permanently? And are there any side effects of permanent removal of hairs?
I'm a 23 year old male. I've been suffering from acne and oily scalp from past 7 years. Recently from a doctor's advice I've started taking isotroin 10 mg tablets from past 6 months. Now my acne is gone and skin is oil free. But from a 2 weeks stopped taking isotroin and my skin is oily and pimples again. What to do? Can I continue with isotroin albeit in small dose? Is taking isotroin for long have any harmful effects?
Does having intercourse will make hormonal changes in girls body and does her face nd features changes? I mean cum will make any change?
I have a black spot on my leg which now days spreading. Here is not a facility of picture upload so I can't show u.
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.