Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh WorlikarYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. I am suffering from diabetes from past 2 years. My problem is my penis skin gets cut often.
Hello sir myself faiz. I gt married in ds year mnth of May. My qstn is abt sex. My wife nt comfort wth me on bed. She gttng more pain while inserting and not she cnt enjoy love btwn us. Her thys n legs she felling like no energy in body. Is it a big issue or hv to concern wth Dr. Seriously.pls let me know. Thank you.
Hello. My aunt is having sensation of burning and cold in feet. She is having whistling sound in her ears. She is always feeling dizziness and not able to focus on things. Please tell me what is she suffering from? What medication or treatment does she require? What are the tests that are required to be done. Please let me know. Thank you.
Hi I am 26 years old I am suffering from rashes on mu thighs and lower abdomen I hv used some creams also but the problem is not solved, kindly suggest me what to do?
I meet an accident and suffered Displaced medial malleolus fracture in my left ankle. Surgery was done on 22nd March 2016. I have to get my plaster remove now. I am working professional. When would I be able to come to my normal walking strength as earlier and shall I have to go for physiotherapy?
Please keep it confidential. I am masturbating since 2008 and it's being 8 years now and I am still doing it don't know why it has become like habit please help and does it produce any difficulty for me after marriage like baby birth or something else. And I feel a lot of backpain also and my dick is slightly bending towards left is it due to masturbation if it is then please help me to stop it please is there any medicines please describe asap urgent help needed.
My Serum 25 (OH) - Vitamin D test shows value of 16.3 ng/ml What does this denote and what it means for me Pls advise.
I have head ache all time 24*7. I already consulted with my family doctor but not relieved please help me for my problems. I need permanent solution of my problem. So please send me medicines name & your precious advise. Thanks.
I feel like pressure on the under part even after urination. I go to washroom and after sometimes it feels like I need to go again for urination. I am very much tensed, please suggest me what should I do.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken.