Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. UmaliYour feedback matters!
I have urine problem from last 5 years. I go for toilet many many times a day. What should I do to control it. Will this problem is harmful for health or any side effect?
My creatinine level is measuring now 4.00. Is there any medication to reduce this level. I am known diabetic since 15 years and it is under control with medication and having BP since 20 years. Present reading is 150/90 and I had 2 years back heart attack and under medication (No operation or stint).
I have been diagnosed with chronic pelvic inflammatory disease (may be abt 6 months, uti and kidney stones 3 mm. What is the treatment for PID? What to do to prevent it from affecting fertility? Unmarried 28 years old.
My jijaji have a stone problem in his kidney of 6 mm and he has hepatitis patient also what should he do?
Hello , I am 21 years old , I wanted to can that Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
I'm a 23 years old man. I want to know what precautions we should take to escape from kidney stone. Is constipation related to kidney stone?
When I urinate after some time in 5-15 mnts some drops fall in my underwear I feel so uncomfortable with this problem. This prob is only after the urination please help.
I am 75 years old male and have enlarges prostate for the last 15 years. I have been regularly using Urimax 0.4 mg capsule once a day for all these years. Even if I miss a single dose of this I start experiencing problem in urination within next 6 hours. My question is what are the side effects of such prolonged use of this medicine and whether there is a better medicine in Ayurved or Homeopathy for this.
My younger brother is being treated in RML for Chronic Kidney Disease from last one year, and recently his dialysis has been done with a machine used for a HIV patient. Recent HIV test is positive, is it curable. Sr. Doctor suggested some medicine to take upto six months after that the transplant can be done. Is it okay, as usually we hear that there is no cure for HIV?
She is having a stone in her kidney. She have a severe pain in her stomach. She don't know that what medicine will cure her soon. Please suggest some medicine which will cure her problem.
Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.