Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uddhavraj DudhediaYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 12 weeks pregnant. My doc advice me to take SeaCod Liver Oil Capsules from now till the end of pregnancy. Is it safe to take these Capsules?
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend but I didn't discharge my sperm ,is there a chance of pregnancy? Am really worried need it help.
What is depression?
Everyone sometimes feels sad, but these feelings usually pass after a few days. When a woman has depression, she has trouble with her daily life for weeks at a time. More women than men get depression. It is a serious illness, and most women who have it need treatment to get better.
What are the different forms of depression?
The most common types of depression are:
Major depression?severe symptoms that interfere with a woman's ability to work, sleep, study, eat, and enjoy life. An episode of major depression may occur only once in a person's lifetime. But more often, a person can have several episodes.
Dysthymic disorder or dysthymia?depressive symptoms that last a long time (2 years or longer), but less severe than those of major depression.
Minor depression?similar to major depression and dysthymia, but symptoms are less severe and may not last as long.
What are the signs and symptoms of depression?
Different people have different symptoms. Some symptoms of depression include:
Feeling sad or "empty"
Feeling hopeless, irritable, anxious, or guilty
Loss of interest in favorite activities
Feeling very tired
Not being able to concentrate or remember details
Not being able to sleep, or sleeping too much
Overeating, or not wanting to eat at all
Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems
What causes depression in women?
Several factors may contribute to depression in women.
Genes?women with a family history of depression may be more likely to develop it than those whose families do not have the illness.
Brain chemistry and hormones?people with depression have different brain chemistry than those of people without the illness. Also, the hormones that control emotions and mood can affect brain chemistry.
During certain times of a woman's life, her hormones may be changing, which may affect her brain chemistry. For example, after having a baby (postpartum period), hormones and physical changes may be overwhelming. Some women experience postpartum depression, a serious form of depression that needs treatment. Other times of hormonal change, such as transition into menopause, may increase a woman's risk for depression.
Stress?loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or any stressful situation may trigger depression in some women.
How is depression treated?
The first step to getting the right treatment is to visit a doctor or mental health professional. He or she can do an exam or lab tests to rule out other conditions that may have the same symptoms as depression. He or she can also tell if certain medications you are taking may be affecting your mood.
The doctor should get a complete history of symptoms, including when they started, how long they have lasted, and how bad they are. He or she should also know whether they have occurred before, and if so, how they were treated. He or she should also ask if there is a history of depression in your family.
Medications called antidepressants can work well to treat depression. They can take several weeks to work. Antidepressants can have side effects including:
Nausea, feeling sick to your stomach.
Difficulty sleeping and nervousness.
Agitation or restlessness.
Most side effects lessen over time. Talk to your doctor about any side effects you may have. ASK ME ONLINE,PRIVATELY FOR ANY DOUBTS AND HELP
I am 32 years old. Recently I hv a c section delivered a baby. After that I used some ayurvedic mefic to keep body heat. So now am getting excess dehydration. My total body is burning. Unable to feed baby also am getting fatigue, tired really feeling discomfort. What should I do.
I missed my period last month, I refer to doctor and she prescribe me for pregnancy test and it's came Negative. Then she give me tablet named MEPRATE but it doesn't work. Now from last 2-3 days I am having heavy white discharge along with abdominal pain. Can you please suggest me what I will do now.
I have multiple fibroids so lamnot getting pregnant during inter course semen back what are causes please give treatment.
Hi doc I am married 26 years old female trying to conceive from 1.5 years I have regular 28-30 days cycle but this time now it is 21 days post my period date my last period date was 1.07.2016 still I didn't get my periods twice I took home pregnancy test it is negative y I did not got my period suggest any medicine to get periods and what might be the problem.
My wife's period falls on 27 but this month she didn't felt it till now but she is felling vomiting and anxiety and tiredness and body pain. I thought these are pregnancy symptoms so she got preganews test in the morning but it was negative. Is the test was sure or we should wait for any decision. Please suggest what should we do now.
