Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha Krishna
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Usha KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 8wks pregnant women I had a miscarriage a year ago now pregnant and I had spotting again my consultant advised me to take hcg injections weekly I took first dose today I have seen that this medicine is under fda cat X and its use during pregnancy will cause birth defects for baby I just want to know am I have the right choice? Is there any problem if continue to take the medicine?
Don't feel like drinking water often in winter because it isn't warm enough? in winter, we do not sweat hence we do not feel thirsty like in summer, so automatically our water intake decreases. Water is important in keeping the body functioning properly, as well as flushing out toxins from the body.
Insufficient water intake may lead to:
Digestive problems like constipation.
Dry, itchy skin, acne: water keeps skin healthy, soft moisturized during the dry months of winter
Repeated urinary tract infections
Sneezing with dry cough
How much water should you take in winter
Men: 8-10 glasses/day
Women: 6-8 glasses/day
Lactating women: 8-12 glasses/day
Exercising men: 10-14 glasses/day
Exercising women: 8-12 glasses/day
Water requirements vary from person to person, depending on activity of the person.
How to increase water intake in winter?
Take clear soup before each meal. It will provide nutrition &amp; increase water intake of body.
Take herbal tea, it will increase taste buds indirectly water intake of body.
Natural fruit juices are another way to add to your daily water intake.
Drink one glass of water every two hours, strictly.
Hi I am 17 yreas; maine 17 jan 2017ko intimate hui thii apne partner k sath and regularly meri period date thi 22ko but mere periods us month miss hogye mne febuary ko pregnancy test kra to result positive aya and fhr mne glenpristone kit li medicin li usse khyi uske rule k according fhr medicin khne k 1 day bd mujhe kaffi heavy bleeding hui spots hue kafi bleeding rhi or meri bleeding 17 feb se leke contine chlti rhi meri fhr 25tk fhr uske bd meri bleeding ekdm se bnd hogyi fhr bich m nhi hui or fhr 6 march ko acahank se light bleeding hone lgi fhr is bich mne test bi kra to mera test negative aya or bleeding abi tk 14 march tk chl ri hh please doctr kya m pragnent hu or ye bleeding kb tk thik hogi.
Hii. My marriage is planned on 9 march and my period date is 26feb. But my periods usually delay. And I want to get my period on time. Is dr any medicn thru which my periods wll come on time. Plz help me out.
Hello Doctors, During my pregnancy my Thyroid test was positive, I took thyronorm 37.5 mg. After the delivery I have stopped taking the medicine. Now 2 months after my delivery I have gone through TSH test today and got the result of 5.37 and the normal range was below 5.2. Do I need to continue with the medication? Does it affect to my baby? Please suggest on this.
￼ Hi I am 25 years I have my last periods on may 15-20 but now I am not getting periods pls help I am not married so else not pregnant too.
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of genetic fat
1. You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
2. You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques.
1. Tumescent liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
2. Suction assisted liposuction:This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
3. Power assisted liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
4. Ultrasound assisted liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL. VASER is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
5. Laser assisted liposuction: LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma.
Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects.