Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Urjitha Jain
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Urjitha JainYour feedback matters!
I have recently discovered pcos. My doc gave me krimson for 2 months I had withdrawal bleeding then I stopped last month and I got periods of my own on 18 nov. This time on 18 dec I got just spotting. Why is that. Will bleeding not be there for me? I take metformin 500 daily.
As per Foetal profile - single live intrauterine embryo of 6 weeks 0 day maturity and FHR is 131 b/min. Sir/ Mam please advise is everything os normal.
I and my girlfriend had unprotected sex last night but today she has started her period. But as we have unprotected sex she is asking for I-PILL. So pls suggest me it will be safe to take I-PILL while during periods?
With the advent of the internet and it's free nature, pornography has become one of the most viewed explicit contents of the internet. Though not made for adolescents, pornography is viewed by a large number of teenagers and young adults. Sex education is highly necessary for teens and young adults and pornography can never be substituted for sex education. Read on more to find all about it.
1. Pornography is an act
The porn industry like all other industries exists for profitability and actors who indulge in explicit sexual activities on screen are professionals and the scenes are entirely scripted. The purpose of sex education, which is to provide knowledge about a person's own sexuality is lost in porn. Similar to romantic movies, which are far off from reality, pornography is also a fantasy.
2. Pornography is focuses on the act itself
Sex education is not just learning about sexual activities or preferences, but also about learning reproductive sex, safe sex, reproductive health, birth control and also emotional relations and responsibilities. Pornography is graphic by its nature and does not provide any knowledge on these subjects, which are of utmost importance as comprehensive sex education is necessary for every single person.
3. Pornography gives out the wrong message
The different positions or ways,which actors perform in pornography might be admirable, but it should be kept in mind that pornography has a purpose and it is not providing sex education to adolescents and young adults. When engaging in sexual activities with your partner, their level of comfort, their consent and their preferences matter the most. So knowledge gained from pornography is in most cases faulty. Also keep in mind that there is a stark difference in what is shown in porn and what happens in real life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
What is IUF and how it is differ with IVF and what are the pros and cons in both method and is it safe and upto which age we should go?
Hello Dr. my wife is approx 50 days pregnant Should we do sex or not and when should we stop doing sex.
It's said that blocked fallopian tube is the most common cause of female infertility in about 40% women. Fallopian tubes are channels through which the egg travels to reach the uterus and blockage of these tubes can put a stop to this from taking place. Depending on the different parts of the tubes, this form of blockage is of several types.
What are the different types of fallopian tube blockages?
- Proximal tubal occlusion: This form of fallopian tube blockage involves the isthmus (an area of about 2 cm long, this part of the fallopian tube connects the infundibulum and ampulla to the uterus). This problem occurs due to complications associated with abortion, cesarean section or PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction: It occurs in the ampullary section of the fallopian tube and is most frequently a result of tubal ligation damage. The procedure of tubal ligation is performed to put a stop to pregnancy permanently.
- Distal tubal occlusion: This is a kind of blockage wherein the section of the fallopian tube that is close to the ovary is affected and is commonly associated with a condition known as hydrosalpinx (a condition in which the fallopian tube is filled with fluid). The latter often happens due to Chlamydia infection, leading to fallopian tube and pelvic adhesions.
The conditions that may give rise to this problem can include:
- Genital tuberculosis (the TB infection that occurs in the genital tract)
- Ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in which the embryo places itself outside the uterus)
- Tubal ligation removal
- Complications related to surgery of the lower abdomen
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uterine fibroids (benign growths that occur in the uterus)
- Endometriosis (development of uterine tissue outside of the organ)
These disorders can lead to the development of scar tissue, adhesions, polyps or tumors to form inside the pathway. Additionally, the tubes can also get stuck to other body parts such as ovaries, bladder, uterus and bowels. Two things can happen to the fallopian tubes, either they can become twisted or the tubes walls may stick together, leading to a complete blockage. Moreover, even if the fallopian tubes are partially damaged, they can remain open so as to enable pregnancy to occur, while increasing your risk for ectopic pregnancy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.