Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Uday B AndarYour feedback matters!
I have severe headache daily and have sinus and migraine. What would you suggest for my bitterness in studies as it hampers lot.
I am 28 years old female have headache indifferent time, doctor said migarin, what treatment of migration. From last Three months the period are disorder what reasons I don't know?
Actually in my thigh some part are go to sleep When I pinch in thing so not feel a to much pain But is sleep like 30 percent.
Left hand and right leg goes numb many a times with pins and needles feeling later on. Also have back ache and when keep the head bended for some time, feel giddy. Whole day feel fatigued and keep postponing things to be done because of the same. Sleep is not proper. Also suffering from skin conditions.
Mere hath per me bhot kampan Hoti h sote time or dard bhi hote h kabhi kabhi me under weigh bhi hu 36 kg .5.4 height. Sote time hi kampan Hoti h.Chok bhi jati hu tab ghabrahat Hoti h.
I am 28 years old male and having problem with my left hand elbow joint. Several doctors seen but problem is persist. Also had shake to it but can't relief. What do?
Hello. I am 24 years old. I have given birth to 2 months girl baby and sometimes I use to get severe shivering even when I took bath with hot water. That's one problem and another is still I'm just 40 kg. I'm not at all gaining weight. I take healthy and more food. Need to put on weight.
I am a male of 67 years of age, sufetting from Bells Palsy since 7 days. I am a chronic C. O. P. D patient, undergoing treatment with Furacort nabuliser, Budetrol & Tiova inhaler along with tab Deriphyllin Retard 300 BD & performing breathing exercises as directed by an eminent Pulmonologist (D M) of Guwahati, now normal. please suggest how can I go for Facial Palsy (left)
I am a 13 year old school girl. I am underweight. Whenever I get up from a sleeping or sitting position everything becomes black in front of my eyes and my head goes dizzy. At that time I need to have a support to stand or else I would fall down. Few months back I fell down from a tree and hurt my underarm and after a few second I fell down and I was unconcious. My mom told me that when I was unconcious I was stretching my body and I was opening my mouth and showing or pressing my teeth against each jaw. The white portion of my eye was being seen but not the black part. Then they put water on me and I was in sense. Then I was normal. But today again a thing like that happened. I was sleeping and when I tried to get up I got hurtwith edge of the window on my lower back. It pained and I felt that I got hurt on one of my vein and again I went unconcious. My mother told me that when I was unconcious my eyes were closed and I was again pushing my teeth against each other and my body was shaking and I was making some coughing type of sound with my throat and again my mother gave water on me and I was again in sense. I hope you can tell what happened exactly and should I consult a doctor or not. Thank you for reading this. I am the girl's mother and I have writtten this from her side. She has told me everything about her health problems and I have written this for her.
I'm suffering from eye pain and one side head ache. Dr. Confirmed that it is migraine. Please give me a tips to overcome migraine.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain tumours, injury, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
I have migraine for past 5 years. Now I suffer erratic blood pressure. Sometime low sometime high. Fatigue and have spotted some facial hair growth. Please suggest.
My mom is suffering from parkinson. Is this a severe illness. What is d best cure for parkinson. She is been medicined from past 3 years for this disease. What are precautions to be taken for her. Please suggest me as I love her more than anybody in this world.
My wife, 66 years, suffered a intracerebral brain hemorrhage stroke more than a year ago. She is not under any medication for this other than her regular drugs for diabetics and hypertension. She still feels numbness around her right cheeks and continues to feel bitter taste in her saliva. Is this a common phenomena as some doctors say? Is there any medicine that can help to improve without much side effects? (She is too sensitive to most of the common medications.)
My mom's age is 54 and she is suffering from sciatic nerve pain problem since 2 years. She has taken therapy and still having medicine medicine but not recovery. Before that she was taking medicine from bangur neurology hospital in kolkata. Please suggest.
Migraine is a type of headache which can occur in varied intensities; the pain resulting from a migraine is pulsating and throbbing. This sort of a headache is usually accompanied by extreme sensitivity to sounds and light as well as severe nausea. One feature that significantly differentiates between migraine and any other type of headache is that the headache resulting from migraines usually develops on any one side of the head.
Causes of Migraine
The exact cause behind migraine is yet to be fully understood. Migraines are thought to be a result of combination of genetic and environmental factors.In majority of cases, migraines tend to run in families . There are few well known trigger factors for migraine. These are – stress, exertion, gastric disturbances, eating heavy food stuff, taking alcoholic drinks, coffee intake, hormone changes in females.
Symptoms of Migraine
The most characteristic symptom of migraine is one sided headache mostly of violent, throbbing and pulsating in nature. The accompanying symptoms include nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, flashes of light before eyes, double vision, light/sound sensitivity, confusion and weakness.
Homeopathy is not in the favour of using temporary treatments like popping a painkiller to alleviate the throbbing, pulsating and often intolerable pain caused from migraine. Homeopathy aims at going deep down into the root of the problem and entirely removes the tendency of any patient to be shot with migraine headaches every now and then. That is why homeopathic medications may take some time in showing results. They do not offer any temporary relief like most allopathic treatments do. On the other hand, homeopathic medicines offer a long term relief and can cure the migraine problem permanently.
Though homeopathic treatments vary from person to person, there are a few homeopathic medicines, which are very effective in relieving migraine headaches.
- Belladona for throbbing migraine attack: Belladonna is one of the most effective homeopathic medicines for treating migraine headache that is throbbing and violent in the temporal region of the head. If pain gets triggered without any prior prodromal symptoms and worsens by noise, touching and light, then Belladona is potent in removing the pain. This medicine is also good if you are unable to lie down because of pain and if your face turns red and hot when you are struck with excruciating pain. Have a few drops of Belladona and apply a mild pressure to feel better.
- Glonoine for migraine with congestive headache: When you are struck with congestive headache, a rush of blood reaches the head region causing redness in face and head area with intolerable throbbing pain. You may even feel shocks around the head which get aggravated when exposed to heat or sunlight. It becomes impossible to tolerate any kind of warmth, and you may feel a bit relieved when you uncover the head. If you are affected with congestive headache, then consuming Glonoine can be of immense help.
- Natrum Mur for migraine from grief and stress: This medicine is widely used for alleviating migraine caused from stress and grief. Natrum Mur is also effective in alleviating anaemic headaches, which mostly affect young women. It often leads to temporary sightlessness, and the pain feels as if thousands of small hammers are being throbbed within the brain. The pain tends to rise up after through the day, and the patient may feel better after sunset. If the pain gets triggered when the eye is strained, then Natrum Mur is the medication for you.
As you see, homeopathic treatments are great for reducing migraine attacks and your doctor will be able to guide you better on this matter. Homoeopathy treats each patient of Migraine by individualization and thus treats the root cause of migraine which could be Sun, stress, exertion etc. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
I have a problem with head ach and its symptoms are the pain is coming after my bath when I take head bath after bath head ach is coming and its paining very much what is the problem is there any chance to came migraine it's my doubt please help me abt this problem.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.