Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. TuggalYour feedback matters!
Tomatoes are integral part of indian cooking and diet. This sweet-sour fruit, which is used as a vegetable, has multiple health benefits. It helps build immunity against several ailments because of its rich nutrient content.
8 health problems tomatoes will guard you against.
1) cancer - tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin c. They help fight the formation of free radicals that are said to cause cancer.
2) blood pressure - while someone suffering from blood pressure needs to lower their sodium level, it is also a good idea to increase the level of potassium in the blood. This can be done by eating tomatoes.
3) heart - tomatoes have fiber, potassium and vitamin c, all of which are very good for the heart.
4) diabetes - tomatoes are good for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients. Type 1 patients are known to have lower blood glucose level because of the fiber intake and type 2 patients can improve insulin, lipids and blood sugar levels with tomato consumption.
5) skin - tomatoes act as one of the best anti-tan solutions for the skin. It has vitamin c which is essential for collagen which in turn is the skin's support system. The vitamin c acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent damages caused by sun, smoke and pollution. It also smoothes wrinkles, improving overall skin health.
6) constipation: one should eat food that is high in fiber and water content. Tomato is just the kind of food. It adds bulk to the stool, keeps us hydrated and facilitates regular bowel movements.
7) pregnancy - pregnant women are advised to consume tomatoes due to its rich iron, vitamin c and folic acid reserves. Folic acid from the fruit protects the newborn from neural tube defects.
8) depression - tomatoes are known to help in depression. The folic acid in tomatoes prevents homocysteine, (that prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain), from forming in excess in the body. Due to this control, mood is regulated and sleep & appetite are normalised.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Hi I am a 33 year old I am diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and since then I am facing a strange issue with my vagina. There is thick layer of something tht stays on my vagina and as n. When I clean it it starts to itch very bad n then leaves my vagina super dry. I dont why it is happening but it is extremly uncomfortable pls suggest.
Hi, I had my periods on 31st Jan 2017 and got it over on 4th Feb 2017, on the same night of 4th I had unprotected sex and had taken ipill within 12 hours. Can I be pregnant? Also I did not have withdrawal bleeding yet and there is a slight rise in temperature?
Drink water instead of sugary drinks and let thirst be your guide. A healthy body can balance water needs throughout the day.
Drink plenty of water if you are active, live or work in hot conditions, or are an older adult.
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational Hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic Hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy.
Social networking refers to a multitude of websites that let the people from across the globe to get in touch with each other and interact through photos, videos discussions or audio. To name a few, Facebook tops the list by having over 1.2 billion active users monthly from across the world, followed by Twitter, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
As per the latest statistics, around 42% of populace online at one time, is using social networking sites either on their laptops or mobiles. Majority of this population is below 30 years of age, whereas the figure is changing for internet users aged 65 years and above. People use these sites to stay in touch with family and friends, to share things, express their views on matters and to find out what's happening in the other corner of the world.
But this usage can have many negative effects on the mental health and well-being of users both children and adults.
- It is addictive: It has been analyzed that these social networking sites are often addictive with people using them daily or even several times during a day. They log in to these sites for many reasons like to overcome boredom, distraction, to check their likes and comments which are usually a positive support after posting a status or information.
- It makes us do unfair comparisons: Various posts on social media at times make people compare their lives with others. And it is said, the grass is always greener on the other side, it makes you feel low thinking how idealized are the lives of people connected to you.
- Social media makes us restless: Many people start feeling restless when they are unable to access their social media accounts.
- Cyberbullying: Social media increases cyberbullying specifically in adolescents.
- Increased use of Alcohol: Social media glamorizes the use of drugs and alcohol since the teenagers often view the pictures of people using it and out of peer pressure would like to try them.
- Social media increases unhappiness: Enthusiastic users feel that social media fluctuates their moods also leaving them dissatisfied in their lives.
- FOMO: It might also lead to FOMO, fear of missing out. Pinterest might give you a feeling that you are not creative or talented, Twitter and Facebook might make you feel that you are not smart and are not enjoying your life enough.
Excess of social networking might also lead to problems like anxiety, feeling of imperfection, may induce a feeling of being miserable or in some cases might even cripple the basic need for social interaction. It has been known to create a digital landscape has exerts an unnecessary and increased pressure on the generation today and the general population has to a larger extent.
I gave an oral sex to my gf yesterday. It was her first time. Now she says she has pain on her clitoris. I took it very slow and gentle. Still she has pain. What could be the reason.
Along with oxygen, your lungs also inhale a large amount of dust. In a lifetime, you’re expected to breathe about 20.4 kg of dust.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
My Mother is 45 years old. She has Breast Cancer. Now she is under Chemotherapy. What will do to prevent from it in future.
Is mother of 1 child married husband stays away. I strongly feel asexual, even when the urge is there I tends to deviate do you think I need medical help? I have no partner and I do it feel like I need to have .
Who's. Called. Safe period. And this period. Doing. Sex without protection. Is can avoid the pregnancy. Or not.
I am suffering itching around vagina & vulva since 5 days. It started when I used some hair removing cream. No other symptoms or problems. Please suggest some medicine to treat it.
Dear doctor im male 23 years old I have one doubt I did sex with one girl. But I did only anal sex with her so if the girl has aids it will come to me. Could you clear my doubt?
This golden spice, used in almost every meal in india is very valuable.
-it is a very powerful healer. It prevents growth of cancer cells and thus can prevent cancer.
-its anti-inflammatory properties reduces swelling caused due to pain and also reduces severity of pain caused due to arthritis.
-it is also said to prevent alzheimer's disease.
-this spice also acts as an antioxidant that helps lower cholesterol.
Hello doctor. I have a sis whoz married since 1 year. She complains of having too much vaginal white discharge most of the times. She had dis problem even before her marriage. Its associated with leg pain on both sides n she starts feeling weak n irritable for dis discharge. Could you help me in knowing wats happening with her?
Me and my gf were making out yesterday. We completed the act once using a condom. Now the second time she gave me oral and with flow she rubbed the saliva on her vagina. I started fingering it and realised will it be safe to do so. I am quite sure I did not ejaculate till then (second time) but is it possible that some of the sperms from previous act may have stayed there and may have gone in her mouth with pre cum (i do not remember urinating in between). Her periods are due this thursday. We were thinking of taking an Unwanted 72 to avoid any doubts. But that may have side effects and its difficult for me to see her going through that. Please help me out here I am freaking out over this issue. We do not want to get pregnant at this point of time since we r just 20. Please help me out here.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"
Have safe diwali. Avoid burns by keeping a distance while burning crackers. Don't explode them in hand.
Pour normal water immediately if you get burns
Consult local nearby doctor, if large area burn go to hospital.