Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Utkarsh DudhediaYour feedback matters!
I have bone joint pain problem from 5 year. I was concerned many doctor they only given me calcium tablet. But no result of that tablet. At time I am doing only excess.
Why I am getting back pain sharply. If I can do two or three times hand job multiple times in a day.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder wherein, the immune system of the body attacks healthy tissues within the various joints of the body. This causes inflammation of the joints, leading to multiple problems in them. One common issue with all the problems is pain. Thus, managing pain with rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most important facets of the treatment. More than the deformities or other problems, it is the pain that limits your capabilities. Some techniques for the management of pain are mentioned below.
- Pain medication: This is the obvious and first choice to avail if you need to reduce pain. There are many types and levels of pain medications which can range anywhere from being mild to very strong. However, this isn’t an option that should be considered lightly as you may have a tendency to develop a dependency which can border on addiction. Also, many of them harm the hepatic and renal system of the body if used beyond a certain period. Thus it is advisable to use this prudently.
- Weight management: In many cases, the pain is exacerbated by obesity. It has been noticed that obese or overweight people tend to suffer more from arthritis pain as the added weight tends to add pressure on the joints. Thus, one of the best ways to reduce a significant amount of pain would be to reduce weight through dieting and limited exercises that don’t strain the joints. However, it is easier said than done as a person in pain cannot usually exercise! So, the best strategy is to visit a pain specialist / interventional pain physician and get your pain controlled. Thereafter, start the exercises and reduce the weight effectively.
- Medication for inflammation: Inflammation of the joints is the primary symptom of this disorder. Inflammation is also what causes the pain within the joints. Thus, treating the inflammation with relevant medication has also been known to reduce pain. This is usually the first option to go to for relieving arthritis pain. The catch point here is also the side effect profile of these drugs.
- Changes in Diet: A few type of foods, especially certain fish found in colder waters are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are very good at reducing inflammation within the joints. There are also certain food items which may be bad for your arthritis pain as they may aggravate inflammation and it is better to avoid such items altogether. Some examples of such items would be sugar, alcohol, white flour, processed meats, gluten rich foods among others.
- Massages: Whether it is a self-massage or from a therapist, it is a great way to encourage circulation which can help reduce inflammation and work as a pain reliever. A therapist would also know certain specific techniques to relieve arthritis pain. However, most of the times, improper massage shall do more harm than good.
- Interventional Pain Procedures: These may often be the most cost effective and usually the only option to reduce pain. These include joint injections, neurotomies, radio frequency therapy, laser therapy, ozone therapy, platelet rich plasma or anti-inflammatory injections.
- Other therapies: Some other therapies include heat and cold compress, acupuncture, wearing supportive wears and braces among others to encourage circulation and reduce pain. Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation also helps to relieve pain by stimulating the affected nerves in the joints with the help of a low voltage electric current. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
Near upper right jaw feeling mild pain and numbness. Nerokind tabletes are suggested by dentist when these are used feeling fine but after 8 hours when tab power lasts again repeats numbness at upper right jaw. How long these tabs should be continued.
I have a desk job so basically I have to stay erect for 12 hrs what to do you now for money what not have to do but doc my back aches so much that sometimes I can't breath and it becomes really hard to study and concentrate please prescribe me some antibiotics and sleeping peels ASAP please doc it's really important OK mail me or call me on my number bye bye.
I had second c- section operation on 27th Oct 2016. After operation I had back pain. Now few months onwards I am unable to sit on chair or sofa comfortable. Once after sitting if I want get up from chair my back bomb are paining very badly. Can you please adjust some medicine.
I am 52 years 69 kg. Male having backache to the lower and chest area and some times pain in knees and all joints which revolves. I am working in my office and have sitting work. Please suggest what could it be and its medication please.
I have problem of cluster of veins and nerves in my backside of legs below knee. Whenever I sit for a long time all nerves and veins collect and make a cluster. And I feel severe pain in my legs please suggest me what to do and whom to consult.
I have tingling sensation and pain on my left hand. It was diagnosed one year back as CTS. Underwent physio for about 6 weeks. But now for the last few weeks it has recurred. It comes on every quite often during day or night and very painful. Any therapy suggestions.
I'm having the problem with back pain. It is after exercise daily. Sir pls kindly tell me the reason and solution regarding my back pain. Thank you.
I am 65 years old now a days I have got pain in the foot and hand according to medical advice I checked the blood and found uric acid high about 8 what should I do take medicine or control food.?
My mother is 45 yrs old and suffering form back and leg pain. What she should do. From past one month she is doing yoga.
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
Osteoarthritis: The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
severe pain in the knee joints
pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
pain that becomes worse in rainy days
joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
severe pain in the morning
mild fever accompanying the pain
joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
sudden stiffness of the joints
pain that increases in cold weather
mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
Acupuncture and devices such as knee braces and knee caps can relieve the pain.
Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
- If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy For Knee Arthritis-
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions.
The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.