Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ubaidullah ShaikhYour feedback matters!
My baby age 11 months not slept in day time like other kids, he sleep 15 mins in evary sleep in day time twice. May I know the reason?
Hello doctor. I have a healthy three month old baby girl. 3 days a go a relative of mine who only saw her for a minute kissed her on her cheek the same person is now diagnosed with meningitis should I be worried she got infected? There was no saliva when he kissed her.
New study published in Journal of Biological Chemistry, NewYork, that "Lack of Vitamin-A found in many fruits, vegetables, meat & dairy products may be also the one factor in development of Diabetes(type-2)". Vitamin A helps to boosts the activity of Beta cells(Insulin producing cells).
My son is 18 months old, He is premature baby of 27 week. First six months he was unable to listen. But after 8 months he started to listen, Now a days he reacts to all sounds but when we call his name he doesn't reacts. Although he speaks word like papa kaka Amma. What is exact problem?
Hi, Can my newborn baby (20 days) sleeps in an air condition rooms. If yes what will be the temp range? How to make him sleep better?
Hi, my two years baby girl some tym holds her breath at the tym when she fell down or crying literally. What we need to do in this situation? Pl suggest. She doesn't response. Her face become pale and she become faint totally.
Giving regular food a twist
Mommas dilemma. How to keep the food healthy and interesting for their children. Kids throw a fit when they are served something they dislike.
You could always have an alternative for'unhealthy' food, and create a healthier and nutrition-rich meal.
Try turning the boring roti and sabzi into a vegetable wrap with loads of salad leaves, tomatoes and onions for the crunchiness.
Cheese and butter are a child's weaknesses. So, how do we make it healthy? for children, any dish with a top-up of cheese is too good to resist. But, you could use paneer instead or if they just can't do without it, try the cheese made from cow's milk.
It's all about giving the regular food a twist, making it look interesting and giving your old recipes a new look. Just a few changes here and there, and you have a healthy version of fast food. So gear up all moms create something healthy n interesting.
Moms are the best cooks after all!
Hi my baby girl is 4 months old, she gets vomiting after my breastfeeding so she always feel hungry, can I start some solid foods like cerelac or nestum like that, is it safe to my baby health and which product is good for baby health cerelac, nestum or any other product, please advice.
My 10 days son whose weight is 3.7 kg have blood creatinine level is 1.17 mg/dl and blood urea level is 64 mg/dl. Is it kidney disease? If yes please send me treatment advice?
My baby is 6 months old and I want to know about his feeding. I feed him cow milk and breast milk but I avoid solid feed so which solid foods I can give him .can I give him some water?
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.