Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
For those who are under the age of 35 and healthy, an annual checkup is not necessary, one every 2 to 3 years is fine. Even between 35-45 years if you continue to live a healthy lifestyle and face no medical problems, an annual medical checkup is not essential. But, for those who are above the age of 45, an annual checkup is recommended. The regular checkup will detect any medical issue, which can then be treated effectively. And as you know, early detection can help overcome even deadly diseases like cancer.
What should a checkup involve?
- Essentially a full body checkup starts with obtaining patient and family history to check for any genetic problems. Details on lifestyle habits and exercise routine are also recorded.
- It is followed by a thorough physical examination, which includes measuring blood pressure, checking eye and thyroid, reflex examination, chest examination etc.
- Sometimes depending on factors like the age and patient history a rectal examination may be done. For women, sometimes pap smear (test for cervical cancer) is also recommended.
- A blood test is generally also done. In case, the patient suffers from other problems related tests like Cholesterol, liver function tests, LDLs, HDLs etc. are done.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) of the patient is taken to measure the weight. Nowadays a waist-hip ratio is generally taken as it offers a more accurate measure.
- After the examination and tests are complete, it is essential that you have a clear conversation with your doctor, and understand how your body is working currently. In case there is a medical problem, make sure that your doctor gives you details about its treatment and cure.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions in case you aren't clear about something. The doctor is there to help you lead a healthy and balanced life.
It helps if you conduct a self-examination of your body at regular intervals. Once a month, conduct a skin examination from head to toe for any abnormal spots, rashes or moles. Consult your doctor on the best way to go about it if necessary.
If you would like to schedule home sample pickup for book full body checkup, click here now.
Periods on 07-02-16. Last 2 days fully tiredness, if I eat tasteless, omit sensation. Backache like periods. I do not know what is it. Kindly tell me I want to consult doctor today. Kindly inform me at the earliest.
She is suffering from right breast cancer 3 stage. She has completed chemo 6cycle then surgery. Also facing little bone cancer. Now she will refer for radiation therapy. please help. In guiding us for precautions for her nd family members. Thanx.
Hello there, I am suffering from back pain and all time urine pressure though the urine output is good. Gastric is there as I am feeling pain all over, like sometimes in leg hand stomach or heart. High irritation and I just want to hold my stomach or that pain tightly. Again pain is not that chronic I mean some irritation. My period is due in two days. That period pain I can identify but this type of irritation and heaviness never happened. Once slightly I felt for a day and my gastric issues got over then that irritation was not there.
It is important that you protect yourself from various types of diseases and infections as much as possible. Female condoms are used to have protected intercourse so as to avoid contact with ejaculatory fluids. These condoms help a person to steer clear of blood, semen and vaginal fluids as well. Female condoms fall under the category of barrier contraceptives. They are considered to be less effective in comparison to male condoms, but are nonetheless good for preventing any kind of infection. Ensuring fine health through safe sex is your due responsibility. Hence, a little knowledge about these contraceptives is helpful if you wish to shun chances of unwanted pregnancy or Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
What is it like?
A female condom looks like an ill fitting hollow cylinder. It is a thin sheath with a closed end, that goes inside the vagina and an open end that remains outside the vagina covering other external, genital parts. The covered end has to be inserted into the vagina or into the anus. It is a misconception, that female condoms can only be used by females. It is predominantly used by females, but can also be used by any receptive partner during sexual intercourse. The ends have circular rings to keep the condom in place.
What are they made of?
Femidoms are usually made up of polyurethane. This material is expensive, making the product costly. The need for a cost effective product was immediately felt to encourage the use of condoms among females. Thus, the next generation of female condoms were made with synthetic Nitrile. Nitrile proved to be a competent substitute as it did away with the annoying noises polyurethane made during sex. It also reduced condom pricing considerably. Researchers have also come up with natural latex female condoms that retain the feel of a male condom.
Benefits of using a female condom
It is a great barrier in thwarting the flow of semen into the womb. Thus, they reduce the risk of accidental pregnancy. It also protects you against sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhoea, Syphilis, and HIV. Sex partners should be careful to refrain from any sexual contact before the insertion of a female condom. Only after the condom has been placed properly, the penis should enter the vagina or the anus. Femidoms are available in varied sizes, but the average sized condom fits most females. Large sized condoms can be used by new mothers. It is advised to buy condoms that bear the CE mark on them. The CE mark represents European Safety Standards and thus, leaves you least vulnerable to accidents or diseases.
Over the past few decades, lifestyle disorders have been on a mercurial rise. Sedentary lifestyle, amalgamated with unhealthy eating habits has been the wrecker in chief. Lack of proper awareness has made the situation even worse. The mad and competitive rush to reach the pinnacle has serious health implications. Almost every second individual suffer from some kind of lifestyle disorders. Unhealthy and stressful lifestyle has resulted in increased incidences of Obesity and Diabetes (Type II).
