Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctors namaste. My daughter is 8 yrs old. She is having habit of thumb sucking. Because of that reason her front teeth have come out. Is it possible to put braces? is it good for her in this age? if possible what would be the cost? and also she is having gaps in between. Thanks.
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes? Is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
I am using the toothpaste" Dabur" red. Is that toothpaste good or can I use" vicco" toothpaste. Pls give suggestions.
Hi Sir, I am 24 years old, actually I feel down from steps from 8 years back because of that my front tooth has been cracked and it turns to yellow colour, and I wish to get remove both (two) my front tooths and wish to attach or implement. Kindly provide me suggestions, what have to do?
Am having toothache and gums paining since 4 days. How to recur it in home? Clove will help to recur?
I am getting frequent headache due to heavy sun light and if I play. What will be the cause for it. Will my wisdom tooth will be a problem? Or any other reason.
I am getting bad spots on my teeth though I brush twice a day, But I smoke cigarettes, I need some solution.
My tooth are more sensitive. I can't eat any sweet, coffee and cold drinks. But I don't have any decayed tooth. What is the solution for it?
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
Hi! I a. Suffering from oral submocous fibrosis for a year ago please help me to cure that serious disease.
I was having a clicking sound while opening my mouth . My dentist consult me to restrict mouth opening and have liquid food and lite food. It is around 1 and half year now. Clicking sound is not there but my mouth is not opening straight but it is better then earlier. But i am suffering from pain in my jaw head and neck sometimes. I want your help in this. When do i able to open my mouth properly. I am 23 years old.Need your help. Thanku
Food contains carbohydrates which results in minute quantities of acid production. This acid weakens enamel temporarily for about 45 minutes after which enamel reminiralizes itself from saliva.
If we brush within 45 mins to 1 hr, we are brushing weakened enamel which will wear off more easily, gradually leading to enamel loss and sensitivity.
Hence it is advisable to brush either before meals or after an hour of having meals.
Recently I noticed a symmetry in my TMJ. There is no pain, no clicking sound. How would it be treated? By braces or surgery? Your insight on my case would be really appreciated.
I have cracks and cut in the corners of the mouth. Its was only one side before that now it's start formulating other side also. I frequently suffered with severe mouth ulcer and constipation also. I have tried so many medicine prescribe by dermatologist like. Brite, Koiglo-forte, melacare forte. But I did not get any relief with these cracks now it's start spreading. Thanks.
Our heart is very much related to gums health because bacterias forming plaque gets entry into bloodstream through unhealthy gums and can form clot in circulation of blood. So keep your gums healthy and regularly visit your dentist.