Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. TuggalYour feedback matters!
Is ecosprin 75 mg is safe in first trimester. I had my LMP at 5 Nov 2016 and my first ultrasound showed baby at about 6 weeks and heartbeat of 89 so please suggest I should take ecosprin or now my doctor has told me to take it but I am scared of its side effects in first trimester.
I am having pcod and thyroid. 97 and prediabetes. please suggest me which food should be avoided and which food is better for me?
I am 24 years old girl, unmarried.my height is 5.2 ft and weight is around 45 kgs. I have frequent pain in my legs and also my menstrual cycle is not normal period occurs late. I also have problem of dysentery it occurs after every few days. Please suggest me diet so that I can gain some weight and get rid of these problems. I also thinks everything too much.
The reason behind your headache is not always common cold or loud music. Headaches can be triggered by a host of reasons, some of which can truly surprise you.
Check these 9 unexpected reasons that can make you reach for that aspirin.
1. Your weight
A recent study revealed that people with mild obesity, which means a body mass index (BMI) of 30, were 35% more likely to get headaches than those with a lower BMI. In fact, those who have a BMI of 40, and are quite overweight, had their chances increased up to 80%. Why exactly this happens is yet to be determined.
2. Your manager
Excessive work pressure can cause stress; and anything that causes your stress levels to rise can make you prone to tension headaches and migraines. Stress and headaches are interrelated. When you feel stressed out, the nerves in your brain that relay pain become much more sensitive. This, as a consequence causes that nagging headache.
In a survey conducted recently, 46% people said that sex was the prime reason behind their headaches. This kind of headache arises as a result of overexertion, and can even be caused while exercising. During sex, you may feel a dull headache that either increases during foreplay or orgasm due intense physical activity. This type of headache is common in men and is mostly harmless.
4. Cheese and wine
Aged cheese including varieties such as cheddar, Swiss, parmesan or blue cheese contains a substance called tyramine. This substance is a headache trigger for many people. The more aged the cheese, the higher the chances of getting a headache after eating it.
The same holds true for red wine. Tyramine, flavonoids and other substances that are present in red wine (and other alcoholic drinks) may contribute to your headaches. While the relation between the two is not very clear, the changes in the levels of serotonin (which is a chemical in the brain responsible for maintaining mood balance) may give rise to headaches after alcohol consumption.
5. Your daily cuppa coffee
Caffeine in moderation can actually cure your headaches, and is a part of several headache medications. But too much of caffeine can be the reason behind that painful headache. This happens when the medicinal effect of caffeine wears off, triggering a worse headache than before.
Apart from that caffeine withdrawal too can cause headaches. Since caffeine is responsible for narrowing the blood vessels, which surround your brain, when you stop consuming caffeine these blood vessels expand again, which causes pain.
6. Your hair band
How you style your hair can cause a headache. Tying your hair too tightly can strain the tissue in your scalp, which causes you to experience frequent headaches. Whether you braid your hair, make a ponytail, or wear a tight hat, all of them can trigger a headache. Usually, letting your hair down can sort out this problem.
7. Powerful aroma
A powerful smell, even if it’s pleasing, can be the reason behind headaches in many people. Though why this happens is not very clear yet, the reason may be that strong smells can cause disturbances in your nervous system, which as a result can lead to a headache. Smell of perfumes, paints and certain types of flowers are the most common headache triggers in this category.
8. The weather
Weather changes, like a heat wave or a cold snap for example, can increase the chances of headache in some people. Very sunny, hot days with high levels of humidity, rain, strong winds, and changes in the barometric pressure levels are other common causes of headaches. Such weather changes trigger electrical and chemical changes in the brain, which irritate the nerves and result in a headache.
9. Unhealthy posture
A poor posture can put unnecessary pressure on your head and neck muscles, which, as a consequence, can cause headaches. Usually, this kind of headache originates in the base of the skull, and its effect can be felt on the face, especially in the forehead area. Hunching your shoulders and cradling the phone between your ear and shoulders are some of the examples of poor posture that can lead to headaches.
Stay away from these things for a headache-free life.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Actinomycosis is a condition which is caused due to a bacteria called actinomycetaceae bacteria.
One interesting thing to know about actinomycosis is that the sort of bacteria which are responsible for it are almost always present in the human body. As a matter of fact, the bacteria are present and live in the linings of the mouth, the throat and the digestive system. In the case of women, it is also present in their vagina. Men fall prey to actinomycosis more than women. Also this disease is more common among adults.
There is nothing wrong or threatening at all when it comes to being a host to these bacteria, unless there is a cut in the body and they are given the ripe opportunity to enter the body to a deeper level. The condition of actinomycosis often lasts for a long time. But since it is not contagious, there is little need to worry about a transfer of actinomycosis from one person to another. This is due to the fact that the bacteria cannot survive outside the body as it is of the anaerobic type.
