Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. UdenYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year girl. I have a problem of pcos since 5 years. My period s are irregular. I take consult with gynecologist take contraception pills regularly for 2 years, it was my worst experience when I take this medicine my body became unshaped, and have many side effects. I didn't get relief. After that l can't take medicine I control my weight and my period s come but when I put up weight it again stopped. Still I gave no periods for last 2 months. Please suggest some natural therapy so that my periods are regular.
I am 31 n married from last three years. Not conceived even once. Is there any remedy? After what age I can not conceive? Can I conceive or nt?
Excess of anything is never healthy and the same applies in the case of alcohol. Alcohol experts have come to a conclusion that drinking too much alcohol reduces affects negatively in both the genders.
Alcohol Myth Busted
Since time immemorial, people have considered alcohol to be an aphrodisiac. However, this myth has been busted time and again by the side effects of excessive alcohol. On the contrary, alcohol is known to induce depression after consumption.
Alcohol, if consumed in unnatural quantity over a period of time can turn conditions like 'brewer's droop', which otherwise might be temporary into permanent impotence. Alcohol addiction is a cardinal sin for couples planning on having a baby. Women, whose bodies are much more sensitive and complex than a man's body, react greatly to even a small quantity of alcohol. Even government's guidelines on low-risk alcohol consumption unit do not guarantee no harm, and people are known to have taken much longer time to get pregnant and irregularity in their menstrual cycles even after abiding by the government's guidelines.
What Is Moderation?
No one is asking you to completely cut down on alcohol. But moderation should then be a religion for all the drinkers. Moderate drinking includes no more than 2 drinks per day (US. Centre for Disease Control and Prevention). The explanation is that your liver can act on alcohol at one standard size drink an hour, so heavy drinking means that too much alcohol for the liver to handle and hence unhealthy toxins are released in the body having an adverse effect on the sex life.
Some of the more common problems caused by alcohol in a couple's sex life are:
- Long-term erectile dysfunction: The most common of all the problems, erectile dysfunction can most commonly be attributed to heavy drinking. 60% of men who are alcohol addicts are known to be suffering from loss of sexual appetite.
- Ruined Families and relationships: Alcohol can be considered one of the biggest inducers of divorce among couples. It makes people less caring and more and more involved in their drinking antics. 90% of domestic violence incidents include alcohol.
- Side effects of smoking: Drinking is usually accompanied by cigarettes and a cocktail of these two substances can be a deadly weapon against your sanity. For men below 40, erectile dysfunction primarily happens because of excessive smoking.
- STDs: Alcohol consumption helps people shed their inhibition and cases of unprotected sex increases. It increases your chances of actually getting an STD. 50% of all impromptu sexual encounters happen in the presence of alcohol and 60% STD spread when alcohol is also in the picture. Young adults who consume alcohol at an alarming rate are 7 times more likely to indulge in unprotected sexual intercourse.
Hence, we see that alcohol addiction does not compliment healthy sex life and therefore people must toe in line at the right time to ensure the wellbeing of their lifestyle and sexual activities.
I am 25 I had sex with my girlfriend that too on her periods duration that is on third day of her periods and she told that she didn't got bleeding after sex and she missed her first month periods what are the chances of getting pregnancy and how to avoid it.
When I ask you yesterday .i have sex on 23 july and aftr 25 hours take unwanted 72 and my last period come on 13 july after that periods are not com. I used a urine pregnancy test kit which is negative. you answered me to undertake Progesterone withdrawal for initiating menses. please tell me What is mean of progesterone withdrawal? Nd it is sure that I am not pregnant? Is it only a irregular period? please ans me.
I got married on 14th Nov and from 24th we will be on a honeymoon vacation. My wife got her periods on 10th which got over by 13th. Me and my wife have been sexually active with each other in the past as well. On the wedding night and thereafter we have used condom. We do not have any plans for child for the coming 1-2 years but want to spend some time without condom. Is it possible? Can we go for an alternative contraception method during vacation?
Due to problem in pregnancy we aborted the 6 week child by taking medicine under a Dr. So Now When I can do intercourse which can she getting again pregnant and And is that harmful to do intercourse in her this problem?
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.
Sir/madam please tell me, sex with pregnant lover. It is safe or not. My wife have 1st month pregnancy. Please tell.
Sex on 29th may 2016 Periods started on 31st may 2016 And now missed periods for the month of june, till date 9th july no periods. Is it a sign of pregnancy?
Sir my ultrasound report is stating that uterus is slightly bulky anteverted and deviated to left side. Cavity is empty. endometrium is 6.2mm in thickness. Monetarily is normal. Mild tenderness is present in left lower abdomen. I am feeling pain. I have not undergone any birth process or surgery before. Vomiting comes 4-5t times in a day. Please suggest causes and remedies?
I m newly married. Last night we had intercourse. She was in 5th day of her period. We used protection. Bt after few times she started bleeding. And now she is suffering from severe pain. Can't understand why this happened? please suggest me what to do?
In the present day and age, everyone’s always in a hurry. This has increased the tendency of multitasking in most people, whether it’s at their workplace, at home or while eating.
Studies have indicated that completing a single task at a time scores over multitasking and the latter even has some scary after-effects. It’s been proven that multitasking can have a huge negative influence on your brain as well as your career. Read on to find out the three ways in which multitasking is actually doing you more harm than good.
1. Your IQ level is lowered due to multitasking
Studies have revealed that multitasking can slow down your responses and even lower your IQ. A study conducted by the University of London observed a group of adults who were regularly asked to multitask. The results showed a considerable decline in the IQ level of the participants and the effects of multitasking were equated with those experienced after smoking marijuana or remaining awake all night. It was also observed that the IQ drop among some of the men resulted in them achieving IQ scores that match that of an 8-year-old child.
2. Multitasking can harm your brain
A research conducted by the University of Sussex, UK, proved that multitasking can lower your brain density in the anterior cingulate cortex (the area responsible for your emotional and cognitive control). This study analysed the MRI scans of the brains of the participants while they were multitasking (like working with multiple electronic devices). In conclusion, the researchers found out that the processes going on in the human body while interacting with multiple devices at once affect the brain’s natural structure negatively, thus hampering your ability to make wise decisions.
3. Multitasking worsens your performance at work
Studies reveal that multitasking exposes your brain to multiple streams of electronic information at once, which drastically interferes with your capacities of paying attention and remembering details.
Organizing thoughts in a proper manner also becomes difficult for people who multitask. They often fail to differentiate between relevant and irrelevant data, and show slow responses when asked to switch from one task to another. Your brain has been designed to handle and focus on only one task as a time, so if you multitask it cannot perform the multiple tasks with the same efficiency and speed. As a result, the quality of work reduces and your productivity decreases to a large extent if this continues for a long time. Moreover, multitasking can have a negative impact on your overall performance at your workplace, which can adversely impact your career in the long run.
So, if you find yourself multitasking often due to lack of time or work pressure, don’t let it turn into a regular habit. This will not only keep the quality of your work intact, but will also save you from potential brain damage.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.