Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Uddhav RajYour feedback matters!
Your heart isn't one of the most important organs of your body, just like that. But it is nowadays, in constant danger with the rampant growth of heart disease, a leading cause of deaths around the world. Apart from your lifestyle choices, what you consume on a regular basis has a huge impact on the health of your heart. Unhealthy foods are the main reason the world is fatter and sicker than ever before. Surprisingly, some of these foods are considered healthy by many people.
Here are 6 health foods that are really junk foods in disguise:
- Processed 'Low-Fat' and 'Fat-Free' Foods: The 'war' on saturated fats is the biggest mistake in the history of nutrition. It was based on weak evidence, which has now been completely debunked. When this started, processed food manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and started removing the fat from foods. But there is a huge problem, food tastes horrible when the fat has been removed. That's why they added a whole bunch of sugar to compensate. Saturated fat is harmless, but added sugar is incredibly harmful when consumed in excess. The words 'low-fat' or 'fat-free' on a packaging usually mean that it is a highly processed product that is loaded with sugar.
- Fruit Juices, Which are Basically Just Liquid Sugar: A lot of people believe fruit juices to be healthy. They must be, because they come from fruit, right? But a lot of the fruit juices you find in the supermarket isn't really fruit juice. Sometimes, there isn't even any actual fruit in there, just chemicals that taste like fruit. What you are drinking is basically just fruit flavoured sugar water. That being said, even if you are drinking 100% quality fruit juice, it is still a bad idea. Fruit juice is like fruit, except with all the good stuff (like the fibre) taken out, the main thing left of the actual fruit is the sugar. If you didn't know, fruit juice actually contains a similar amount of sugar as a sugar sweetened beverage.
- Heart Healthy & Whole Wheat: Most whole wheat products are not really made from whole wheat. The grains have been pulverized into very fine flour, making them raise blood sugar just as fast as their refined counterparts. In fact, whole wheat bread can have a similar glycemic index as white bread. But even true whole wheat may be a bad idea, because modern wheat is unhealthy as compared to the wheat our grandparents ate. There are studies showing that modern wheat may cause inflammation and increased cholesterol levels, at least when compared to the older varieties. Whereas, wheat may have been a relatively healthy grain back in the day, the stuff most people are eating today is best avoided.
- Margarine: Butter was demonized back in the day, due to the high saturated fat content. Various health experts started promoting margarine instead. Back in the day, margarine used to be high in trans fats. These days, it has less trans fats than before, but is still loaded with refined vegetable oils. Margarine is not a food, it is an assembly of chemicals and refined oils that have been made to look and taste like food. If you want to improve your health, eat real butter, but avoid processed margarine and other fake foods like the plague.
- Vegetable Oils: We are often advised to eat seed and vegetable oils. This includes Soybean oil, Canola oil and numerous others. This is based on the fact that these oils have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels, at least in the short term. However, it is important to keep in mind that blood cholesterol is a risk factor and not a disease in itself. Even though vegetable oils can improve a risk factor, there is no guarantee that they will help prevent actual hard endpoints like heart attacks or death, which is what really counts. In fact, several controlled trials have shown that despite lowering cholesterol, these oils can increase the risk of death from both heart disease and cancer. So eat healthy, natural fats like ghee, cold pressed coconut oil, cold pressed sesame oil, cold pressed mustard oil and olive oil, but avoid processed vegetable oils as if your life depended on it (it does).
- Most Processed Breakfast Cereals: The way some breakfast cereals are marketed, is a disgrace. Many of them, including those that are marketed towards children, have all sorts of health claims plastered on the box. This includes misleading things like 'whole grain' or 'low fat'. But when you actually look at the ingredients list, you see that it is almost nothing, but refined grains, sugar and artificial chemicals. The truth is, if the packaging of a food says that it is healthy, then it probably is not. The truly healthy foods are those that do not need any health claims like whole, single ingredient foods. Real food doesn't even need an ingredient list, because real food is the ingredient.
Recent scan of mine Shows A small heterogeneously hypoechoic SOL measuring 19×14 mm is noted subserosaly along the posterior wall of uterus. How long time it will take to increase fibroid size. What are the complication? And we are planning for a baby Please suggest the cure for it and can it Effect my pregnancy? Is there any difficulty in conceiving?? & medication prescribed by doctor is appropriate??
My periods has started on 13 th April at 11 am. And ends at 17th April at 11 am. And now 19 th April today I was wake up in morning blood has there in my cloths. When it happens didn't know. But now no problem. And 18 th April I was vomited. I don't know what is the symptoms shown. And main thing is last month on May 28 I eat my boy friends semen. And he put his fingers to my vagina. And last month periods was start on 20 th may. Now why this symptoms shown. Periods over after one day blood has come.
Most often than not, cancer comes unannounced and rocks our world. While of late routine tests are being encouraged, it is advisable to keep a look out for symptoms which are commonly overlooked. Some of them are:
1. Peculiar back pain - it has been noticed that the first symptom for liver cancer in many cases is pain the back of the lower back side of the body. Back pain could also be a symptom for breast cancer, in cases where the tumour is pressing backwards, into the chest.
2. Unexplained nail marks - nails often reflect the condition of our health. If there is a sudden and unexplained change in the fingernails, like maybe a dot/a black mark or a brown mark under the nail, this could be a sign of lung cancer.
3. Sensitive skin patches - if there is a lump on the skin or a patch feels sore, is crusty or bleeds very easily then this could be a symptom of skin cancer. It is important to be aware of all changes in your skin, throughout the body.
4. Unexplained facial puffiness - if your face seems puffy, read or swelled, without any logical explanation, this could be a symptom.
5. Unusual menstruation - if you are having unusually heavy and painful periods, it is advisable to request for a transvaginal ultrasound as this could be a symptom of uterine cancer.
6. Changes in breast (s) - this is the most common change which women who have been diagnosed of breast cancer have reported. If the nipple is flattened, inverted or turned sideways, it could be a symptom for breast cancer. Also, if the breast feels read, sore or swollen, it could be a symptom.
7. Frequent stomach problems - frequent upset stomachs and cramps could be the symptom of colorectal cancer.
8. Unreasonable weight loss - if you are losing a lot of weight without even trying to, this could be an early sign of colon or any other digestive cancer. It could also mean that the cancer is spreading to the liver, if your appetite is getting affected.
9. Blood in stool - if there is blood in your stool, this could be a symptom of colorectal cancer and you need to go for a colonoscopy.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.