Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uppul ChirmadeYour feedback matters!
My aunt cannot become pregnant she has gone through operation. So can I have sex with her without condom or should I use condom. And can we sex daily.
Hi. My self Roshani. I have a vaginal discharge as well I have itching n swelling too. I have never seen to a doctor it is happening since a month ago. Now I have no clue what to do.
Hello doctor! I want to knw .wht is the correct tym and position to get pregnant? Also tell me. That is there any chance to get pregnant during menstrual cycle?
I have been trying to conceive frm d past 5months had gone to d doc for a check up. She gt my prolactin and TSH checked up and everything is normal. She did a follicular study and it showed that everything is ok im jus ovulating on d 21st day of d cycle. Bt I dn seem to have d egg white discharge throughout the cycle. Is ths d reason im unable to conceive? Is d egg white discharge necessary for conception? Ths is my second child.
Abhyanga (full body massage) - the ayurvedic oil massage - is an integral part of the daily routine recommended by this healing system for overall health and well-being. Traditional ayurvedic texts wax eloquent on the benefits. Here's what one says - "Give yourself a full-body oil massage on a daily basis. It is nourishing; pacifies the doshas; relieves fatigue; provides stamina, pleasure and perfect sleep; enhances the complexion and the luster of the skin; promotes longevity; and nourishes all parts of the body."
Here are some of the benefits traditionally associated with regular performance of this pleasant daily ritual:
- Increased circulation, especially to nerve endings
- Toning of the muscles and the whole physiology
- Calming for the nerves
- Lubrication of the joints
- Increased mental alertness
- Improved elimination of impurities from the body
- Softer, smoother skin
- Increased levels of stamina through the day
- Better, deeper sleep at night
I have periods for 10 or 11 days although the bleeding is negligible after 7 days. Is this normal. When period delays the bleeding converts into clots and my belly looks fat. Is this the symptom of swelling in uterus.
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational Hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic Hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy.
I get one or the other inflammatory infection. Is it a sign of any upcoming major disease? Few months back I got treated with inflammatory lymph node. Now I m getting treatment for h pylori. My ESR level is 30. Pls show way to fight inflammation in body.
My daughter who will be 16yrs next month has menstruation problems. She has not been getting her periods properly. Sometimes it is delayed upto 5 months now last month she got it for 5 days after almost 6 months. So what treatment do you suggest. Of late she has been gaining weight too.
I had sex with my gf yesterday without any precaution and she don't want to take any pill what should we do?
I had spotting in my period which differs from regular period. I had nausea morning sickness abdomen pain etc.what can i do?
M 28 years old I hv small endometrioma in my left ovary. Functioning of right ovary is gud. I got married 1 years n 4 months back. M unable to conceive yet. Getting treatment for d same from last 3 months. Getting FSH and HCG injections evey month. Will I be able conceive as having dis endometrioma. Please suggest treatment for conception.
I am 22 years old and having PCOS. My doctor asked me to take meprate 3 times daily for continuous 3 days and start dronis 30 from the first day when my period comes. I started dronis on first day of my period, I am having a constant bleeding for 15 days now. I have mistakenly skipped it on 8 and 9th day and the flow got heavier after that. I beld after 9th day like I have a heavy period started. Today is my 15th day n m still bleeding a lil heavily and have cramps also. Please help.
Hi, I am 26 years old & i am having period related problem my periods are not regular from the starting 3-4 year before I took the medicine till 6 month deviry tablet I took then my period cycle got 40 days BT from Jan' 15 again i am facing problem in the periods I got periods after one & half month 2 month like this I took again deviry problem BUT again my prob is same please suggest something for my this problem.
