Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Umar KhanYour feedback matters!
Me as a boy I have black lips not pink but I am a light fair guy but my lips are black how to change it into pink when I was small my lips wer so pink how I entered into 15 to 16 years it started to get black I am feeling bad my self:(who girl will like a guy having black lips so please suggest me any medicine or natural treatment to get pink lips faster.
How to get ride from dark marks of face I lost my confidence how to solve this problem how to get back my personality.
USG Sonography report shows 7 mm gall bladder stonehypoechoic anterior wall lesion seen in uterus 2 nosPlease advice.
My skin is getting black so I want to my skin glow what can I do for my skin to getting glowing I want only my skin glow with no side effects pllease help.
I am 45 year old male. My weight is 83 kg, height: 5 ft 9 inch. For last 6 months body odour is troubling me. Before this I never had any body odour issue. Its a recent phenomena. I used to do exercise earlier which has stopped now. I drink once a week. Please advise treatment and way forward to get rid of this body odour. Thanks.
I got burn my skin because of heated vessel. My skin got removed and it looks like white patch how to get back my original skin look.
After my accident 6 Months I noticed my skin surrounding to pennis little black. Is it normal or I am assuming it. Please help me.
Here is cause,symptoms and treatments of Pigmentation
Hi, I am Dr. Deepa Kanchanl practicing Dermatologist and Cosmetologist from Mumbai since the last sixteen years. Today I would like to talk on an important topic which is of aesthetic importance to a lot many people that is Pigmentation. Pigmentation on the skin can come because of excessive production of melanin by the cells of the skin. Normally there is increase in production of melanin by stimulation of the cells by ultraviolet rays coming from sunlight or other sources. This can lead to tanning that is generalised increase in the pigmentation or it can be patchy skin but other than ultraviolet rays there can be other reasons for increase in pigmentation like deposition of certain proteins under the skin, drug reaction or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, post burns or chemical injuries, acne or any other liaison appearing on the skin.
So, when you want to get rid of pigmentation finding of the most appropriate cream depending upon the cause is very important. Generally, it is seen that people end up using creams suggested by their friends or somebody who have used it and have got good results but they don’t know what are the contents and how each cream acts and what are the side effects and eventually end up using the cream in excessive quantity for a long period of time. This can lead to a lot of side effects like increase of hair on the skin or the thinning or redness of skin, pimples or paradoxically increase in the pigmentation on the skin, this is known an Ochronosis which occurs because of deposition of the same depigmenting cream underneath the skin this can be very difficult to treat or rather impossible to treat.
So it is my suggestion that whenever you want to get rid of pigmentation it is important to analyse the cause of it and how the cause can be removed, what protection can be taken so that there is no further increase in the pigmentation and have a realistic expectation as to how pigmentation can go away as people generally are looking for a quick fix reply as to how this can disappear completely and forever without coming back again. People are not bothered about protection, whereas protection is the key in pigmentation, so protection from the UV rays by application of sunscreen or protection with a cloth or avoidance of sunlight in the peak sun hours is very important. How to use the sunscreen, how much quantity and for what duration to be applied? All these play a very important role.
So protect more than curing for further information you can contact on lybrate.com. Thank you.
I am 24 year old and I am having a small white spot under my right eye from last 8 years. What should I do so that this spot get normal skin color and this may not occur to any other part of body.
Sir, I have dark circle near my eyes. I have done skin test also but it is not by birth. Dark patch is visible. Suggest me remedies.
Skin rashes can be of many kinds. These may be due to various improper body system. Thankfully, homeopathy has many solutions for the plethora of causative factors for skin rashes. These remedies aim at treating the underlying cause of the affecting ailment. Any skin change that affects the look, colour or texture can be termed as a rash. Rashes might or might not have any accompanying pain. They may be spread all over the body or may affect any one part and be localised. It might affect the body image apart from the discomfort it causes. A few kinds of rashes disappear without treatment, while others require medical attention.
Homeopathy tries to holistically solve the disease by treating the underlying causes than just the symptoms of the disease. Here are the most commonly employed treatments:
- Arsenicum (Ars): It is useful in treating skin ailments wherein the skin gets thickened; such as in chronic urticarial, chronic eczema and psoriasis. The rash might be papular and cause a burning sensation. The pustules turn into scabs. It is also effective in treating ringworms and certain kinds of hives. Hives which are formed after consuming fruits or pork are known to show noticeable regression after consuming Arsenicum. Wheals, which are induced due to consistent exposure to cold can also be remedied by this remedy.
- Apis Mellifica (Apis): It is useful when urticarial infections have a sudden onset with a widespread appearance of welts. Hives that spread all over the body and bed rashes can also be treated with this drug.
- Hepar Sulphur (Hep): This drug is helpful in treating moist eruptions on skin folds and the joints. The skin in such cases is prone to suppuration (the process of pus forming) and becomes very sensitive. This can also be used in eczematous scalp and cases wherein the skin becomes very sensitive. Genital organs affected by boils can especially benefit from Hepar sulphur.
- Caladium: It is most commonly used in case of asthmatics who suffer from rashes. This kind of rash alternates with the asthma attacks.
- Medorrhinum: Babies having rashes around their anus (diaper rash) are generally recommended this medicine for the eruptions to subside.
- Sulphur: This works well for rashes that are extremely itchy and feeling burning. You feel better when something cold is applied to the area. Your skin is rough, dry and peeling. You have blisters and fluid-filled bumps that exist within a patch of dark red skin. It may affect the left side of the body more often than the right, especially at points that bend and folds of the skin.
- Psorinum: Psorinum is one of the most wonderful Homeopathic medicines for skin rash and itching in the bend of joints, for example the hollow of the knee or elbow. Homeopathic medicine Psorinum has shown the best results where itching is intolerable and the skin gets raw or may even start to bleed from intense and continuous scratching. So severe is the condition that the person often finds it hard to even sleep. In persons showing these vital signs, Psorinum has proved to be one of the most suitable Homeopathic medicines for skin rash and itching. Psorinum is also among the most effective Homeopathic medicines for skin ailments that get worse in winters. Along with the symptoms mentioned above, sensitivity to cold air may also be felt in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.