When a person has actinomycosis, some of the prominent symptoms include draining sores on the skin, coughing as well as chest pain. In addition to these, you may also notice lumps beginning to appear on the face of the affected person, a sudden weight loss, fatigue and fever. Sometime you may also see a few abscesses or scar tissues as symptoms to the disease.
Some of the preventive measures which one may take includes reduction in alcohol consumption, following healthy practises which also means following a regular diet routine, and avoiding any dental problems.
But even after all such precautionary steps, if you’re diagnosed with actinomycosis, antibiotics may become your best bet. Some of the popular ones which doctors prescribe to their patients are tetracycline and erythromycin. There are side effects to consuming these medicines as a person can have a rash or diarrhoea when these medicines are consumed.
Also the time required to treat actinomycosis is long. In fact, a person can expect it to be up to a year until he or she is completely cured. Depending on how bad the situation is, the lumps which are caused due to actinomycosis may also need to be removed through a surgery. However, before you decide to go for a treatment to cure actinomycosis, consult a qualified doctor and follow his / her advice.
Dear sir/madam I have a sex with my girlfriend which time is safely I mean my girlfriend periods time or before periods or after periods or periods time please ans me.
I am 30 year old and I am 13 weeks pregnant. I did NT scan and Double marker test in 12 week 4 days. In my report Nu. Translucency has come 2.8 mm, free beta HCG has come 42.60 and PAPPa has come 1.98. In my reports screen has come positive. Trisomy21 NT is 1: 211 and Trisomy 13/18 is 1: 2255 and age risk is 1: 634. Could you please tell me is everything ok with me? My baby is safe? I am very Tensed. Please answer me. I am awaiting for your response.
I am having brown discharge weeks before nd after my period. So worried please suggest me something.
Is licking female ass and vagina are normal?Is it normal to do anal sex?Give me brief answer Thanks.
Hi my girlfriend took I pill after 7 hours we had unprotected sex she had her periods after 8 day but only for 2 days with very minimal bleeding and stomachache is there a chance of pregnancy please help.
The use of herbs and spices has been important through the course of history. Modern scientific research has shown that many herbs and spices offer various health benefits and are known for their medicinal properties even before they were used for cooking.
- Cinnamon: Helps in regulating blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is widely used in various types of culinary creations, particularly baked goods. Cinnamon is rich in a compound called cinnamaldehyde, which endows the herb with its medicinal properties. This spice contains the highest level of antioxidants than other spices, which helps in fighting inflammation and has been proved to lower down levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the blood. Many studies have also shown that cinnamon can lower down your blood sugar level by slowing down the breakdown of carbohydrates as well as improving insulin sensitivity.
- Sage: Helps in improving memory and brain functions. The name “sage” is derived from the Latin word Salvere, meaning “to save.” In recent times, several researches have been conducted that show the efficacy of sage in improving functions of the brain and memory, particularly in individuals who are suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. Other studies have indicated that sage can improve the function of the brain, both in young and old.
- Peppermint: Aids in reducing nausea. Peppermint is well known for its medicinal usage, which makes it a critical component of aromatherapy. Many studies have shown that use of peppermint oil helps in alleviating the pain caused by irritable bowel syndrome. There are some studies that indicate peppermint can also help in fighting the problem of nausea among women in labour.
- Turmeric: Endowed with anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric is a popular spice that is used for giving the yellow colour to the curry, but it also contains several medicinal properties. Turmeric is rich in curcumin content, which is an anti-oxidant that not only helps in preventing damage from oxidation, but also boosts the body’s own antioxidant enzymes. It also has strong anti-inflammatory properties, which can match to that of many anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Holy basil: Helps in fighting infection. Basil, one of the sacred herbs in India, is known for inhibiting the growth of numerous bacteria, molds and yeasts. It can also reduce the blood sugar levels, both before and after meals. Holy basil also aids in fighting anxiety and depression.
- Cayenne pepper: Aids in controlling appetite. Those individuals who are looking to lose weight can use the cayenne pepper as it not only helps in controlling appetite, but also increases the amount of fat burned. This is the primary reason why it has been included in many commercial weight loss supplements. Some animal studies have indicated that the capsaicin content in cayenne pepper also helps in fighting liver, lung and even prostate cancer.
