Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh ShettyYour feedback matters!
I have started jogging after 2 years using running plan from s heath app after 2 months now a I have pain in the middle of my right shin bone and in my left leg in the bone lower right of kneecap (fells curved when you touch it). Left leg hurts ony during the run while right one hurts all the time when I walk. Is this normal or should I go see a doc. Coz I know if it was a fracture I wouldn't have been able to endure for even a day much less run.
I am 29 years old have back pain and whole body pains with where touch for long time. I.e sit's on chair for 5 mins back that sits part getting pain, I hold a plate on hands that hand will get pain while eating. Etc,
Sir I have a problem when ever I am walking a long distance then a sweet pain is starting in my leg joints and then the pain is increasing rapidly so please tell me what can I do to come out from this problem.
My mom is 58 years old. A couple of months back she had experienced reduction in sense level with her feet. Sometimes the feet used to get completely numb, especially when she was about to go to sleep. Right now, she seems to be fine, but I wanted to know what could be causing that. She's definitely not diabetic, I got her checked. Since last week, she has been experiencing sudden dizziness when she just woke up from sleep. Or when she sits for long time and gets up suddenly. Are there any chances that both these problems could be related? any recommendations?
I'm 20 year male and my bones so weak that when I bent any part of body bones make sound tell me what should I do to make my bones stronger.
Hi, I am 29 years old male I have a problem with my knees every time I try to climb stairs it hurts a lot. Please help.
My friend was standing near a wall by it's support and suddenly the edge of wall strike his lower spine near the buttocks. He his having pain in the upper buttock region and in sitting and sleeping. How to know if he has developed a photo or he has problem in the bone near the upper buttock? And how to cure it?
I am 43 years old I am suffering from Neuropathy and also I have back pain since three months (L3 l4 Mild disc Bulge. I am not able to sit and stand 5 to 8 hours any permanent solution is there please help me and also submitted my Medical Reports.
I'm suffering from 2012 cervical spondylitis. But from april is constantly very severe pain . I take medicine and also going for physiotherapy. But now someday also have lower back pain. What can I do.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.