Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tushar H ManiarYour feedback matters!
Sir I have one 8 months old baby. I have one doubt he is standing in one leg only. He does not give strength to stand another leg and also he put that leg in his another leg when he is sleeping. If he have any problem in that leg and if any important to consult a doctor and scanning. Please clear my doubt because I am very scared about that.
My baby is 3 and half months. He have cold and cough also from last three days .Dr gave maxtra drop and nasoclear but cold and and cough not cure. Is steam can give to baby for relief what should I do please suggest.
My 3 year old daughter is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she Can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I Do?
7 months baby is suffering from blocked nose and severe coughing. Does nebulising with saline water helps? Or steam is a better option. We have both the things at home. Does nebulising pose any long term dependence?
One of my 8 months old twin son did not breastfeed from day one so I gave him prenan. Everything was ok till 1st month then suddenly one day he vomited. After 2 days he vomited again. I took him to his pediatrician who prescribed perinorm. But the chemist mistakenly gave me azithromycin. Which I gave him for 3 days x 3 times. My baby' s vomiting worsened after that. He started vomiting 4 - 5 times a day. And did not take his feed easily. As if he is never hungry. Till now he do not like to be fed and if fed anyhow, he vomits. It' s 7 months now but he has no relief from his vomits. His weight gain is about 200-250 gms per month.
A majority of us would rather undergo any form of torture than go to a dentist. There is some great news for the ones who are silently enduring their dental pains. Read on as we reveal how to get rid of your teething troubles and that too painlessly!
#1- NO MORE INJECTIONS
If the fear of a needle is what’s keeping you away from the dental office, then think again as we can now numb you with as little as just a paste, spray or solution that doesn’t require an injection for its delivery. This revolutionary new technology takes away the prick of the needle and the pressure of the liquid expanding your lips and gums, instead, the solution enters by a digitally controlled dispenser going in drop by drop making it virtually undetectable.
#2- NO MORE DRILLING
The sound of the drill can be one of the most known triggers for creating fear and anxiety in the patient's mind. When coupled with its vibrations, heat and pressure the experience it creates oscillates from unpleasant to downright unbearable. If the drill were replaced by a beam of light that can clean up decay, even the most reluctant people would open up to the experience. Once patients experience the difference they not only get the most urgent and necessary treatments done but also opt for preventive treatments.
#3- BLADE FREE SURGERIES
If you had to undergo a dental surgery earlier you may have had to worry about blood loss, pain, swelling, stitches not to mention the countless gory images that come to mind - but fortunately not anymore ! A surgery can be completely pain-free with little or no bleeding, Immediate recovery,no stitches and no swellings having you back at work or play almost instantly.
#4- QUICK & EASY ROOT CANALS
Root canal treatment as a procedure is probably more dreaded than even extraction or removal of a tooth. The pain and fear associated with this treatment are due to the primitive way that it used to be done in earlier. Automated technologies make root canals completely painless, precise, quick and smooth in as little as just one session.
#5- RELAXING MEDICATION
If these reasons do not sound convincing enough then pain relieving and controlling drugs before or during your appointment may be the solution for you.
Great strides have been made in the field of pharmacology with medication that can block or control pain centres in the brain.
We now choose from a variety of medication ranging from oral drugs to breathing gases through a mask, that can relieve your anxiety during the procedure to a point that you no longer perceive or detect pain.
The only thing left to fear now remains a nagging toothache in the back of your mouth that you have been ignoring.
As hard as it may seem to believe, truth is, that with the best technology, great ambience, and a host of distraction techniques - a dental appointment may actually turn out to be pleasant and save you a world of pain in the future!
Epilepsy is a form of chronic disorder and it is characterized by recurrent seizures. The episodes of epileptic seizures may differ from person to person. These seizures could be a result of genetic disorder or a result of trauma or stroke. During a seizure, a patient may also experience symptoms of neurological disorders and sometimes lose consciousness.
Medical help for epilepsy
Epilepsy itself cannot be cured using medication, but proper medicines help in eliminating recurrent seizures. These medicines stabilize the electrical activity within the brain preventing seizures.
How effective is the medication for epilepsy?
The success of controlling seizures using medicines depends on the type and severity of the epilepsy. Medicines for epilepsy are usually very effective and may fully keep seizures under control. However, controlling seizures caused due to brain problems may be more difficult. Usually, epilepsy medicines can control seizures for a long period of time when they are taken regularly.
When is medical help needed?
The decision about when to start medicines for epilepsy is a tricky one. This is because a first seizure cannot confirm whether a person has an on-going epilepsy problem. A second seizure may occur after many years or may not happen at all. Prediction of seizures is also quite difficult.
The severity of seizures also indicates when to start medicines for treatment. In case a first seizure is quite severe, medication should be started at once. Some people have very mild seizures even though they may be recurring in nature, and medication can be avoided in this situation.
All the pros and cons must be thought over before starting medications for the treatment of epilepsy. It is advisable to wait for a second seizure and then start medications for treatment. In most cases, medication is started after a second seizure occurs, twelve months within the first seizure. You should always consult a doctor to know when you need to start taking medicines to treat the condition.
For making the most out of the medicines to control seizures, you should follow certain steps:
- You must take medications exactly as your doctor has prescribed.
- Before switching to generic versions of your medicines or before taking other prescribed medicines, you must consult your doctor.
- You should never stop taking the medicines.
- In case you experience enhanced depression, mood swings and suicidal thoughts, you should talk to your doctor immediately.
- In case you have migraine, you should let your doctor know so that he can prescribe you anti-epileptic medicines, which also prevent migraines.
Medicines cannot treat the underlying cause of epilepsy, but these help in controlling seizures and this is the most common symptom of epilepsy. Medication should be started at a proper time and must be continued without stopping.
My 4 year old son always angry very quickly. He is very aggressive and most of the time he is just out of control. His palm most of the time remain little bit hot.
Hi it is about my 7 year son. Actually I think he has some problem, whenever he watch tv he copied the t.v. Character very deeply, whenever he is alone he talks himself and speak tv character dilouge act like them and one more thing and he don't behave enough mature as per other children do in the age. Of 7-8. Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks
I don't have enough milk to feed my 12 month baby give me prescription To increase. My brestmilk supply?
Hi, I have new born daughter borned on 01/01/2016. Since last 40 days she is not eating well (breast feeding). When ever her mom feed her she starts crying and refusing to eat. After several attempts she is eating but after crying. We checked with 2 pediatrician and both said she is fine as she is.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.