Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. UdaywalkarYour feedback matters!
I had a irregular periods in my school days. In college days, I had continuous periods for 2 years. Everyday I suffered a lot even a single day my periods didn't stop. Then through check up it found that I have PCOD. What I will do for this? Now I got married, whether I will face any difficulty to get conceive?
Hi am 60 days pregnant. Today morning I get bleeding lightly. But not in blood colour. Some brown colour thick paste like that. Little quantity. I do not know what happening. Bt no pain. Is there any problem.
Gonorrhea is a bacterial disease that is transmitted through intimate contact. If not treated on time, gonorrhea can become serious. Every year millions of people get affected with this disease across the globe.The area of infection predominantly involves the anus, vagina, penis and urethra.
Symptoms of gonorrhea
Gonorrhea often shows no symptoms. It is found that only two out of ten women show signs of gonorrhea and one out of ten men show signs of gonorrhea. This disease can take as long as 14 days to show any signs of its existence. Some common signs in women include menstrual irregularities, throwing up, abdominal pain, painful intercourse, swelling of the vulva, frequent urination and yellowish vaginal discharge. Some common signs among men include burning sensation while urinatingand discharge of pus during urination. Some common symptoms include itching of the anus, throat selling, oral infection and painful bowel movements.
- Complications in pregnancy: Apart from premature labour and stillbirth, gonorrhea can get passed on to the fetus as well. Some other symptoms include eye infection and joint and blood infection. If the fetus gets an eye infection, antibiotics drop is prescribed by the Doctor.
- Infertility: If gonorrhea is not treated for a long time, it can lead to infertility. Women might find infections in regions such as the uterus, fallopian tube and ovaries. Men might find infection in their testicles, urethra, etc. It can lead to a condition known as the epididymitis. If this condition is not treated, men can become permanently infertile.
- Arthritis: Arthritis can lead to a condition known as the disseminated gonococcal infection (DGI). This is a condition, which leads to arthritis or soring of skin. Women are more prone to developing this condition than men. Some common symptoms include fever, joint pain and fever. If DGI is not treated on time, it can lead to permanent damage of joints.
How is gonorrhea treated?
Gonorrhea is easily treatable and medication involves antibiotics along with other drugs. In case a pregnant woman gets diagnosed with gonorrhea, antibiotics are not prescribed. It is strictly advised not to involve in any sexual activities while the treatment is underway. Some of the common precautions that should be taken while undergoing treatment involves the following:
- Taking the medication on time. At times, symptoms go away, but completing the full medication course as prescribed by the doctor is required in order to completely get rid of the bacteria.
- Gonorrhea medicines should not be shared with anyone
- Consulting the doctor every three months to ensure that the disease is fully cured
- To make sure that your partner gets treated along with you in order to mitigate the risk of recurrence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi I am 43 year old female and ailing with heart disease hocm. Three years back I have undergone alcohol ablation. Now I wanted to conceive can it be possible? what all test I have to pursue? previously I have undergone many ivf but failed.
I have lost my 2months baby & got my periods after 2month. Should I conceive or not and if its conceive is there any problems,
Hi my Dr. Has suggest me clomifene citrate from day 5th to 9th of cycle. On day 12th Dr. Scan me he says no follicle seen in ovary. So come to me next cycle. Now on day 33rd of cycle my period has come. If follicles not develop then how my period come on timely. Now for conceiving what next step of treatment if chlomophene not work.
I have a cyst of 2 inches width which is coming out of my urogenital area at all times. I have had two cesarian pregnancies in the past and the last one was 15 months ago. During both pregnancies I was given a drug to induce artificial pain first and then later I was operated upon. The pain was given for almost 2-3 hrs. I have a low uterus. Just wanted to know if this cyst is something that is serious and needs immediate medical care or is it something very common in ladies. I don't feel any pain or anything because of this. 15 months ago when I had my cesarian Operation done my doctor said I had a cyst of two inches.