The surgical procedure that is used for uterus removal of a female patient is known as a hysterectomy. From uterine fibroids to cancer in the uterus, there may be a variety of reasons for carrying out this procedure. Here is everything you need to know about the procedure and recovery.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for which one may have to undergo a hysterectomy. If uterine fibroids and other kinds of growth are causing severe pelvic pain and bleeding, then it may be required. This also applied to particularly painful endometriosis. Abnormal vaginal bleeding as well as severe and chronic pelvic pain, are enough of reasons by themselves for going in for this kind of surgery to remove the uterus. Also, when the uterus slides away from its normal position and slips into the vaginal canal, this signifies a condition known as Uterine Prolapse, which will also require treatment in the form of a hysterectomy. Andenomyosis is another reason why this surgery may be required, as this condition results in the thickening of the organ. Finally, if the patient is suffering from cervical or ovarian cancer, then the doctor may recommend this surgery to remove the uterus in case the tumour found has been tested as malignant.
Technique: There are various techniques that may be followed in the course of this surgery, depending on the location, the size and the severity of the condition and the growth that is associated with it.
- Open Surgery Hysterectomy: This involves an incision of six to seven inches, in the belly of the patient so as to act on the abdominal region. After recovery, there will be a visible scar on the stomach of the patient.
- MIP Hysterectomy: The various approaches for this technique include vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, and robot assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Risks: While this is mostly known as a low risk procedure, there may be various risks after the surgery including urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse, formation of fistula where an abnormal link may form between the bladder and the vagina and finally, persistent pain. Infection, haemorrhage and blood clots may also happen in extreme cases.
Recovery: The female patient will automatically start menopause once this uterus removal procedure has been carried out. Usually, the doctor will ask you to refrain from lifting heavy weights for a few weeks after the surgery and also, to abstain from sex for a while. Most female patients reported complete cure of the problem following this surgery. Also, it is not common to find too many side effects after the surgery.
- Walking after a month.
- Simple streching exercises after a month.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Water intake around 6 to 7 glasses.
- Calcium supplements.
My. Wife. Has. Recently. Conducted technicitium. Scan (thyroid) she. Was. Prescribed. For. Radio iodine (1-131) therapy is. This the right. Treatment. Has. This. Any. Side effect. On. Health. Pregnancy. Please. Inform T3 CLIA 182 T4 CLIA 9.3 TSH. CLIA. Less. Than 0.01.
Mujhe periods ki bahut dikkat he mc regular nhi hoti 1 ya 2 month gap ho jata he to uske liye mujhe koi solutions do aap pls.
Sometimes, my answer is "Yes" - after all, our thyroid hormones play a huge role in regulating our metabolism and how we use nutrients.
And research shows that even small changes to the thyroid function can cause weight gain. In fact, many women who have been told their thyroid test results are "normal" may still have a reduced thyroid function (subclinical hypothyroidism) that's enough to cause weight gain and other bothersome symptoms.
At the clinic, I work with women suffering from a wide range of thyroid issues from those just starting to suspect they have a thyroid problem to those already taking medication. And I tell each and every one of them how they can benefit from natural thyroid support and a holistic approach that considers thyroid function as part of overall hormonal balance.
The thyroid and unexpected weight gain: an early signal - Unexpected weight gain and difficulty losing weight may be one of the first noticeable signals that you're struggling with hypothyroidism (a sluggish thyroid) or subclinical hypothyroidism. Many women tell me about their frustration with gaining five pounds every year and not being able to figure out why!
Reduced thyroid function may be the result of the thyroid's impaired ability to produce hormones, or the body may have difficulty using the thyroid hormones. Either way, problems with your thyroid hormones may cause the rate at which you use nutrients (your metabolic rate) to slow down.
We are especially prone to thyroid issues and weight gain as women because the thyroid is linked to other systems that affect weight including the proper functioning of our neurotransmitters, reproductive hormones, and adrenal glands.
Thyroid issues affect women of all ages - While we see women of all ages with thyroid issues, there are times in your life when your hormones fluctuate more and when the development of thyroid issues may be even more likely.
If you have any questions related to thyroid, ask me by clicking on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.