Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. U.K.ShettyYour feedback matters!
My right leg thigh is paining, did x-ray and nothing has been detected. Any specific reason and other specialized consultation needed?
Sir I have back pain about 3 years ago. I feel it when try to do a heavy work like to pull some heavy weight or during back exercise. Is this very serious or not?
I am 48 year old female. I have problems in my back. I can't sit for long time and also can't walk on stairs. It's very painful, please give me some suggestion.
Since last 10 years I have spine problem, and I have consulted many doctors but the conditions are still the same, now even to wake up in the morning I have to take a pain killer. Doing exercise regularly as stated by the physiotherapist but there is no improvement at all. Please show me some right way to come up from this pain.
I am 35 old male .mere gardan ke pice bahut dard hota he. To muje kya karna chahiye .or kisko batana chahiye.
I am having pain in both the knees and near by leg muscle. It was after I started exercising. What should I do.
I have a desk job since last three years I have daily severe pain in my back and shoulders pain also what can I do please give me solution what can I do?
My wife has been suffering from neck pain since the last 1 year. The mri scan shows a gap in the spine. Can this ailment be completely cured with medicines?
I am working in IT sector and sit before computer or smartphone or Tv 12-14 hours on daily basis. For last 15-20 days I am not able to concentrate on my work due to mild headache and head heaviness which starts from back of my head. I also observed my neck remain stiff and slightly pain in arm and neck. Someone suggested me in your panel to do stretch exercise of neck. I am doing exercises but still not feeling good, I am unable to concentrate on work. Would appreciate if you help me. I consulted general physician but nothing worked. Which specialist doctor should I approach for this problem. Thank u.
If I go for breast reduction. Will my breast stay numb or normal. What about the scars. Will it show that I have gone through surgery ?
I have sever pain on bone joint when moving it also create sound and well having sever pain on mussel particularly in legs mussel it is very high during morning I used to yoga and physical excise then partially reduces but I need at least one hour to come out of bed looking for immediate response type homeopathy medicine.
Sir I am suffering from rheumatic arthritis last 7-8 year and I had take homeopathy medicine 5-6 year. My small joint some time painful and swollen. rheumatic factor is 50. How much time to take permanently cure this disease. .
I am 37 years old my knee pain last 8 years regular eating by given the doctor no benefit no relief so what we do for relief.
I am 22 years old male having issues with my back bone. I can not lift any weight like 25-25kg. What would be the issue here?
I am suffering from sever waist pain which slowly following to right leg. So suggest me some treatment.
Back pain is a common source of pain and can be acute, sub-acute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower back pain and coccydynia or tail bone pain. Back pain can be quite troublesome as it disables a person to move about freely due to constant ache.
Here are some procedures for the treatment of back pain.
- Give your back some rest: Most people who get back pain become obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans and x-rays done. Some even take injections and other such measures without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter immediately and the simplest way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of pains in the back resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical actions and let time do the healing.
- Pills: While you let time treat your back pain, sometimes the pain increases and gives you a bad time. In this case, you can take anti-inflammatory medicinal pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, using such pills for a continued period of time causes side effects such as gastrointestinal disorders. Hence, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch.
- Hot and cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about 20 minutes, and you should take more than two sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad instead of ice. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries and reduces the flow of blood to that area. The swelling is eased as a result. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases the blood circulation, providing extra oxygen.
- Change your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of having a back pain. According to studies, it has been observed that people sleeping on medium-firm mattresses have healthier backs. In case your mattress in sagging or is over 8 years old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your back pain is very severe, you can resort to acupuncture, which provides efficient pain relief. The procedure changes the way your nerves react and reduces inflammation.
Back pain arises from various reasons and should always be taken care of. Unattended back pain worsens and makes the affected person suffer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.