A poor sex life because of loss of libido is a matter of concern for both men and women. When a man or woman experiences the lack of sexual longing and has got a poor libido, it can lead to several problems or issues in the relationship. No person would want to have low libido because it affects their sexual performance.
Causes of low libido:
- Extreme stress and anxiety cause low libido
- Overindulging in rich, spicy and salty food also causes lowering of libido
- Having sex with a person you are not comfortable with causes low libido
- Having too many sexual activity may also lead to low libido
- Drugs and tobacco also affect libido
- Lack of nitric oxide in the body leads to lowering of libido. Insufficient blood supply affects erection in men
- Low levels of testosterones lower libido in men
Ayurveda, the ancient medical system since medieval times, is an effective remedy for treating or improving low libido. Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies for improving your libido and sexual life as a whole.
- Ashwagandha: This is an Ayurvedic herb, which is also known as ginseng. It is an adaptogenic Ayurvedic herb, which can be used for curing impotence, infertility and cases of premature ejaculation. This herb also nourishes our nerves and enables better nerve functioning. This makes the body adapt to stress better. This herb reduces the effect of intense stress and tiredness from our body and enhances sexual performance. You can take this herb with hot milk, ginger, honey or hot water.
- Shatavari: This is a an Ayurvedic herb also known as asparagus racemosus. This herb helps in enhancing fertility in women. It nourishes the ovum and other reproductive organs in women. Restoration of hormonal balance and promotion of blood formation and circulation is also enhanced by this herb. Risk of miscarriage is also lowered in women. It also boosts libido in both men and women. It also cures impotence, spermatorrhea and sexual organ inflammations.
- Shilajit: This herb is known as a divine nectar in Ayurveda and enhances sexual functioning in men. The herb works like an aphrodisiac and improves the quality and count of sperms in men. It also regulates balance of sexual hormones and enables proper hormonal functioning. Shilajit is commonly called the Ayurvedic Viagra.
- Garlic: Garlic is used in Ayurveda for many purposes, which also includes boosting of sexual libido in men and women. It improves the working of sexual organs after any sort of injury or disease. Ayurvedic remedies are ideal for increasing libido in men and women. Ayurveda is a totally natural form of medicine, with no side effects.
I am 20 year old girl, I'm suffering from itching on breast. Now-a-days its too much, I have not yet taken any precaution. Let me know what best I can do. I wondering whether it is breast cancer or not. Please do let me know.
I have breast itching since last year I have used desonide and tablets but again im suffering with itching I have pcos does pcos and breast itching have interlink? Which doctor should I consult?
If a girl's hymen is broke, how can I understand whether it was broke by doing sex or by sports activity. Please Explain.
I am having a lot of pain during my periods, and I vomit also. I can not even go anywhere on my 1 st day, how can I help it.
Chest congestion becomes common with a change of season. And it’s advisable to go for home remedies. Medicines might have side effects too but home remedies not only provide quick relief but are safe too. But you need to make a little effort for that.
Try these home remedies for a quick relief:
1. Gargle: Gargling is an easiest home remedy for chest congestion. It’s done by putting little salt or turmeric in a glass of warm water. It should be done twice or thrice a day.
2. Steam: Taking steam before sleep instantly eases chest congestion. Plain boiling water is good but one can put a pinch of turmeric too as it’s a great healer.
3. Ginger and honey: It’s advisable to boil pieces of ginger in water and then seep them and drink the water by mixing honey in it. Take it 2-3 times in a day for quicker relief.
4. Onion juice: Onion juice also helps in cleaning chest congestion. Mix honey, lemon juice with onion juice in a glass of warm water and drink it 3-4 times a day.
5. Bay leaves: Taking fresh bay leaves provides great relief at the time of chest congestion. Boil bay leaves in water for about 2-3 minutes and take it 2-3 times a day.
6. Black coffee: Taking 2-3 cups of black coffee also helps in cleaning chest congestion because of presence of caffeine in it.