I have problem with my periods. Periods are very painful (stomach) and there is very less bleeding only for 1 day and also weight has been increased approx 10 kgs. Pls help.
I did sex with my girlfriend and gave her a pill (ipill) after 70 hours but before 72 hours. Is there any change of pregnancy? Please advise.
Obesity and a shapeless body are problems that plague many people around the world. Besides leading to an appearance that is less than ideal, it can also lead to severe health problems include heart failure, heart diseases, diabetes and more. While there are many ways to combat being overweight with the help of exercise and a proper diet and even medication, very severe causes of obesity can also be fixed with a surgical process known as Bariatric Surgery. So, here's everything you need to know about it.
- Affecting the Digestive Process: As per the normal digestive process, the food moves into the digestive tract, while its nutrients get collected with the help of a well functioning system that includes digestive juices and enzymes. This food moves through the digestive tract, passing through the oesophagus, before it goes down into the stomach where it meets the strong digestive acids, which break it down, and then it enters the small intestine. While the stomach can hold three pints of food at a time, there is a chance that some of this food may not get properly digested in the small intestine. In this case, the food enters the large intestine. Now, Bariatric Surgery helps in restricting the amount of food that a person can have and hold in the first place.
- The Process: This surgical procedure may be carried out by cutting open the stomach and removing a portion of the same. This procedure can also reroute the small intestine into the gastric pouch or the small stomach pouch. This process can also be done with laparoscopic invasion, where a few small incisions will be used to insert a tiny camera and instruments for the process.
- Ideal Candidates: If your BMI or body mass index is more than 40, then you can opt for this kind of surgery, as mere dieting and exercising will not help you in your weight loss endeavour. This surgery can also help in preventing the onset of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The patient also has to have reached the normal adult height in order to qualify for this surgery.
- Side Effects: After the surgery, the patient may experience a few side effects including leakages and bleeding. An incisional or an internal hernia may also occur after the surgery. Also, for patients who have a poor diet, there may be complications after the surgery due to less intake of necessary vitamins and minerals.
Once you undergo the surgery, it is important to commit to a proper diet with less food intake and proper exercise on a lifelong basis.
Whenever my husband make relation (intercourse) with me I feel itchy (jalan). Like somebody pour something like chilly. And I am unable to make relation with him please send me the remedy or how to get rid of this. I shall be thankful to you.
I have breast pain. I have done mammography but the report is normal. But my both breast pains a lot. What to do? What may be the reason.
From sex to pregnancy to vomit .how long did this period occur. Is this time takes a month or 10-12 days plzz answer.
Most of the young people’s lungs get abused early on and age faster due to smoking and pollution they breathe in, at times indirectly through passive smoking. It is important for us to keep our lungs healthy and young because our breathing depends on it.
Adopt following practices to consciously take care of your lungs.
1. Buy houseplants: Plants release oxygen which our lungs thrive on. Staying amidst greenery is the best thing you can do. If you are a city-dweller and do not have many trees around you, plant a few in your own balcony or garden.
2 Avoid jogging or cycling in traffic: Avoid staying anywhere near traffic heavy areas. If you plan to go jogging or cycling, prefer parks. If there are no parks or tracks near your home or work, opt for bylanes as there is lesser pollution.
3. Avoid main roads: Unless you are inside a car where pollution cannot reach you, take the bylanes and avoid main roads. This will save you from breathing in a lot of smog and dust emitted, keeping your lungs healthier.
4. Don't smoke: This doesn't really need to be told. Smoking is injurious to your health and damages your lungs. Being an active smoker or a passive smoker, both are harmful for you.
5. Go out in rain washed weather: The air is clear when it is raining. The dust has settled and the breeze has started blowing. If possible, walk in this time. Make sure you are covered.
6. Cover your nose if around fumes: If you work around fumes and smoke or if you live near factories etc, make sure you cover your nose and take adequate care to avoid inhaling the impure air.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.