All the herbs and spices come from different parts of the plants such as flowers, fruits, barks, seeds, leaves, and roots as well. These essential parts of the plant not only make the dishes taste better, but also aid in preserving them for a longer span of time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello Doctor. I am 28 years old and I delivered a baby girl on 17 Jan 2016 through c- section. From March onwards I started having my periods, consecutively for 3 months I had regular periods but I missed my periods for 2 months I.e July n August. I took a pregnancy test which was negative. I went to a doctor n I was advised to take duphaston tablet for 10 days twice. After taking the medicine I had my periods on 30 th of September. But today is 2 Nd October yet I am not having periods so please advise me mam. I am really tensed. Looking forward to u.I am not a breast feeding mother.
I am having thyroid, 4.75 from last 2 years & weight is getting increase, want to conceive but from 1 year I am not able to get that. please suggest the remedies & method to conceive.
My friend is facing few symptoms since last 1 year. She complains about anal itching, pain while urinating and odour vaginal discharge regularly. Can you please help us in finding out what the exact problem is?
We had intercourse on 1 2 & 3 june, without protection. However I am pretty confident that I took it out before the cum. Today is 29 June and she didn't had her periods yet. As she remembers her last periods were around 25 may. She feels hungry too these days, or may be we are just thinking off that ways. Please help me. As she is just 18. How much should we wait. Or please tell a simple way of getting it over. I expect a detailed answer since none of the previous doctors answered in detail. PLEASE SIR/MAM.
You can do a number of things to keep your kidneys functioning properly and keep them as healthy as possible at every stage of life :
1.Hydrate, but don’t overdo it:
It’s always a good idea to drink enough water, drinking more than the typical four to six glasses a day probably won’t help your kidneys do their job any better.
Eat healthy foods. Your kidneys can tolerate a wide range of dietary habits, kidney problems arise out of other medical conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes. Because of this, he suggests you follow healthy, moderate eating habits to control weight and blood pressure. Preventing diabetes and high blood pressure will help keep kidneys in good condition.
2. Exercise regularly:
If you’re healthy, getting your exercise is a good idea because, like healthy eating habits, regular physical activity can stave off weight gain and high blood pressure. But do be mindful of how much exercise you do, especially if you’re not conditioned.“Overexerting yourself when you’re not fit and healthy can put a strain on your kidneys, especially if you exercise so much that you cause excessive breakdown of muscle
3.Use caution with supplements and herbal remedies:
Excessive amounts of certain vitamin supplements and some herbal extracts may be harmful to your kidneys. Talk to your doctor about any vitamins and herbs you plan to take.
Smoking can damage blood vessels, which decreases the flow of blood in the kidneys. When the kidneys don’t have adequate blood flow, they can’t function at optimal levels. Smoking also increases the risk of high blood pressure as well as the risk of kidney cancer.
6.Don’t overdo it when taking over-the-counter medications:
“Common non-prescription pills like ibuprofen and naproxen (NSAID’s) can cause kidney damage if taken too regularly over a prolonged period,” If you have healthy kidneys and use these medicines for occasional pain, they probably don’t pose a risk.If you take them for chronic pain or arthritis, you should talk to your doctor about monitoring your kidney function or finding alternative ways to control your pain.
7.If you’re at risk, get regular kidney function screening. “If you have either diabetes or high blood pressure, your physician should screen for kidney dysfunction as part of routine care for those conditions,”
Vaginal yeast infection occurs when too many yeast cells grow in the vagina, causing inflammation. It can spread by sexual contact but is not considered as a sexually transmitted infection. A yeast infection results in soreness or itching in the vagina with a burning sensation while urinating.
Causes of yeast infections in the vagina:
The vagina contains a balanced mix of yeast and bacteria; but if the balance is disrupted, it can lead to yeast infection. The reasons for overgrowth of yeast infections are:
- If antibiotics are used more than usual, they can decrease the level of lactobacillus bacteria present in the vagina, changing the pH of vagina
- Having high estrogen levels during pregnancy by using high dose birth control pills and hormone therapy can lead to the overgrowth of yeasts.
- Having diabetes, especially when the blood sugar level is not checked and tends to be high
- Having a weak or impaired immune system
- Being overweight and having poor eating habits, including foods high in sugar level
Risk factors associated with the condition:
A number of factors can increase your risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection.
- Using antibiotics heightens your risk of developing vaginal yeast infection as it disrupts the balance between yeast and bacteria. Excessive intake of antibiotics can kill healthy bacteria, leading to overgrowth of yeast organisms.
- Having a weak immune system with conditions such as poorly controlled diabetes and HIV can lead to an overgrowth of yeast in the vagina. Corticosteroid medicines also weaken the immune system.
- Wearing pants that are tight-fitting, nonabsorbent and undergarments that trap warmth and moisture
- Having high estrogen levels due to an imbalance of hormone levels during pregnancy or menstrual cycle can also lead to vaginal yeast infection. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.