Individuals from all age groups have been affected by obesity and diabetes. Anxiety and depression are also on the rise. Other lifestyle disorders like Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Arteriosclerosis, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Cancer (mostly skin and lung), Cardiac problems, Renal failure, Chronic Liver problems, cannot be neglected either. The lifestyle disorders, if not treated, can cause havoc, changing the entire dynamics of a person's life.
Many lifestyle disorders occur because of the occupation we are in (Occupational lifestyle disorders). Children, who are supposed to indulge in more physical activities and outdoor games, are happy fidgeting around with their favourite gadgets. Fast foods have long replaced the healthy, nutritious foods. Children as young as you can imagine, appear to be obese or diabetic. Stress and anxiety can also trigger a number of lifestyle disorders. Thus, getting to the root cause is an important deciding factor for an effective treatment.
Homeopathy does not treat a disease or an ailment superficially. It believes in curing the patient in a disease rather than a disease in the patient. Homeopathic treatment has a more holistic approach. It takes the miasms (hereditary or acquired) into consideration while dealing with a particular symptom. The homeopathic medicines are mainly prepared by dynamization or potentization. This greatly minimizes the toxic and harmful effects of the drug (crude), thereby increasing the inherent curative effectiveness of the medicines. Thus the homeopathic medicines have negligible or no side effects.
Diseases like diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism or depression can be successfully treated and cured with homeopathy. In addition to treating the disease, homeopathic medicines go a long way to improve and enhance the patient's overall immune system. The improved immune system works effectively to keep a lot of diseases at bay. Homeopathy ensures that a person's physical, mental and emotional well being is well taken care off. This greatly helps to treat and control a number of stress related disorders. Homeopathy cannot work miracles. Treating a disease from the grass root level can be time consuming. With homeopathic treatment, one needs to have patience.
Homeopathic treatment, if followed diligently can help in the treatment of a number of lifestyle disorders.
I am 25 years I got period last month may now this month not came I was taking pills upto march novelon I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? help me.
Ectopic pregnancy surgery laparoscopy done what symptom go on period time explanation me thanks reg.
Thanks for all doctors who suggest or answer me .i am pregnant now. Please help me what I will do or not do in pregnancy?
My wife got pregnant and she now completing 1.5 months. Today she saw slightly bleeding. What is the causes for it? Is it dangerous to pregnant? Please help.
When I performing sex then I feel itching in vagina. I face this problem from last month. What should I do? Please inform me as soon as possible.
I am 20 years old now, and I got married in the age of 18. I am not getting pregnant from last 2 years. What can I do for getting pregnancy. please suggest. Thank you.
Exams are here again. As always we tend to neglect our food in the process of concentrating on studies. But we forget that to concentrate on studies we have to concentrate on taking a healthy diet.
Here are a few diet tips that will help you balance your study as well as diet.
1. Eat small and nourishing meals every three hours, instead of just 2-3 heavy meals. The brain needs a constant supply of energy and a heavy meal will divert the blood supply to digest the heavy meal.
2. Your daily diet must include 2-3 fresh, seasonal fruits. Start your day with a boost of fruit energy. Have a banana with a tablespoon of honey as the first meal of the day. Fruits provide you not only with fiber, vitamins and minerals but also simple and complex carbohydrates for short and long duration of energy supply when studying. The fiber will also help to keep the bowel movement clear.
3. A good breakfast is a must for anyone. The breakfast must contain foods with complex carbohydrates like flakes, oats, rawa (semolina), daliya (wheat cracks), poha (rice flakes) or pav with vegetables and a protein source such as eggs, milk, pulse, sprouts or paneer.
4. Nuts and dry fruits like almonds, walnuts, and dates provide nutrients which enhance brain power and concentration and also provide an extended source of energy supply.
5. Include potassium-rich coconut water, citrus fruits/ juices and soups in your diet.
6. Green leafy vegetables, pulses, and nuts will also provide vitamins and minerals to help avoid anemia. (Anemia is a common problem causing difficulty in concentration.)
7. Including milk as a bedtime meal and curd/lassi/buttermilk after lunch or as a mid-meal assures a supply of Vitamin B12 too.
8. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Always keep a glass of water beside you to remember to take sips of water every 15 minutes.
9. Basic exercise like stretching, walking or yoga with meditation will help to reduce negative stress and also help you to get good sleep.
10. Avoid junk foods as they will provide you no nutrition.
11. Avoid stimulants like tea, coffee or colas as they may seem to perk you up but the energy does not sustain for long. Too much may even cause bloating or acidity.
12. Avoid aerated drinks as they are full of sugar and may cause a rapid rise in blood sugar levels causing a sudden rise and drop in sugar levels.
13. Chocolates may seem to may you feel good but the sudden rise and fall of sugar it causes in the blood can lead to trembling nervousness and panic.
14. Have your dinner if possible a little earlier than 9-10pm.
15. Keep about 2 hours between dinner and your bedtime.
16. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Remember your body and mind need the fuel to help you perform the best. So, nourish it and take care of it and it will do the same for you.