Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Usha AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 31 year old female. I am suffering from many health problems. Like hypo thyroid. Taking 75mg thyroxin medicine. Every month facing genital herpes. It happened after marriage. I got marriage in 2012 and in 2013 I got divorce. Now depression, tremors in hands and legs fast heart beat sleeplessness. What should I do.
Hi! I m 18 years old and female. In the month of December I hade my periods but it was not normal means the about of blood flowed out each time, this time was not that same quantity. It was very less n had it for only 2days n s years stopped. N its January n still not got my periods. What should I do? Please help me out.
Top 10 Tips to become Fit and Healthy in Busy Life
Doctor is month mere periods miss ho gye the toh Maine deviry 10 mg tablet le 3 days 9pills 3 days ho gye code hue abi tk periods nhi hue m unmarried and I never did anything wrong.
Have any chronic of thalassemia? My gf is affected with this, moumita biswas. Will be it problematic during pregnancy?
I am suffering from my periods monthly. Which is not clear. So I face acne and pimple problem every month. And red scars on face. Which ayurvedic medicine should I take every month regarding this. Also suggest me diet.
I have multiple fibroids so lamnot getting pregnant during inter course semen back what are causes please give treatment.
Hi, I got lost periods on November 11th 2016 and till I didn't get periods. I have tried a hcg pregnancy test, the result showing one dark line (C) and near T it is showing very light colored line. Is that mean am not pregnant? Its almost 2 months I didn't get menstrual cycle. I am unable to confirm whether am pregnant or not? Please to tell me what is the result saying? How can I confirm it? If the result saying am not pregnant why I didn't get periods till date. Previously after marriage I am getting periods date to date. But why the result just showing one dark and one very light colored line? Please help me out.
My cousin 26 is pregnant and in 3 months, can you suggest which type of diet or fruits she should take?
Im 2 days late. I'm thinking im pregnant but I'm only 18. How long can it take for a pregnancy test to show up?
She have 3time relationship with b f madm now any pragncy chance. She had relationship than stop periods mam any suggestion.
I am 48 years how to test myself at home whether I am pregnant or not. If yes how to remove and come out of it.
I am 19 years old and I had sex in 18th November later on the same day I took ipill though it was protected sex, I got my periods on 28th of November it was normal period now it's Jan 18th and I still didn't get my periods though I consulted gynecologist she gave me a course of 5 days of regestrone which I completed on 16th of Jan. I got scan done it was all normal but the prob is I still don't get my periods. Doctors please help me out. Can scanning reports be wrong? I tested pregnancy almost 7 times it was negative all the time? What should I do to get my periods Please help me out please please please.
I am married before 6 days and have continuous unprotected intercourse with husband n taking sperm inside if now I took ipill will it effect for not getting pregnant?
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
I have 6 months old kid. I'm breastfeeding her. Initially my Dr. Told me to continue calcium and iron tablets till I feed the baby. So I'm planning to continue breastfeeding at least for a year. So till that I need to continue calcium and iron tablets?
What is puberty?
Puberty is the phase in life when the body of the child matures to become an adult. This change is mainly influenced by the developing reproductive system and it makes them capable of sexual reproduction. It a progressive change and happens over a span of few years. Girls start to develop breasts and might start menstruating whereas boys notice changes in body hair growth pattern with their voices beginning to crack.
The average age for a girl to attain puberty is found to be 11, whereas in boys, it is longer and the average age is somewhere around 12. Puberty also marks the onset of emotional maturity in kids as well.
Sometimes puberty can be seen at a very young age such as 7 or 8; this is called precocious puberty. This can make it physically and mentally taxing for a child and can be a sign of health issues.
What causes puberty?
The stimulation of the hypothalamus in the brain leads to the production of a hormone called Human Gonadotropin-releasing hormones (GnRH) which signal the Pituitary Gland to produce luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). This is responsible for sexual development.
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in girls:
The telltale signs of puberty in girls are:
- Development of breasts
- Growth of hair in areas such as armpits and genitals
- A growth spurt, i.e., rapid growth in height
- Start of menstruation or her periods
- Increase in body fat in certain areas of the body
- Development of acne
- “Mature” body odour
Signs that may indicate the onset of puberty in boys:
The usual signs of puberty in boys are:
- Enlargement of the testicles or penis
- Pubic, underarm, or facial hair development
- Rapid height growth — a growth "spurt"
- Deepening of voice
- "Mature" body odor
- Increase in hair growth in other parts of the body such as the arms and legs
Along with these signs and symptoms, other signs can be changes in mood. Boys and girls may develop sexual urges wherein you will notice an unexplained attraction to the opposite sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.