Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar ObaleYour feedback matters!
An orthopaedic fracture is a serious issue that will require lots of care for the bones to heal and re-join. A broken bone is usually plastered so that the tissue may grow back together by fusing eventually, over a period of weeks. When these bones begin to rebuild in an effort to come together, the new bones are called soft callus. This will require lots of energy, which primarily comes from calories. This ensures that essential proteins like amino acids can be taken from the right type of food which would stimulate good blood flow.
So, let us take a look at the best diet that one can follow in order to recover from a fracture.
- Kale: Leafy green vegetables and herbs like kale can help in supplying good amount of protein and iron as well as calcium, which is highly important for good and strong bones. One can also find plenty of calcium in salmon and other kinds of sea food like sardines; consuming these can speed up the process. Sea vegetables like seaweed can also help in the process.
- Yogurt: Calcium can be supplied by various other kinds of food including yogurt, which has two kinds of amino acids. These amino acids are lysine and glutamine, which can assist the bones in swift calcium absorption for better recovery of the broken bones.
- Spinach: This is a very important ingredient in the bone healing process thanks to its dual elements of calcium and zinc, which come together to cause the appropriate chemical reaction for bone rebuilding. Other zinc heavy food items include pumpkin seeds and wheat germ as well as red meat.
- Broccoli: Ingredients like broccoli are rich in Vitamin K1, which is known to very good for the bone recovery process. This vitamin helps in mineralisation of the bone so that they may fuse with each other and form a new mass. One can have up to one cup of this green vegetable per day for a quick and effective fracture recovery process. Other ingredients like cheese and raw dairy products are known to have plenty of this vitamin as well.
- Green Bell Peppers: High on vitamin C which helps in producing the skin and tissue structuring element called collagen, green bell peppers are an excellent ingredient that can help you in your fracture healing process. Vitamin C can also be found in citrus fruits like oranges, strawberries as well as tomatoes.
- Milk: While milk has plenty of calcium, it also has another important ingredient called vitamin D. When calcium and vitamin D come together, the bones tend to heal much faster as vitamin D helps the bones in absorbing the calcium at a much high rate. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife age 42 years and has vanes problem in legs. She has regular pains in her legs. Give us permanent solution.
Hello Doctors, Actually I am having muscle pain because I had joined gym recently. What should I do to Prevent Muscle Pain?
Hi I am melon suffering from high fever with massive back pain. Used paracetamol not in use. please help.
I will happy to m to ask before to confirm your reservation please let reply to get back with you and your family are doing great.
I am getting pain in knee joints and legs and hands. When I am sit down and up its getting louder sounds on knees every time. Is this vitamin D deficiency or Arthritis (searched on google) or Some Other problem. Is this dangerous?
I am 38 year old women. I have severe pain in legs during summer time. In winter no any complaints abt this. But during summer it is intolerable Pls. Suggest me for the same.
Sir I have already taken an MRI scan reporting that there is a problem in L3, L4,L5 (1-2 MM )GAP and right hand side spinal cord nerve (near hip) has been buldged with inflammable pain. I also have piles complaint for nearly 20 years. Suggest me a cure for the above problems sir.
Hi I am 29 years old male height 5'7 weighing 135 kgs. I have a scaitica pain in right leg from more than 6 months now. It pains me only when I stand for more than 5 mins or so. Please suggest me how can I get rid of this pain and this problem permanently.
Hello sir i have a problem in knee. While playing basketball I got injury. Now I can walk as knee is ok but not able to sit on foot.
My foot ankle broken 8-10 years these time I treated my foot ankle but within past 6 months my ankle pains what can I do for permanent relief.
Respected sir I have body pain, stomach issues and sometime I having backpain and I want better and good suggestion and treatment so please suggest me Thank you sir.
Hi I am a 22 year old female. From childhood itself, I was having so much of stomach problems like pain, diarrhea, constipation etc. My mom told that alternate constipation & diarrhea issue please started when I was just 20 days old. I was unable to walk speedly & run from chilhood because a cramping stomach pain develops. I was unable to participate in dance, sports and such heavy exercises. We consulted many doctors including gastros. Done ct scan, barium test, endoscopy, colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy etc. Ulcer and kidney stone was diagnosed when I was 18 years. It has got cured. But this pain while running and all is still there. It became worst within last 1 year after the completion of my degree project. It was done in a hilly region and was really tough for me. Now the stool is normal daily. I am 158 cms tall & weight is just 44 kgs. I was losing my weight because of contipation & diarrhea. But since it is fine now I started gaining weight from 36 kg to 44 kg. But stomach pain while doing jobs which require little power is the main problem for me now. There is a please tenderness in the right, left and top side(most tenderness) of my tummy button. One doctor told that it is due to weak muscles & muscle spasms. I can' t even stretch my body now. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you for showing patience to read my problem
It's worth knowing that you will eventually complain of back ache if you are not already whining.
It is primarily because most of us indulge in some everyday activities that are detrimental to our spine health. The good news here is that these reasons can be easily fixed. All you need is some spine tuning. Here's how:
Are you sitting too much on your seat? Recent studies have suggested that sitting for longer hours makes you prone to various illnesses. So it is highly recommended that you stand and walk a bit every two hours or so and also engage in some static stretching exercises. If not, take a 30 minutes stroll after your lunch time.
Sleeping on your stomach
Do you have a habit of snoozing on your tummy? It's a clear give away for your back problems as it puts unnecessary pressure on your spine. When you sleep on your side or back, your spine is elongated and neutral. Also, don't use a thick pillow. The perfect-sized pillow should keep your head in line with the spine. This is not it. Your mattress should not be too hard or soft.
Not exercising your core
According to yogacharya, Shelly Khera, a strong core helps us stand difficult situations both physically and mentally. It is where all our energies are housed. And even fitness instructors in the gym have caught fancy to the word 'core, but for all the right reasons - core exercises strengthen your spine.
High heels, bulky bags
Some fashion choices that you make may be harming your back, especially high heels and heavy bags. Not only women, there are men who carry heavy laptop bags on one shoulder, which is a major cause of health issues. What's the fix? If you stand and walk a lot, do not wear heels above 2 inches and the handbag should be less than 10 pounds.