Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. U.K.ShettyYour feedback matters!
When I sleep at night, sometimes there is a severe pain in my legs and it troubles me whole night, is it the deficiency of calcium?
I have back pain on my lower back. I'm working regularly in computer daily more than 8 hours. Please send some physiotherapy tips.
My father is suffering from shoulder and neck pain on the right portion of his body. He had consulted a neurologist Dr. Chchabra invivekanand hospital and he has advice for an mri but any how we cant afford it. So what is the solution for it.
I am a 64 years old male and am having pain above and below both my knees, I am having this for last 3 to 4 years, but the peculiarity of this pain is it lasts for 2 to 3 months and than seizes off again it reappears and after few months it again seizes. I have not taken any medical treatment for this nor I had applied any pain reliving balm. Please suggest a remedy and also cause for this pain. The pain is only while squatting on the floor and rising up, otherwise there is no pain while walking, standing sitting on a chair or rising up from the chair.
I feel some jamming in my feet when I wake up in morning. After some stretching it goes away. What should I do?
Me ek bhari weight ka saman utha rha tha tbi mere peth me kch halka sa teech hua n uske baad wo Dard hone Lga dhere dhere Ye baat 6 months purani hai ...ab kbi kbi jb me bht Der tk khada rehta hu ya fir ghumta hu to halka halka Dard hone lgta...mghe kya karna chahia kya Ye usi k wgh se hai ya kch aur dikkat hai??
Polio is a virus that has the potential to infect any parts of the body including, but not limited to nerves and muscles. Primarily there are 3 types of polio namely, non-paralytic, spinal paralytic and bulbar. This disease shows minimal to no symptoms in more than 90 percent of the cases. 5 percent of the cases can show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, sore throat and abdominal pain. Polio is a communicable disease and can cause massive damage if a proper dosage is not taken. It can spread through air, physical contact with an infected person, coughs etc.
- Polio can cause paralysis: Polio has a far-reaching permanent effect on the body. It can cause paralysis on any of the limbs leading to permanent disability. This severely alters a child’s life. The far-reaching consequences of the virus can only be negated through vaccination.
- Weak muscle: Polio can result in weak muscles, respiratory problems and loss of reflex. If the breathing muscle collapses, it can result in the death of a person. Any of the above-mentioned symptoms can lead to weak body development altering the fate of a child.
- It can spread fast and quick: Polio spreads very fast through the air, physical contact, saliva and water. It not only affects a single life but put millions at risk of the disease. A 1916 outbreak of the disease killed 6000 people in the United States and left several thousands of people disabled.
- It reduces the risk of infection: 3 dosages Polio vaccination under the age of 6 can save a baby from getting polio in future. The body successfully creates polio antibodies from the vaccines and gets enough ammunition to fight it if the virus attacks it in future.
- Social responsibility: Massive amount of awareness campaigns have been run by countries all over the world to permanently eradicate polio from the face of the earth. As per the latest reports, only 3 countries are reported to have babies affected with polio; Afghanistan, Pakistan and Congo. It is, therefore, a social responsibility to take part in the mission of removing polio from the face of the earth once and for all.
- Save future generation: Although polio is not known to be a disease which passes through heredity, there still lies a chance for the future generation to get this disease. In order to negate that from happening, it makes sense to get the vaccines on time.
- Give your kid a head start: Every kid deserves to have an equal amount of privileges like others. One small mistake on part of the parents can heavily cost a child’s future. In order to make sure your kids grow up with any apprehension of polio, it is very important to treat them with polio vaccines.