7. Foods to avoid: During chest congestion, one should avoid taking sugar, dairy products and fried food as all these increase mucus production.
8. Garlic and Lime juice: Take a glass of warm water and add lime juice and garlic paste along with a pinch of salt. Gulp it down to get instant relief.
9. Milk with turmeric and black pepper powder: Take a glass of hot milk, add 2 teaspoons of honey, half teaspoon turmeric with a pinch of black pepper powder and drink it for instant relief.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I've my last period on28 march n still it doesn't come i've done pregnancy test on 5 may its negative way can I do.
Hello doctor. I am 6 weeks pregnant now. I took a ultrasound scan today. Doctor said that baby do not have heartbeat yet. What should I do now. Suggest me some food habit to get my baby healthy. Pls.
So your new year’s resolution is to eat healthier. Yayy! but let’s be real, changing your eating habits can be difficult. But never fear because we are determined to help you make this the year you stick to it! here are 10 easy ways to follow through with your healthy eating resolution while also having a lot of fun along the way.
#1. Choose a method of eating healthy that is enjoyable, sustainable, and works with your lifestyle.
I can’t stress this enough: the reason why so many diets fail is because they aren’t enjoyable or sustainable. When we try quick fixes like restricting, juice cleanses, or eating cabbage soup all day, we just end up feeling hungry, tired, and deprived, which leads us back to the unhealthy habits we were trying to overcome in the first place. So how do we avoid this trap? find a method of healthy eating that is sustainable and works for your lifestyle. For some people, this means following a framework like paleo or clean eating. For others, it might mean skipping the diet label all together and just eating real food. There is no such thing as a magical one-size-fits-all diet and different methods work for different people. Just make sure that whatever approach you take is one you will actually enjoy and be able to maintain over time.
#2. Identify why and rise up to the challenge.
As I mentioned, changing eating habits can be really hard. Get over the hurdle by identifying why you feel the need to change your eating habits. Is it to have more energy? clearer skin? more self-confidence? whatever your reason may be, write it down and refer back to it when you feel like giving up. Accept the fact that yes, this is going to be a challenge. Commit to it wholeheartedly and remind yourself you are worth it.
#3. Educate yourself.
When we understand the way food impacts every aspect of our lives, it becomes a lot easier to make healthy choices. Check out books like grain brain and salt sugar fat.
#4. Meal plan.
As the old saying goes, “when you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” meal planning is a great way to set yourself up for success. Set aside an hour or two of time every week to plan your meals, grocery shop, and do some basic food prep. When you invest time and money into this plan, you are much more likely to be successful and stick to it!
#5. Make enough at dinner so you have leftovers for lunch.
This one goes hand-in-hand with meal planning. When mapping out dinners for the week, plan to make recipes that will create leftovers for lunch the next day. This will save you time in the kitchen and help you stay on track the next day too!
#6. Get rid of the junk.
Make your environment work for you, not against you. This means getting rid of all the junk food in your house that will only tempt you and derail your good intentions. See no junk, eat no junk!
#7. Find healthy food you actually love.
Eating healthy does not mean eating salad all day. It should and can be delicious! focus on healthy foods that you actually enjoy. Some of my favorites are avocado toast with a poached egg, brown rice tortilla pizzas, and chocolate banana ice cream.
#8. Discover healthy restaurant options.
Many eateries are starting to focus on healthy options. Hallelujah! if you love the experience of dining out, explore healthy options in your neighborhood like vegan or farm-to-table restaurants.
#9. Try batch cooking.
Part of staying on track is planning ahead for those days you know you will be ridiculously busy with no time to cook. Make up a specific food like chicken breasts or a recipe like soup at the start of the week and then divide it into portions so you have meals ready to grab-and-go when life gets busy.
#10. Get friends and family on board.
Eating healthy becomes a lot easier when you have the support of friends and family, so invite them to join you on this journey. Create a recipe share, have a crock pot party, take turns making meals for each other, and have weekly check-ins to hold each other accountable.