Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Urvi H. Patel
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Urvi H. PatelYour feedback matters!
Sir there is a permanent cavity in my teeth & it sometimes pain & sensitivity to hot. What I hv to do?
What prominent changes occur in my face apart from straight teeth after completion of braces treatment?
I have had my mouth (oral, Right side of my jaw & check ) Cancer Tumer, stage 1, removed by surgery & under going Radition & Chemo, Please suggest me Aruyadic medicin as additional Precautions (so that it does not Relapces again) for oral cancer
I have a problem my mouth. When I talk then locked my tooth. Place help. Sometimes pain my tooth side.
Did you know that transforming your smile can have an outstanding impact on your life and career?
if the eyes are the window to your soul then the smile is the window to your personality.
Ever wondered why some celebrities seem to have that eternal smile and appeal like all they need to be wearing is their smile. A beautiful smile while being visually attractive, ageless and timeless is what sets you apart. Here's exploring how a winning smile can change it all for you as an aspiring actor and if it is that x factor you were always looking for!
Is your smile the only thing standing between you and a great career?
While beauty lies in the eye of the beholder this is undeniable that as the world becomes a global village, the media portrays profound respect for beauty as a fundamental measure of perfection.
People are unwilling to accept anything less than the best. The positivity and dynamism within must reflect without.
A career in the limelight, as an actor, a celebrity, an anchor or a performer is a dream come true for most! as glamorous as it seems it can often be very demanding on all fronts. While rigorous competition and long hours are just some of the challenges your key focus even before your skill is your visual appeal or attractiveness.
Smile its role in physical attractiveness
a smile can be attractive, a prime asset to a person's appearance and it can be a powerful factor in the ego and desirable life experiences of a human being. It cannot be treated with indifference because of its deep emotional significance.
Science of smile design
Smile design as a concept evolved almost a century ago, to address the aesthetic needs of the smile and the face as a whole.
Many artistic and scientific principles when considered collectively can create a beautiful smile. These principles are established through data collected from patients, diagnostic models, dental research, scientific measurements and basic artistic concepts of beauty.
A smile makeover is a complex procedure involving a variety of dental procedures that form what is called the speciality of cosmetic or aesthetic dentistry. If you are insecure about your smile or are unsure if you need a smile makeover, just consult your dentist.
The articles to follow will elaborate how and when each one is required to make your smile a shining star just like you!
This is the first of a series of many articles on cosmetic dentistry and smile makeovers and how they impact the film and television industries.
Do leave your comments below, we would love to hear what you thought about the article.
I have continous sensation in my front teeth. Also my wisdom teeth are coming out. Because of this I am having headache. I am a working woman & hence cant go to the doctor frequently. Kindly suggest as it is getting worse with each passing day.
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.