Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Management of Smoking Cessation
Asthma Management Program
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Treatment & Management
I am 25 year old I have cold always what should I do for recover this illness I always have headache just because of cold and cough please give me the proper response.
My wife aged 55 is suffering sinus allergyand sneezes continuously all through the day. Allopathy, ayurvedic & biochemic treatment could not solved her allergy.
I have tonsils problem I m suffering from it again and again can you give me some remedies to cure it? And I m also doing gargle thrice in a day.
Hello I am 23 years old and suffering from acute cough problem. Every morning when I wake up I fell that my whole throat is filled with cough. Please help me for the same.
The symptoms of tuberculosis (TB), which is active might vary and depend on which part of the body is infected. Diagnosing TB just from its symptoms can be a difficult, as the symptoms are not for TB alone meaning the symptoms can be of other diseases as well. For the confirmation and diagnosis of TB one must get a test done for TB. However, the general symptoms of TB are tiredness, weakness, weight loss, loss of appetite, fever, chills and night sweats.
- Symptoms of Pulmonary TB: Pulmonary TB is the TB of lungs. The symptoms of this are bad cough, which might have lasted for more than 3 weeks, chest pain, blood or phlegm might occur on coughing.
- Extrapulmonary TB: The TB of any body part other than pulmonary is called extrapulmonary TB. This type of TB does not affect the lungs with the exception being the extrapulmonary TB also known as Pleural TB. General symptoms of Extrapulmonary TB are same as general symptoms of Pulmonary TB.
- Symptoms of Lymph Node TB: Lymph Node TB also known as lymphadenitis is basically the enlargement and the inflammation of the lymph nodes. This is a response to the infections especially in children. The symptoms of this might be painless slow growing lymph nodes. These swollen lymph nodes can be in the neck area, though they might also be present in the groin. Lymph node TB of the neck is also called as Scrofula or TB adenitis.
- Symptoms of skeletal (bone and joint) TB: The common and the first symptoms are pain and depend on the area of the joint or the bone affected. Often it is marked with the loss of movement and curving of the affected bones and joints. The affected area also weakens and is prone to fractures.
- Spinal TB is also called as Pott Disease or TB Spondylitis: The symptoms of this depend on the affected site and the stage of the disease. However, back pain is one of the earliest symptoms.
- Symptoms of Meningitis TB: The meningitis TB starts with classical symptoms of meningitis. It usually starts with symptoms of pains and aches, fever and vague and unwell feeling. These might last for 2-8 weeks and then the evident symptoms like headaches, seizures, vomiting and stiffness might occur.
- Symptoms of Gastrointestinal or Abdominal TB: This is marked with diarrhea, abdominal pain and bleeding from rectum and anus, though the symptoms depend on the exact site.
- Symptoms of TB in children: The symptoms depend on the type and site, though the common ones being weight loss, fever and cough.
I have cough from 3 weeks Is it any dangerous? I don't have any other problems apart from cough, please help me out.
I have sinus pain. I try to resolve this problem by many method but I am unable to do so. Please give me a good suggestion.
On march month I had a breathing problem. I consulted respiratory doctor gastroenterology doctor too. Bt still I can't breath well. Because of this problem I can't go out alone. If I step outside from my home immediately I feel uncomfortable for breathing. Then if I take food. I'll vomit. After having food gases are coming from mouth. And I loss my weight too.what is wrong with me?
Hi I am asthma patient. My doctor advice me don't take any pain killer medicine its harmful. It is true that asthma patient have not take any pain killer. Please guide me. Thanks.
My daughter has asthma which gets worse in April-May. She also gets eruptions on her skin (on arms and legs) at this time which are like mosquito bites and cause itching. Is there some cure for these skin eruptions?
Hello, I have cough and cold problem since last 20 days, in last 20 days many times I have headache and heaviness in head, body pain. A week ago I was in fever, which continues for 5 days and for that I consulted with doctor (ALL LAB TESTS ARE NORMAL) he told me that it is viral fever and he prescribed me ciplox 500 1 BD, Crocin 1 BD, livcet 5 1 OD, beplex forte 1 OD for 5 days, when ever fever comes I feel cold and after half hour or 1 hour of taking medicine I feel better and body temperature become normal but I feel warm and sweating. I got relief from fever but from yesterday same problem of fever occurs again ad due to this there is continuous pain and weakness in body some time less and some time more. So please tell me why it is happening again and please suggest me treatment.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
Any permanent solution for asthama, breathing difficulty especially on stress, heavy strained works etc.
Sir/madam I have cough and have itching in throat sol please prescribe me best medicine or ang antibiotics.
Here is how you can safeguard yourself against Tuberculosis:
1) Maintain strong immunity by adopting healthy eating habits, exercising regularly and getting sufficient sleep.
2) Diet supplemented by turnips, beet root, spinach and other green vegetables and seasonal fruits along with dairy products and eggs can be helpful is fighting against the TB bacteria.
3) Go for a check-up if you suspect that you could be suffering from TB. Typical symptoms include a persistent cough (more than 3 weeks) and low grade fever.
4) If someone you know has contracted TB, encourage him or her to adhere faithfully to the treatment.
However if you have been diagnosed with active TB, please ensure the following:
1) Complete the entirefull course of your TB medications.
2) Stay at home especially during the first two weeks of treatment.
3) Cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and wear a mask when around people during the first few weeks of treatment.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.